Sponsored by:

Day 2 with Veloce ECU..morning fun.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
Day 2 with Veloce ECU..morning fun.

Well, what can I say... just had some fun with new M5 (dont know if it was mod, but it did have a exhaust, loud) Light to light runs.
run 1.... He launch out of the hole quicker than me. but once I got traction. My wagon pull hard on him. 0-80 1/2 - 1 car length ahead.
run 2.... Second set of light... we both launch evenly.... here is the kicker. 0-80 again. 1-1/2 - 2 car length ahead.

thumb up. he turn his way and I went my way....

Again Veloce ....

What I notice different now...
again this is from butt dyno... I have a schedule dyno for next week.
1. the thottle response is quicker.. almost like a sprintbooster. but not as touchy. very drivable.
2. the Charger seem to come on on lower RPM I feel it around 1600.
3. the Charger is still pulling after 5500k rpm and it pull till 6500k strong. I think redline might be increase. driving too fast to notices.
4. the charger is not jerky anymore. it very smooth.

again this is what I feel so far.
And I like it so far...
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
sounds great, let me guess no before and after dyno?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:55 AM

2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
Awesome, love seeing a wag kill an m5.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by E55JAY
Hm......
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 PM

Baseline Dyno.... 416/459 Rwhp

schedule to dyno again. next weekend.
Stay tune...... for result.

Last edited by 55wagon; 10-24-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
from my experience the M5 should never be close to the 55 on launch. From a dig a 55 should murder an M5. From a roll the two cars should be close. M5 you ran had LC? Hopefully you dynoed the car prior to the tune?

Wagon is the best,

edit : Great we have a baseline
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
The other thing everyone needs to take into account this time of the yr it is colder out! my car is so much faster this time of yr. we all know a ecu tune only gives it alittle more hp and all the things the poster mentioned, but take into acct the weather our SC'd engines love this coooooool weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this time of yr w/ ecu plus cool weather you would think you gained a crap load of hp but wait ti'll it warms up a ecu tune only will struggle.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by 55wagon
run 1.... He launch out of the hole quicker than me. but once I got traction. My wagon pull hard on him. 0-80 1/2 - 1 car length ahead.

My stock E55 does the same. Him getting you on any launch is the problem.

run 2.... Second set of light... we both launch evenly.... here is the kicker. 0-80 again. 1-1/2 - 2 car length ahead.

If all you get off an M5 at te bottom end is 1 - 2 lengths, then you will get SPANKED at anything above that.

Again Veloce ....

What I notice different now...
again this is from butt dyno... I have a schedule dyno for next week.

1. the thottle response is quicker.. almost like a sprintbooster. but not as touchy. very drivable.

Have you tried the "new" Sprintbooster? The exact same programming can be done by ECU, but i like having a thing that I can pllug and un-plug in less than 5 minutes, PLUS it cost $250.

2. the Charger seem to come on on lower RPM I feel it around 1600.

Pretty sure mine kicks in at about 1200 RPM. If they have proof that they can shift the times the clutch hits, then they should demonstrate it.

3. the Charger is still pulling after 5500k rpm and it pull till 6500k strong. I think redline might be increase. driving too fast to notices.

Nope. Mine has done that since 1000 miles (that is when I redlined it). I go to redline on every race shift. I just leave it manual and floor it. The SC NEVER shuts down, it just simply can not PUSH enough air past itself.

4. the charger is not jerky anymore. it very smooth.

That would be a subjective thing that I would have to see. The ONLY time I would even consider any mod that would make the SC smoother, I'd want proof that no performance was lost. The car is what it is because it is a beast that is always ready to JUMP. If that goes away, then why not just get an E550?

again this is what I feel so far.
And I like it so far...

