First Mechanical Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
First Mechanical Problem

My car had been virtually trouble free until yesterday. I have experienced the SRS light and warning a couple of times, but that did not cause the car to be un-drivable. This time I got the message "Stop - Car too low". (There was at least one other person with this problem and I do not remember if he said what the cause was). Fortunately I was close to one of the local dealerships. I took the car there and picked up a loan car. I asked what the cost might be if the car had been out of warranty and the SA said that if the pump is bad, it would cost around $5,000. Sure makes me want to consider the extended warranty or getting rid of the car in a year and a half. I should have it back Monday or Tuesday and then again.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
My car had been virtually trouble free until yesterday. I have experienced the SRS light and warning a couple of times, but that did not cause the car to be un-drivable. This time I got the message "Stop - Car too low". (There was at least one other person with this problem and I do not remember if he said what the cause was). Fortunately I was close to one of the local dealerships. I took the car there and picked up a loan car. I asked what the cost might be if the car had been out of warranty and the SA said that if the pump is bad, it would cost around $5,000. Sure makes me want to consider the extended warranty or getting rid of the car in a year and a half. I should have it back Monday or Tuesday and then again.
I had both front airstruts leak. Car looked slammed at the front. Mine was out of warranty. Quoted $A8000 to replace both (and may be the pump). I complained like hell that warranty or not they shouldn't leak. MB offered to pay half - accepted.