Lowered my car via Star Diagnostics: help w/ uneven ride heights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
997C2S
Lowered my car via Star Diagnostics: help w/ uneven ride heights

Hey guys,

I had my dealer lower my E55 via Star Diagnostics and now the ride heights are off from the left side to the right side.

Both the front and rear of my car on the right side are at least 0.5" higher than the left side. I plan to take it back on Monday to have them readjust the ride height on the right side, since the left side is perfect for my taste.

Is it easy for the tech to simply lower both right corners a half inch or will this affect the left side?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that the rears cannot be adjusted independently. Is this true? If so, how can I make both rear corners even?

Thanks for your help guys.

Tony
Old 09-28-2007, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
Let the electronics settle for a day or two and see if it evens up. Raise the car, lower it, drive it, see what happens. Remember to park on a flat and level surface and measure with the car idling, door closed - to reproduce real life.
Most cars are not level when measured carefully. To get it level, I understand, takes a fair bit of fiddling/time.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TonyJ89117
Also, I thought I read somewhere that the rears cannot be adjusted independently. Is this true? If so, how can I make both rear corners even?
All can be adjusted individually.

I suggest deflate the rear completely on a perfectly level surface and inflate the rear in unison via STAR in the airmatic section.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
The car may not have been perfectly settled when it was calibrated. It can be adjusted, never fear. Worst case, you blow a shock , but thats a risk we all take by lowering.