Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU tuning - any guarantees out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Satisfaction must be based on something, and usually it is numbers. I think there is a good ball park of numbers a particular mod should and can aim for. To generalize the outcome on satisfaction alone is not going to cut it with an educated consumer. Numbers are the selling points whether it is dollars, mph, hp, or size.
So a satisfied customer is the one who gets what he is promissed. A promise has to be based on something tangible, not simply satisfaction itself.

Originally Posted by vrus
Guarantees on power output are a tough thing to give...

About the only thing a reputable tuner/shop can guarantee you is your satisfaction or your money back.. That's about as much as you can ask for from anyone. Since all cars respond differently to the same mods, its tough to know what you are going to get out of it until its done..
Old 11-25-2007, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
Satisfaction must be based on something, and usually it is numbers. I think there is a good ball park of numbers a particular mod should and can aim for. To generalize the outcome on satisfaction alone is not going to cut it with an educated consumer. Numbers are the selling points whether it is dollars, mph, hp, or size.
So a satisfied customer is the one who gets what he is promissed. A promise has to be based on something tangible, not simply satisfaction itself.
+1 I agree 100%

There has to be some kind of minimum hp gain that can be safely claimed after a specific mod. And why is there such a variation in behavior anyways? Aren't these engines built to be almost identical? I would think the variation would be very minimal but it is not
Old 11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I do understand your point.. and I agree with your statements.. I was being very general with my statements.

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB