Sponsored by:

Rental Car with service???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Rental Car with service???

I had called to make an appointment to have my car serviced for today. I realized that I would need a rental car to be able to take care of my errands for the day. I called to make sure a car was available. They said that if I hadn't purchased my car from Fletcher Jones in Las Vegas they couldn't give me a loaner.

This is BS. I purchased my car from Fletcher Jones in Laguna and I believe that should still entitle me to a loaner for the day. The service center could have a different owner of course but I think that is bad customer service.

Am I the only one bothered or affected by this?

Last edited by Roseylv; 10-18-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Actually, did you tell them that? They should have honored it. Many dealers are having to use that as cost cutting measures. Hoehn over here has a new policy where you only get an MB Loaner (C240) if you bought from them. If not, you get a Camry (which I like better). Others have said that they no longer get loaners.

MBSD FTW. Very high class, but also retail pricing.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:09 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Yes, I told them where I had originally purchased the car. They didn't even flinch. They were rude about it and it pissed me off

I too, would not mind a camery for a day as long as it gets me from A + B. Plus, I would appreciate my car that much more when I get it back.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
I didn't buy either of my Mercedes from our dealer here. When I bought my GL450, they were in short supply and my local dealer couldn't get what I wanted. The salesperson told me they only provided loaners to people they sell to as policy.

This dealer has always given me a loaner anyway and it has always been a Mercedes C230. The next time I buy a new Mercedes, I will buy from our local dealer if possible.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:00 AM

W203 C230k '05
Well I never bought my car from their dealership and they still give me a Mercedes Loaner. I bought my car used at a Mitsubishi Dealership here in Las Vegas. Well you know you get free car wash right, well during the winter I came back 3 times for a car wash and they said the water is frozen so car wash dont work. Then the 4th time I came back I complained because water and Frozen so they gave me one of their blue sticker. I guess thats how they recognize their cars with the blue sticker. And then when I get my car service I go by my self I remember my first service they asked me if bought my car from them and I said yes.

After that i got the best treatment. My service Advisor is Brian Sullivan his a great guy. Hooked me up with the new Smart key for free well it was on the warranty. Well he is a great guy
Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Same here... I understand the reasoning behind it... but I still think it's a major lack of customer service. Didn't have that issue with Audi, unless they changed their policy too.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:14 AM

W203 C230k '05
Well I dont know never had a problem with them, I guess Im just to easily pleased
Old 10-19-2007, 03:03 AM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Are you guys going to service center on Sunset or the Fletcher Jones dealer. I have been going to service center for the past 6 years and have not been impressed. I should consider going to the actual dealership instead of the small service center. I might get better results.

FYI, i used to have a black c32 and upon having them give me a free wash after a service, they swirl marked the **** out it. Almost as if someone dropped a wash mitt and picked up a bunch of debris.

I never have them wash my car, but that is just my .02 cents
Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 AM

W203 C230k '05
we go to the dealership its closer to my house.

thats why the car wash is free
Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
I agree that not providing a loaner is terrible customer service. That is the reason that I will have to agree with most consumer reports that Lexus has excellent customer service. I would always service my Lexus at my local dealership, but I actually bought it at another since that was the nearest location that I was able to source the vehicle that I wanted. From the first day that I took it in to my local dealership, they never once asked where I bought it. I always got a loaner and if one wasn't available then I would get picked up by Enterprise and they would put me up in a rental. That's just the tip of the iceberg for the outstanding service that Lexus has always provided me.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 PM

W203 C230k '05
yeah true my aunt drives a Lexus and she never had complaints about their product and costumer service Plus you can drive their Loaner anywere you want to she. She always go to Las Vegas every time she would get a Loaner
Old 10-19-2007, 03:08 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Call them back and ask if a customer survey is going to be included with your invoice of service. Then tell the service manager that you will be unable to rank them as excellent with the JD Power survey due to their attitude and unwillingness to accomodate an existing customer! Let's see what happens!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
MB Laguna Niguel gave me a loaner when I brought my C32 in that wasnt purchased from them. Im not sure if their policy is still the same, but their loan car availability is top notch
Old 10-21-2007, 04:03 AM

w212 E63 / 996tt
I honestly just didn't show up to my appointment and will make another one with the only other service center around town.

