Sponsored by:

EuroElites Software Tune Results!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Arrow EuroElites Software Tune Results!

Just wanted to post here, cause this is where there is the most 55k motors.

I had been dismayed and disappointed after my car was updated at Mercedes with the dreaded 2006-0300 11 pump relay Torque load limiter Campaign. The car felt like it no longer had a supercharger! No tire spin... No Nothing, Nada. The car felt 100hp down.

There were so many companies... Large and small some on this very forums making outrageous power claims from software only ECU mods. Now I started racing motorcycles when I was 9 years old. I've been building motors since I was 11 years old... I have been a Professional Award Winning NHRA Drag Racer. I have more racing experience, and have built more race motors than ANY of these companies pushing this stuff... That's for sure.

Point one, I would like to see unbiased testimony and dyno charts showing 50+hp software only gains from these peoples products. I got news for you.. AMG Ain't that bad, and without getting more air into the car, (intake mods, Supercharger Mods, Larger throttle body, etc.) Or getting exhaust out of the car more efficiently, (headers, Less restrictive exhaust or cats, etc.) there is not that much power to be had... It has been stated that these cars are plenty rich enough... And how much can you advance the timing with out blowing the motor up?

Now Adam at EuroElites did not make outlandish claims... He did not tell me that I would get 50hp... He told me that was not possible with software alone... But this approach made me feel confident because it was inline with what I know to be true.

NOW... I'll be the first to say that I did not dyno the car before, or after... BUT, I have been tuning and test driving/riding, for over 35 years, and I can tell you this tune is AWESOME! All the power is back + a noticeable difference. The car ripping the tires off, and you just touch the gas, and the car Goes NUTS! I mean it feels like a Lot more power.

For the Value & Results, I highly recommend Adam, and the EuroElites Tune.

That's my Word.

Best,

RoydRage

Last edited by RoydRage; 08-25-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
thats good to hear, especialy with a nice lookin car like yours it better run fast!.lol.. good job adam and tony another happy customer!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:47 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
ROYDRAGE.........

What exactly did Adam do. Just an ECU reprogramming?? Have you actually documented any HP gains or is it more of a butt dyno. I have been thinking of the ECU reprogram since I put in my 80MM TB and Evo Headers but not sure if I would experience any gains........

Roland
Old 08-25-2007, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
happy2th...are you listening to this!!! bite the bullet and tell mb to f-off if you ever want your car to behave like a 55 amg should.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
+1,000,000!! Adam has always jumped through hoops for me and I am very thankful!!

While I am not even close to your experience and knowledge in racing, I have been to Kleemann's US headquarters in Co Springs where they did the before and after flash in front of my eyes and it was pretty cool.

My car was a touch different in that I already had a Speedtuning ECU mod on the car. We dyno'd the Speedtuning ECU flash and she pulled 491hp (They have a Dynomet that calculates drivetrain loss and tries to give you crank hp. I know I know everyone hates this, but what can you do. Info on Dynomet here)

Cory yanked my ECU and just to show off the Kleemann program, we redyno'd the car with just the Kleemann flash and she pulled 516. That's 25 hp ON TOP of an already modded ECU, plus Cory was so fast with the soldering iron, the car was still hot on the 516 run.

If you calculate that the Speedtuning ECU gave me about 15 hp, that's a Kleemann total increase of 40hp. If Speedtuning ECU was giving me 20-25 hp, that would mean Kleemann picked up pretty close to 50hp.

Just can't imagine what EuroElites or Oliver/EVOTECH's ECU tune can do. I really was impressed that Oliver took the time to sit down and "hand tune" some cars personally at Adam's place. You car must run like a MONSTER!!

