Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Power and Radenergies??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by JamE55
Just have two question please. When's the next Wheel Power Fest? lol And will there be enough pizza's this time? lol
Now that is funny ... 2 pizzas for 60 peeps!!!! Just kidding but they did come up short, maybe they needed the funds for extra rivets?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
oh, my old R10s.... pretty but useless...

and your reasons are very skewed. increase your post count before you try to make a point. I had my wheels on for a total of 2 days. I drove it to the HRE meet where i soon realized that HRE is where i shouldve taken my car to before i even got Radenergie wheels. Pot holes, hmm...look at those pics, what flat part? rachet? explain the portion where you need a allen wrench to remove it? explain why numerous people across the nation have experienced the same issues and if it wasnt for us to notify the internet, they wouldve been doomed like me. This is the exact reason why buyers need to be aware before doing business with Radenergie/Wheelpower. No one owns up to their responsibility. They sell you the product and laugh at you while they take your money. As for why do you hear so much from the SD region, maybe because we tried to support your company by purchasing your product..MULTIPLE purchases. and maybe we have the courage to address problems when need be. We're all educated individuals from successful backgrounds that doesnt take crap from no one. so check your resources before you come on board and make accusations.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vic55
Now that is funny ... 2 pizzas for 60 peeps!!!! Just kidding but they did come up short, maybe they needed the funds for extra rivets?
Rivet toppings. yum

Originally Posted by AMG_Mike
oh, my old R10s.... pretty but useless...
I think the question now is what has WP(radenergies) done ever since this happened or have they actually done anything at all?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 PM

'07 S550 Sil/Gry with 2012 S65 Facelight
Man.... Sorry to hear about all this from you guys.... I actually really like the
R10s..... Guess its time to look for another set.....
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 GLK 350. P1
real car aficionados...

AMG Mike. Oi mate, I like how you define a car aficionado by how many posts they make. Most car people spend more time driving than in front of the monitor reading forums or blogs. As for my loyalty towards Wheel Power I have none but you have to question some of the intentions of the posters in forums. We all know how some people can be irresponsible and negligent towards purchases and blame others for their short comings.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by dbr9tifosi
AMG Mike. Oi mate, I like how you define a car aficionado by how many posts they make. Most car people spend more time driving than in front of the monitor reading forums or blogs. As for my loyalty towards Wheel Power I have none but you have to question some of the intentions of the posters in forums. We all know how some people can be irresponsible and negligent towards purchases and blame others for their short comings.
You sure have changed your tone now.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
First off, the pizza was all gone before we ever showed up!

Second, what is this paranoia you have? Please expand on it some. I don't even have Rads and I started the thread. Anyone who knows me understands that I take customer service seriously, especially if I made the recommendation. The others that are posting either did buy your wheels or were otherwise involved. None have gotten refunds or resolution. What possible conspiracy can you come up with that would have 5 from here alone spend $5K on your product only to be disappointed?

You had a good thing going. The R10 was the hottest look out right now and your single display of lacking customer service will end that. Nobody will buy those wheels as long as these concerns are not at least addressed.

I know it isn't any of my business AND that I have been harsh on the sponsors lately, but is there no criteria other than paying a monthly fee? I can understand having Wheel Power on, since they are "established" (although controversial), but the admin may want to consider a probationary period or a code of conduct for their sponsors so that the Veloces and Creatives of the world are recognized.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jangy
Anyone who knows me understands that I take customer service seriously, especially if I made the recommendation. The others that are posting either did buy your wheels or were otherwise involved.
It was my initial recommendation to Jrocket and AMG_Mike that they get the Radenergie wheels over HRE's after shooting Ali's E55. What the **** do I get in return? A nice slap in the face with the ****tiest customer service around today. I assumed Wheelpower would step up to the plate and take care of these simple issues but no. Instead the mother****ers immediately decided to point the finger at the customer. BTW, way to drag your E55 poster boy Ali under the bus by accusing him of removing the finish on the lips of his wheels. I guess that's how Wheelpower repays people who brings them business?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
It was my initial recommendation to Jrocket and AMG_Mike that they get the Radenergie wheels over HRE's after shooting Ali's E55. What the **** do I get in return? A nice slap in the face with the ****tiest customer service around today. I assumed Wheelpower would step up to the plate and take care of these simple issues but no. Instead the mother****ers immediately decided to point the finger at the customer. BTW, way to drag your E55 poster boy Ali under the bus by accusing him of removing the finish on the lips of his wheels. I guess that's how Wheelpower repays people who brings them business?
Thats how it went.I saw the R10's on Ali's car and decide to get a set for my car.Its been all down hill with WP since then.

