Sponsored by:

**Project SL55**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Sounds like you are building a real beast. We should meet up at some point and line our beast up against one another. I have always been a fan of the SL and would be curious to see just how fast a mdded one is?
I would love to! That souds like a great idea!

When I had my E, which wasn't as fast as yours but, I raced a few SLs, and I won each time. Then again, they weren't modded. Let's see how this will turn out!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion

You're kidding, right?
He's def kidding.....haha....wouldn't it be great though if it did???
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Sunny55
Theres an SL65 or 2 that have hit the 10 second mark...but they'e 65's lol.

Dude, you have a beast either way. I like the sound of blacked out gills and grill...its gonna be a mean car bro.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230k '05
yeah im just kidding
Old 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Theres an SL65 or 2 that have hit the 10 second mark...but they'e 65's lol.

Dude, you have a beast either way. I like the sound of blacked out gills and grill...its gonna be a mean car bro.
Thanks. I like the Darth Vader look. We should def meet up when the car is finished....

Wheels won't be here for another 2 weeks...sigh...every car I have had, i think the worst part is waiting for 3-pce wheels....

Everyone agree?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Going to check on the car again today. Hopefully it'll be ready soon!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Going to check on the car again today. Hopefully it'll be ready soon!
Hopefully you can make it to Etown tomorrow night.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:49 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Folks are in town on a surprise visit, well in Long Island, and i'm here visiting them for their anniversary. It's great seeing them, but that means I can't go to the shop to pick up my SL55 until Tuesday!

Anyway, good luck to everyone who went to Englishtown! I'll keep you guys posted early next week! Pce....
Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Update

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't updated you guys, but I was super busy and the weather was dreadful the past couple of days. Well, I finally got her back Wednesday!!!

She sounds exactly how I imagined. A true German muscle car. The rumbling gave me goosebumps. Under acceleration and WOT, it sounds absolutely monstrous. Like I said, the weather has been pretty horrendous so I really didn't push my baby to the limit....YET....Haven't really tested the LSD or brakes and of course how fast she goes....haha...But let me tell you this guys...She is hella torquey now, so much more than before!

The weather is getting better now, so I will take some pics later and post them. Too bad the wheels aren't here yet. The 65 bumper looks so bada$$. I am meeting up with Cylinder Head later on tonight and I'm gonna let him drive my beast, and hopefully we can find somewhere to do some comparisons with his M5.

I'll give you guys a full write up of everything ASAP
Old 10-12-2007, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't updated you guys, but I was super busy and the weather was dreadful the past couple of days. Well, I finally got her back Wednesday!!!

She sounds exactly how I imagined. A true German muscle car. The rumbling gave me goosebumps. Under acceleration and WOT, it sounds absolutely monstrous. Like I said, the weather has been pretty horrendous so I really didn't push my baby to the limit....YET....Haven't really tested the LSD or brakes and of course how fast she goes....haha...But let me tell you this guys...She is hella torquey now, so much more than before!

The weather is getting better now, so I will take some pics later and post them. Too bad the wheels aren't here yet. The 65 bumper looks so bada$$. I am meeting up with Cylinder Head later on tonight and I'm gonna let him drive my beast, and hopefully we can find somewhere to do some comparisons with his M5.

HA...nice!!!! can I join as well...been a while I see cylinder Head- Skyler, lol! Make it late since I have school tonight...
Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
get that baby to the track...i'm betting on 11.6's with a decent launch.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Hi guys,

SICK! Congrats bro. I'm down to meet up anytime. I'm gonna be in Jersey tonight (I think I'm goin to E-town). Peace
Old 10-14-2007, 11:53 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Update

I'm posting pics n vids of me n CH running on the highway, also with a LP640 on a new thread.

Update on my car. Runs great as you will have to see the vids but, had to take SL65 bumper off and put back stock SL55 bumper on for the moment. Something with the brakets and clips weren't on 100% correctly. Fitment was wierd and I wanted it done close to perfect as possible, so I'm going back sometime next week to get that done. Sigh...wheels aren't here yet.

Go to my new thread!

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/214034-sl55-amg-vs-bmw-m5-vs-lp640.html

Check it out!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:56 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
I'm posting pics n vids of me n CH running on the highway, also with a LP640 on a new thread.

Update on my car. Runs great as you will have to see the vids but, had to take SL65 bumper off and put back stock SL55 bumper on for the moment. Something with the brakets and clips weren't on 100% correctly. Fitment was wierd and I wanted it done close to perfect as possible, so I'm going back sometime next week to get that done. Sigh...wheels aren't here yet.

Go to my new thread!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214034

Check it out!

Like I said on the other thread....hurry the f&%k up.....j/k again
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by SteveFox
Like I said on the other thread....hurry the f&%k up.....j/k again
Lol...It's done! Go check it out!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Update

SL65 bumper finally on, for the last and final time. Fitment was a pain and all the little parts that we had to order. It wasn't perfect the first time, and the guys at Broadway Performance worked super hard to get the fitment as perfect as possible this time. Thanks to John and his crew and Broadway for their hard work.

The factory SL65 AMG look really sets off this car now, especailly in black. The pictures do not do it justice. CH was driving in front of me and I could see him staring into his rearview mirror and side mirrors the whole time. After we parked he told me it looked so mean.

I'm in love with this bumper. I really think it retains the factory look, but makes it that much more aggressive. I didn't want to go to wild with the exterior and I'm so happy I made this choice. It's so sexy and classy.

I posted pics in the SL55 forum. The following is the link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...01#post2465701