Last edited by Jakpro1; 08-25-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
All I could say is adam is the freaking Man!!!!!! I will keep it at that for now....stay tuned.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:05 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
that's pretty impressive.....any actual dynos though?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:17 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
happy2th...are you listening to this!!! bite the bullet and tell mb to f-off if you ever want your car to behave like a 55 amg should.
I guess I'll probably have to do that. We'll see what happens when I get my car back from MB this time. Again, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
if one were to get this done to his ecu and lives very far away how is it to be done
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Zod
if one were to get this done to his ecu and lives very far away how is it to be done
You remove the ECU from the car and ship it to the tuner of your choice.They flash it,ship it back and you reinstall it.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 AM

2004 E55
the recommendation is great, I've also heard nothing but the best from that establishment, but I'm sorry i would have expected numbers from someone with your pedigree. Drag racers rarely got by butt feeling, we go by track results, mph and dyno numbers.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Sounds like your happy with the results.A before and after dyno is really needed in a situation like this though.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
I would also like to see a before and after dyno. Just the Sneaky ECU reset makes me feel like I just got 50 more HP.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Jrocket
You remove the ECU from the car and ship it to the tuner of your choice.They flash it,ship it back and you reinstall it.
lovely that means i am left stranded peh. incidentally where is the ecu located
Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
+1,000,000!! Adam has always jumped through hoops for me and I am very thankful!!

While I am not even close to your experience and knowledge in racing, I have been to Kleemann's US headquarters in Co Springs where they did the before and after flash in front of my eyes and it was pretty cool.

My car was a touch different in that I already had a Speedtuning ECU mod on the car. We dyno'd the Speedtuning ECU flash and she pulled 491hp (They have a Dynomet that calculates drivetrain loss and tries to give you crank hp. I know I know everyone hates this, but what can you do. Info on Dynomet here)

Cory yanked my ECU and just to show off the Kleemann program, we redyno'd the car with just the Kleemann flash and she pulled 516. That's 25 hp ON TOP of an already modded ECU, plus Cory was so fast with the soldering iron, the car was still hot on the 516 run.

If you calculate that the Speedtuning ECU gave me about 15 hp, that's a Kleemann total increase of 40hp. If Speedtuning ECU was giving me 20-25 hp, that would mean Kleemann picked up pretty close to 50hp.

Just can't imagine what EuroElites or Oliver/EVOTECH's ECU tune can do. I really was impressed that Oliver took the time to sit down and "hand tune" some cars personally at Adam's place. You car must run like a MONSTER!!
Now I start to think may be I should try another ECU Kleemann or Evotech or VRP one...Although Cory abd Vadim told that my custom ECU is pretty good

Evotech 650 HP SL 55 had 2 probs while I was away...One of cylinders gets some antifreeze in it and he had his trans broken..

Olivers re-programming completely chaged the other 682HP SL55 which has been written off this summer...before I spanked him with jsut exhausts, then I installed pullies and he said he just had his ECU and TCU re-porgrammed and he started to catch ME on TOP...with 21 inch wheels...
Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 AM

SL55
Originally Posted by Bay Area User
the recommendation is great, I've also heard nothing but the best from that establishment, but I'm sorry i would have expected numbers from someone with your pedigree. Drag racers rarely got by butt feeling, we go by track results, mph and dyno numbers.
Bay,

Absolutely but you see I've been fooled by a dyno many times... I OWNED A SUPERFLOW 901! if you know what that is.. and sometimes increased dyno #'s don't equate to a lower ET.

In this case It's not worth the effort, cause as I said... The difference is NOT small, and this is not a track car... It's a street car, and this tune just makes it a BLAST to drive!

If you think about #'s you could say a tune or mod gives you 50 more HP, but what if it's at 6,000RPM? This tune makes the car more powerful down low, and in the middle revs, just what you need when a pesky C5 Z06 gets up on the side of you, and hit's it? You stab the gas, and the power is right there, right now! I enjoy the car 200% more, and if that's not worth the small investment. I don't know what would be.