I have not been pleased with my service ever since I had my C and on that note, I deserve to be heard. I'm in the customer service industry and I can honestly say that if don't hear about a problem when it arrives there is no way to correct it!

thanks for the suggestion ENDSMTG
Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I bought my E55 used from a Virginia dealer. My local Orlando dealer never even mentioned it. I always have a loaner or rental when I bring it into their place.

I did try to buy from them, but they couldn't locate a used E55 wagon. It's not like there are tons of them sitting on lots.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by tscales
I bought my E55 used from a Virginia dealer. My local Orlando dealer never even mentioned it. I always have a loaner or rental when I bring it into their place.

I did try to buy from them, but they couldn't locate a used E55 wagon. It's not like there are tons of them sitting on lots.
If it were a dealer in southern Virginia it's good that you take it elsewhere. I used to own a CLK430 that I took to Phillips Mercedes in Virginia Beach, I always received a loaner. A couple of months ago I went in to purchase an E63 when the lease on my Audi was up and after I found the dealer was trying to screw me I took my business elsewhere, at that time they told me that I am not "guaranteed" a loaner if I don't buy from them. The service definitely helps the decision but at a $400 per month premium I decided to take a chance in South Carolina. Decide to take it in for service and they tell me I will never get a loaner, I call the other local dealer Tysinger and they tell me there is a $400 dollar lifetime loaner "package" you must buy to get a loaner.

In the end I decide to bring my car to HBL in DC because although the drive is longer I always get a nice loaner and it's done when they say it will be, no questions asked.

I actually wrote Phillips regarding my disappointment because I had a good relationship with them and my CLK430 had almost 25k of warranty work done while I owned it (some good stories). In the end I received a letter not addressing my concerns but rather pointing out that they sent me a letter last year telling me about the change. It seems the bottom line in hurting since the Phillips family is only making money hand over foot, they stopping raking in in as well .
Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
I purchased my car in Beverly Hills and I have it serviced at Fletcher Jones in Fremont, CA. When I met my SA for the 1st time, he did not flinch in offering me a free rental car for the duration of my service. I have gotten a loaner car every time I've taken it to Fletcher Jones...they even get me a Mercedes whenever available.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
i just droped my used cl off on thursday and picked up a loaner, never told me about any rental fee's, just keeys and sign here, and i was off.

gave me a c230, its ok, fun kinda.

anyone know if they'll notice it missing a First aid kit lol

ALi
Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
I didn't purchase my car in Palm Beach but they always offer a loaner when I take it in for service. For a small fee I can take a C class car or for FREE I can get a Kia. Last time I took the Kia and drove it for two days. Certainly not an AMG but not bad either. A lot better than nothing.

Also, I must say that there was a noticable difference in my last service experience compared to previous visits. This time,nobody seemed rushed or in a hurry. They took my car as soon as I arrived and I got it back when they said I would. Cost is another subject but it's the price you pay for enjoying an AMG.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
95 C36
Took my car in which I bought at another dealership far far away Thurs for the infamous chirp/jerk, they gave me a C280 4matic with no questions asked. Still have it, don't mind racking the miles on it either, however it only had a 1/4 tank when they gave it to me.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by Roseylv
They said that if I hadn't purchased my car from Fletcher Jones in Las Vegas they couldn't give me a loaner.

This is BS. I purchased my car from Fletcher Jones in Laguna and I believe that should still entitle me to a loaner for the day. The service center could have a different owner of course but I think that is bad customer service.

Am I the only one bothered or affected by this?
HBL in Tyson's corner VA ALWAYS gives me a free rental for any service I need. I've never had a problem and I didn't buy the car there and they never asked me a question like that
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Just an update on my end....

I have changed service centers although my previous center was run by the same family, Fletcher Jones!

My Service Associate noted all of my issues and before I can even note that I would need a rental, SHE OFFERED. Now that was a relief. Go figure, they were providing what is called good customer service.

Now I will for sure, send a note of complaint in regards to my old SA

Thanks to Fletcher Jones plan B

And who mentioned a first aid kit, I'm kind of running low on Band-Aids
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Glad to hear you solved the problem (which shouldn't be). Funny how they balk at giving you a loaner but are sure willing to take your money when you pick up your vehicle. Some dealers have the attitude that their s**t doesn't stink and if you don't like what they do, screw you. Wonder how or when MB will start to realize people like to be treated with respect?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
do they notice if teh cd changer magazine is missing,....... just curious, i feel like an ***

oh well

ALi