I'm calling more and more BS on this as it goes on. Why? Because the truth seems to be voided and the "image" is still trying to be skewed. Had the truth come out when Jrock started his questions, we may have embraced them as an enthusiast shop. BUT, for anyone to take their car to a shop that "claims" to be fully capable when they are not is like a lie to me. Heck, many of us (including JRock) have little projects going on the side, but you don't see us stepping up and claiming to be the authority in something that we have spent all of a year or so on. I've been dealing with what I think is improper actions by Creative Autoworks. I was actually becomming friends with james, but it was this exact same concern that finally broke that relationship.

Does MBWorld not monitor their Sponsors in any way? Some forums take the reputation of the sponsors very seriously and will not allow them to be sponsors if the members have had enough concerns. The money they pay to advertise does pay the bills, but you also want to maintain the integrity of your forum.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 PM

Look Guys... I dont work for Veloce...
I am only saying what I feel... You guy know the 55k better than me..
but until I can get the after ECU dyno I will know the gains. if it only gave me 15hp that great, because I feel it faster. but if the dyno gave a 40hp+ gain. that would be a WOW, you guys should really look into this.... but until then.... please dont step on me.....I do have a baseline dyno..

Originally Posted by jangy
I'm calling more and more BS on this as it goes on. Why? Because the truth seems to be voided and the "image" is still trying to be skewed. Had the truth come out when Jrock started his questions, we may have embraced them as an enthusiast shop. BUT, for anyone to take their car to a shop that "claims" to be fully capable when they are not is like a lie to me. Heck, many of us (including JRock) have little projects going on the side, but you don't see us stepping up and claiming to be the authority in something that we have spent all of a year or so on. I've been dealing with what I think is improper actions by Creative Autoworks. I was actually becomming friends with james, but it was this exact same concern that finally broke that relationship.

Does MBWorld not monitor their Sponsors in any way? Some forums take the reputation of the sponsors very seriously and will not allow them to be sponsors if the members have had enough concerns. The money they pay to advertise does pay the bills, but you also want to maintain the integrity of your forum.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:51 PM

You name it i've had it or got it...
well if you read it correctly...yes. he used his butt dyno before and after.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
What were your baseline numbers 55?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
well if you read it correctly...yes. he used his butt dyno before and after.

Butt Dyno is a postive .

real dyno numbers will be next week.
and my real baseline dyno is 416/459 rwhp.

I hope it claims to what it is.... or I have just spent too much on it. and could have gotten ECU tune from all other tuner for less $$.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
What were your baseline numbers 55?
Highest Baseline 416hp / 459tq
10%-12% hum
79-80 degree

lower baseline 413/449
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
The other thing everyone needs to take into account this time of the yr it is colder out! my car is so much faster this time of yr. we all know a ecu tune only gives it alittle more hp and all the things the poster mentioned, but take into acct the weather our SC'd engines love this coooooool weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this time of yr w/ ecu plus cool weather you would think you gained a crap load of hp but wait ti'll it warms up a ecu tune only will struggle.

Well, good thing San Francisco. hardly, Hardly goes over 80 degrees. maybe 5-10 times a years...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Cooler weather
True, that plus some extra hp from the flash, PLUS the X factor of total reset of ECU settings. Bet it's running like crazy!!

You guys would just be shocked if you disconnected your battery for one night. Whenever I get my car back from a flash it literally runs like it possessed. When I let off the throttle on hard accel, I hear the TB just SLAM shut violently. Everyone always preaches, "It gets better with a few hundred miles", but I have never had that happen. Always gets worse with a few hundred for me. Unless I lived on Laguna Seca Street, I can't imagine anyone really "driving it like they stole it" for 100 hundred miles straight.

Can't wait to finally get some numbers on Veloce. Been some pretty large claims made and we finally will get some before and after dyno #s.

Post um up when you get um Wagon, good, bad or same.....please.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:09 PM

You name it i've had it or got it...
yes that is my same dilemna...i will buy their product if it lives up to the claims. i would actually buy a few...but until i get some concrete results...i will sit on the fence. i can't justify the extra money spent on claims....
Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
True, that plus some extra hp from the flash, PLUS the X factor of total reset of ECU settings. Bet it's running like crazy!!

