W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt length for ASP pulley?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll stick the number provided on this thread.

JAGUAR SUPERCHARGER BELT XJ8 98-99 NCC7740AD $70.95
Captain Jaguar's Cathouse
Old 10-17-2007, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by TopGun32
I'll stick the number provided on this thread.

JAGUAR SUPERCHARGER BELT XJ8 98-99 NCC7740AD $70.95
Captain Jaguar's Cathouse
Yup. Exact one that I bought off of the same seller.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
let us know if you feel your compressor engagement to be smoother with the Jag belt?
I found the S/C engagement smoothed out after I had the ECU done ... As for the new belt - I am just happy I dont have the Dayco on anymore - the Gator style ribs on the Dayco reduce the contact area too much in my opinion... and when I inspected the belt you could see some of the bumps have worn unevenly. The Dayco also shed allot of rubber ... The Roulunds is a continuous rib which to me is much better. The car feels strong on top so I thnk slippage has been reduced quite a bit.

Overall the car feels really strong now (after all the mods done) ... its diffcult to actually believe it could feel this much quicker after being already a quick car.... guess thats what modding is all about !!!

Next - not sure when - mbe when I win the lotto - but Brembo GT brakes, Quaife with 2.82's and think then I will be done! For now I am done with the motor.

Wouldn't it be nice to get full ABC for our cars? - if only we had 2 rear airmatic sensors ... !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
Diggin this up for a minute..

A gates belt# for our application is K080514
and they have an HD model also

K080514 HD Advance auto and Oriellys can order them.

I'm going to order one today and I'll report how it does.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ScottCLS55
Diggin this up for a minute..

A gates belt# for our application is K080514
and they have an HD model also

K080514 HD Advance auto and Oriellys can order them.

I'm going to order one today and I'll report how it does.
bought this belt from Kragen Auto parts

$40+

The HD is on the system but not available. The K080514 is designed according to Kragen's system for the CL55. 5.5 kompressor

I hope it fits. They had to special order and will arrive Wednesday.

I'm feeling the belt slip a bit more and harsh engagement at times. My belt is over 15k miles and well over 1 year old.

I figure $40 to test out a new belt (continuous groove vs gator style) is worth a shot.

drive results probably thursday or Friday..
Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

bought this belt from Kragen Auto parts

$40+

The HD is on the system but not available. The K080514 is designed according to Kragen's system for the CL55. 5.5 kompressor

I hope it fits. They had to special order and will arrive Wednesday.

I'm feeling the belt slip a bit more and harsh engagement at times. My belt is over 15k miles and well over 1 year old.

I figure $40 to test out a new belt (continuous groove vs gator style) is worth a shot.

drive results probably thursday or Friday..
belt fits like a glove.
When I bought my ASP, a belt was not provided. So I bought the Gator style belt.

I would feel jerks from 1st to 2nd in S mode or M mode. In C mode the jerk was almost not there.

At times the car would act like a "hick up" and jerk and power would come in.

Couple of things I completed this week.

1 -- I got rid of my OEM air filters. The were over 15k miles old for sure , even thhough I would clean them every so often, they were ok but probably not healthy for the car. I decided on K&Ns

2-- Switched belt (like in 30 seconds) to the new gates smooth grove or continous grove belt. LIke the one referenced above.

I drove the car with the K&N, the difference in kompressor engagement was smoother. Like the car was breathing normally again. I used S and M modes and it would not jerk.

I installed the belt after my test drive and shifting in M mode or going through the S mode gears was smooth.. very stranger for having an ASP pulley.

I drove the car all day in traffic, freeway, city and no jerking or hick up.

I can tell you the filters made a difference.. but I can also say the belt helped to keep the power more smoothly.

So.. if you have the same symptoms I had.. Kragen had the filtes for $49 each and belt for $40.j

its worth a shot...

also a good way to get your hands dirty... very easy to do.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
Glad it worked for you..

Oriellys has the hd Version. I have been meaning to post how good it was. It fit perfect with my ASP pulley on the CLS. No chirping or slipping yet I just wonder how long it will last. BTW, was your belt Green on the outside? if not I guess that is how you tell it is Heavy duty.

I would not use dayco again the grooves cause slipping and noise. Funny the day I ordered the belt, I met a guy that works for a Automotive belt factory and he sait slipping was the main problem they had to deal with. He said the solid grooves tested way better than groves with slits like the dayco belt.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ScottCLS55
Glad it worked for you..

Oriellys has the hd Version. I have been meaning to post how good it was. It fit perfect with my ASP pulley on the CLS. No chirping or slipping yet I just wonder how long it will last. BTW, was your belt Green on the outside? if not I guess that is how you tell it is Heavy duty.

I would not use dayco again the grooves cause slipping and noise. Funny the day I ordered the belt, I met a guy that works for a Automotive belt factory and he sait slipping was the main problem they had to deal with. He said the solid grooves tested way better than groves with slits like the dayco belt.
no green on mine.

If figured the specs are the same.. but probably the material is a bit different.

I'll try the HD on my next belt.. which I plan to swap around at least once a year.

lessons learned!
I drove my car with stock HE for 1 year..
I drove my car with a sub par belt

The good thing we can help others avoid it.