Need to know if this is legit...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63 AMG
Need to know if this is legit...

My car has been sitting at Mercedes for 10 days and the part just came in today... Differential Calf, and its the wrong part! is this amazing how they backordered this Amg part and didn't even have one in Germany? what kind of 100k dollar car is this? My Service advisor tells me he needs to drill a hole in the car to fit the part is that not bull****? Tell me if i am crazy...
Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
On an E55 or E63? You just need to document things. MB has been lemoning the crap out of their cars (2 to me), mostly for trannys.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:43 AM

2005 E55
CA lemon laws are MUCH different than say minnesota. To get a lemon in minnesota its near impossible. I was a service wrighter for a while and never saw one! many people deserved it, no one got it.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
On an E55 or E63? You just need to document things. MB has been lemoning the crap out of their cars (2 to me), mostly for trannys.
sig says clk500?
sounds like BS to me - if they didn't have to drill it to remove it why drill it to install it?
I think they ordered the non-AMG part and are covering up. Ask to see the part request then email Germany yourself.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Almost a Member!

E 63 AMG
it is an e63... haven't updated my profile used to have the clk. Anyways you are prob right about not ordering the AMG part correctly. They did not need to drill it to remove it however they did need to drill it to install it. hey said they needed to drill a hole in the part to fit it. Why does this have to be a 2 week thing? Don't get it. If it were AMG and it were so high quality then they should get the part faster and have it readily available to appease their AMG customers rather then telling us that its on backorder and they have to "create the part"
Old 11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by blinkbass23
it is an e63... haven't updated my profile used to have the clk. Anyways you are prob right about not ordering the AMG part correctly. They did not need to drill it to remove it however they did need to drill it to install it. hey said they needed to drill a hole in the part to fit it. Why does this have to be a 2 week thing? Don't get it. If it were AMG and it were so high quality then they should get the part faster and have it readily available to appease their AMG customers rather then telling us that its on backorder and they have to "create the part"
The drilling is true. They did not order the wrong part. MB would never put themselves into that type of liability.
The same thing happened on my '06ML500. The engine and tranny is a one piece in the factory, so no drilling needed. As of now, MB does NOT allow dealers to take the 7g apart. The only components they allow work to be done are is the valve body and software.
My parts were also back ordered. You know why? Because there are a ****load of 7gs out there with issues. Get someone who has an in and see how many of these valve bodies they are buying vs how many trannys.

The lemon law takes the time the car was out of service into account. In Cali, the guide is 30 days within the first 18 months / 18K miles.

Again, just be patient and document everything. If the car trully becomes a lemon, then demand retribution and MB will comply. You MUST play the game. Do not start whinning to the Dealership, since they are out of the loop. The only person to discuss this with is someone in upper management of the dealership.

To the service writer, no disrespect, but SAs are in no way privy to these things. It is protected very well. The decision is in the hands of 1 person. The regional service manager. That person has all say. MBUSA gives him that authority and that is the person who is your adversary. Remember that he is seasoned and knows how to divert your attention.

The SoCal rep for MBUSA was Frank Dingman, but I've heard that they broke OC and SD counties up and that each has its own rep now.