You guys would just be shocked if you disconnected your battery for one night. Whenever I get my car back from a flash it literally runs like it possessed. When I let off the throttle on hard accel, I hear the TB just SLAM shut violently. Everyone always preaches, "It gets better with a few hundred miles", but I have never had that happen. Always gets worse with a few hundred for me. Unless I lived on Laguna Seca Street, I can't imagine anyone really "driving it like they stole it" for 100 hundred miles straight.

Can't wait to finally get some numbers on Veloce. Been some pretty large claims made and we finally will get some before and after dyno #s.

I will.... that what I have been say along.....be patients. I will have the answer.

The main reason why I am interested in doing Veloce, is because of the claims. If I can get the HP from ECU, Why mess with a pulley. I am not looking to get the warranty void. I can just flash back if I(knock on wood) blow up the motor. Also I dont need to have the fastest E55 out there. just something more than stock without doing alot of stuff.

You can see that I have Audi S4 Stage3. I drop too much $$ and time into it. Yes it fast, faster than my stock 55. and handle like a dream. I just dont want my 55 to be like my S4, going st1 than 2 then 3.... then car down for months just tuning it...... I am done with all that....

my other 2 car Q7 and CayTT is waiting patiently for the answer... if the claim is true... I will be also doing ECU to both of them.....

Last edited by 55wagon; 10-24-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
yes that is my same dilemna...i will buy their product if it lives up to the claims. i would actually buy a few...but until i get some concrete results...i will sit on the fence. i can't justify the extra money spent on claims....
wow.....nice collections of cars.....
Old 10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
awesome u got a baseline, for your sake make sure you dyno on the exact same machine if you want comparative results. My comment came from every car from Veloce seems not to have done a dyno yet claim this wild before and after performance claim. It was not a shot at u more so to the tuners to give us more data, they should demand u do a before and after and go so far as setting it up for you in my opinion.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:59 PM

awesome u got a baseline, for your sake make sure you dyno on the exact same machine if you want comparative results. My comment came from every car from Veloce seems not to have done a dyno yet claim this wild before and after performance claim. It was not a shot at u more so to the tuners to give us more data, they should demand u do a before and after and go so far as setting it up for you in my opinion.
totally agree.... my mistake with my Audi S4 is not having a baseline. I knew and felt every stage is faster. but I never had a real HP numbers, to compare the the tuner claims.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Nice. Waiting to see the dyno comparison.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by 55wagon
... If I can get the HP from ECU, Why mess with a pulley. I am not looking to get the warranty void. I can just flash back if I(knock on wood) blow up the motor. .....
You will get accustomed to the power of the flash and then you will need the pulley. Power and speed are like drugs.

As Jay mentioned make sure you use the same dyno, same operator if possible.

If you blow up the engine, I bet there is a black box that will store some data and will give you away.

I would think there's more room for error on a flash than on a pulley (with apologies to Jangy).
Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

this is true! most ecu's go into cruis'n around mode cause most people(except me) drive like normal law abiding citz. its when you either get it out on track or reset it and drive it hard right after when you get the best performance out of the motor. its pretty cool.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:41 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by jangy
I'm calling more and more BS on this as it goes on. Why? Because the truth seems to be voided and the "image" is still trying to be skewed. Had the truth come out when Jrock started his questions, we may have embraced them as an enthusiast shop. BUT, for anyone to take their car to a shop that "claims" to be fully capable when they are not is like a lie to me.

+1 (what he said)

Best,

RoydRage
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
55 Wagon, thanks for being one of the first here to try out a newer product and report back to all of us with before and after numbers. Many people do not make that effort and then report. Some jabs thrown here your way are out of line, but rest assured that there are plenty of us here that are waiting for your further report and numbers.

Keep us posted, and thanks again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Day 2 with Veloce ECU..morning fun.