Sponsored by:

Oil Change DIY for E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
I got a very specific answer from AMG on the PL for the E63. The front plug in the shallow aluminum pan should not be touched. They also recomended doing a drain rather than pumping through the dip stick.

Dear bjecsc,

Thank you very much for your post.

The drain plug at the front of your E 63 AMG engine is not convenient for draining the oil. Following the service instructions on the E 63 AMG, only the drain plug in the oil pan at the back of the engine is appropriate for draining the oil. Extracting through the dip stick is not possible either. A nearly complete emptying is guaranteed while your engine is at operating state temperature. A possible remaining quantity in the front area is negligible.

We hope this information finds you helpful.

Best regards,
AMG Private Lounge Team
In fact I tried and could not budge it and stopped trying when I was starting to deform the bolt head.

The rear drain plug on the main pan has a copper washer that should be replaced, although I have skipped changing it once.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
The e55 amg plugs are supposed to be replaced. I switched mine out with reusable magnetic drain plugs so i don't have to replace every oil change.