W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Loving the cold weather!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007 | 11:30 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 E55
Loving the cold weather!

Ive had previous cars that of course ran better in the cooler weather, ITR and an M3, but this slightly above freezing weather we have had in the morning these past few days have completely woken up the E55.

She sounds deeper and meaner under partial acceleration and in general just feels like a much more "awake" car then she did during the hot summer days.

Heated seats + cold mornings = one happy e55 winter driver.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Try taking it out in mid winter. Roads were bone dry and I took her out one time last winter at near 0. Car was just spectacular!!!

Like natural NOS.

Only problem was the car had near ZERO hookup. The R compound tires (Toyo RA1's) definintely were not intended for road racing in Antarctica.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:10 PM

2004 S55 AMG
You see why all these guys call for cooling mods. See what a couple of degrees can do. My car is a monster in the winter.
Old 10-30-2007 | 02:08 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Pretty Cold Here In Maine

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Try taking it out in mid winter. Roads were bone dry and I took her out one time last winter at near 0. Car was just spectacular!!!

Like natural NOS.

Only problem was the car had near ZERO hookup. The R compound tires (Toyo RA1's) definintely were not intended for road racing in Antarctica.
Hey Jim,

I noticed the RA1's are not hooking up at all when it is 32 degress at WOT but OH MY GOD is it fun. The BEAST really wakes up. We have had freezing weather in Maine for the past week in the mornings and at night.

It is just so much faster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be going on my word, and tracking one more time tomorrow night. Suppose to be in the high 40's with a dew point of 43 degrees. Just not sure how much traction the track will have. Worth an hours drive to try a new PERSONAL BEST on last time..........

take care JIM.........
Old 10-30-2007 | 02:21 PM

Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Hey Jim,

I noticed the RA1's are not hooking up at all when it is 32 degress at WOT but OH MY GOD is it fun. The BEAST really wakes up. We have had freezing weather in Maine for the past week in the mornings and at night.

It is just so much faster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be going on my word, and tracking one more time tomorrow night. Suppose to be in the high 40's with a dew point of 43 degrees. Just not sure how much traction the track will have. Worth an hours drive to try a new PERSONAL BEST on last time..........

take care JIM.........
Where in Maine do you track? (or maybe it isn't in ME) - I'm most likely relocating to ME next year.