When I get my pulley I will dyno the car, cause then I think the increase will be more substantcial, and what's more Adam promised to re-flash the ECU for the Pulley... So this was really a No Brainer. You can't lose with this... The car just feels rediculously fast... You just stab the pedal a little, and the car builds speed at a tremendous rate. I haven't had this much fun in a long time, and Hey... Isn't that what it's all about.

Best Always,

RoydRage
Old 08-26-2007, 10:42 AM

I have a question for either you or Adam.......Will this reprogrammed ECU generate more heat, higher IAT's, where a upgrade to the intercooler would be required. I am runninga 80 MM TT and EVO Shorty Headers ONLY...

Adam, perhaps you could PM and let me know what the scoop. I only have 5 weeks left before the track closes.

Roland
Old 08-26-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
The more I read this,the more it sounds like they remapped the ramp for the throttle position is all.Same thing the sprint booster does.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Yeah throtle re-map definately makes the car feel faster...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 08-26-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:27 PM

SL55
More Power...

The more I read this,the more it sounds like they remapped the ramp for the throttle position is all.Same thing the sprint booster does.
Really does a ramp acceleration increase make the tires smoke, when tire spin was non existant before @ WOT? That was at full throttle & full power... The car is obviously making more power.

Sounds like your just trying to find something negitive here... I take that same approach with everything, and trust me there is none, The car is better all around. I have no vested interest in saying so if it was not true.

I'd be here saying I got ripped off if there was a problem. But people are so quick to complain, but rarely take the time to do something positive when they are happy, So is the reason for this thread...

Nuff said.

Best Always,

RoydRage

Last edited by RoydRage; 08-26-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Sounds like you just had something wrong with your car as you suspected... I can't stop my wheels from spinning and my engine is bone stock.

I'd be interested in seeing the wheel numbers too...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by RoydRage
Really does a ramp acceleration increase make the tires smoke, when tire spin was non existant before @ WOT? That was at full throttle & full power... The car is obviously making more power.

Sounds like your just trying to find something negitive here... I take that same approach with everything, and trust me there is none, The car is better all around. I have no vested interest in saying so if it was not true.
I could see where you think Im looking for the negative,but Im not.

You had said,"You just stab the pedal a little, and the car builds speed at a tremendous rate." That statement along with some of the other things you've said,brings me to think they remapped the throttle curve.Whether or not this is what they did,I have no idea.I think your car had something else going on,thus the huge difference in power after Adam did the ECU flash.I dont see an ECU flash only,creating a huge noticable power difference,if the car was running fine before hand.A dyno run done the same day on the same machine is the only way to tell whats going on.

Either way,enjoy your car now that your happy with it again.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:00 PM

SL55
I could see where you think Im looking for the negative,but Im not.

You had said,"You just stab the pedal a little, and the car builds speed at a tremendous rate." That statement along with some of the other things you've said,brings me to think they remapped the throttle curve.Whether or not this is what they did,I have no idea.I think your car had something else going on,thus the huge difference in power after Adam did the ECU flash.I dont see an ECU flash only,creating a huge noticable power difference,if the car was running fine before hand.A dyno run done the same day on the same machine is the only way to tell whats going on.

Either way,enjoy your car now that your happy with it again.
Ohh Yes J,

You're absolutely correct... there was something wrong... You will notice in the first post, the first thing I said was the car was a victim of the MB update in which the car became a total dog.

But not only did EuroElites Adam/Oliver overcome the damage, they definately did make the car faster than it was before. A definate noticible difference... And for a mod of this caliper it is more than I could have hoped for. I'll be ready for the Pulley, and new tune for that Soon!

I can't wait.

Best,

RoydRage
Old 08-26-2007, 06:05 PM

Adam, could you clarify exactly what was done so the rest of us who may be interested could utilize your services......

Thanks

Roland
Old 08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Well......here's a recent dyno of our 55K ECU set up.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/202602-cls55-63-tuning.html

Check the 4th post.

The way I set these cars up is to deliver the power in the heart of the power band.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 08-26-2007 at 10:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroElites Software Tune Results!