I saw 03c4s wheels last weekend.Its the clear coat on the lip that is peeling off.Now his wheels will have to be taken apart and the lips will need to be redone.What a pain in the azz that will be.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63S and 2015 Macan S
I guess I'm not getting radenergie rims
Old 11-21-2007, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Now his wheels will have to be taken apart and the lips will need to be redone.What a pain in the azz that will be.
LOL! I'm not so sure having the wheels disassembled is such a good idea. So far R's wheels have been okay with not losing rivets but once they're apart, all bets are off. Who knows what'll happen since they haven't got a clue on the torque specs to use for reassembly.

What the heck... just bill them by the hour since you're the resident expert now.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Holy *****

After reading this, I know one company I'll NEVER be buying rims from for any car.

Not even my golf cart.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
LOL! I'm not so sure having the wheels disassembled is such a good idea. So far R's wheels have been okay with not losing rivets but once they're apart, all bets are off. Who knows what'll happen since they haven't got a clue on the torque specs to use for reassembly.

What the heck... just bill them by the hour since you're the resident expert now.

LOL!! Poor R checks his rivets EVERYDAY!! Imagine his "american" driving style in San Diego, no less. He'll pop those rivets anyday now.

This is weak. I'm done with giving recommendations to people until I have a guarantee that the vendor is straight up. The issues we are talking about are BEYOND minor. I simply don't get why they wouldn't have taken care of it, rather than try to be aggressive towards the clients (that paid them). Truth is, **** happens. The pre-powdercoated HRE's chipped all the time. Sometimes it was legit and sometimes it was from the socket hitting the finish. It never mattered. HRE ALWAYS took the wheel apart, and redid ALL the parts. Why? Because they already have a client that paid. Does it really matter how the heck the rivets got loose? Friggin lock em down and be on your way.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 PM

I know this thread is over a year old, but I am curios if Wheel Power if took care of everyone.... I just bought a set of r10 and found the center of one of the wheels was not mounted right creating a vibration... I hope I don't have to wait for a couple months to get my one wheel back... what a mickey mouse company...
Old 09-26-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never got to see this thread , but some of the posts in here are absolutely frickin hilarious Vic and JamE55, you guys had me cracking up real good
Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 PM

I bought a set of Radenergie R10 with PS2 tires from GMP Performance in August. As soon as I put the wheels on my car I noticed a vibration. I sent the wheels back to GMP Performance in August and now two months later I have not seen a a refund or my wheels have not been fixed. I don't even know what to do now.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
how did u pay?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 PM

I used a Discover Card, but since I did not have an RMA number and the Sales Order states no returns on mounted wheels Discover Card said I don't have a case.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by hbr
how did u pay?
+1

If you used a credit card, file that dispute pronto. Visa/MC/Amex/whatever will go get your money back for you.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Time to have a board member stop by on your behalf?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 PM

I am considering hiring an attorney and or filing a complaint with the attorney general of North Carolina, but I am afraid the retainer for this kind of case would cost me more than the wheels itself. I sincerely appreciate the idea of having a board member stop in my behalf, but I am not sure if that will really get anything done any faster.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:48 AM

E63
I got linked to this thread from another forum and felt the need to chime in.

Radenergie in German roughly translates to wheel power (rad=wheel, energie=power). These wheels might have a German sounding name and say GmbH on them, but the company is most definitely owned by Wheel Power Inc. and has no European background. The wheels are low quality, often copied designs, and made cheaply in China or Taiwan. Wheel Power has used deceptive business tactics to try and fool people into thinking they are buying a quality product.
To all those that have been cheated, good luck and I hope you get your money back. These kind of business practices are highly unethical, but unfortunately very common. In the future, check the pedigree of the products you buy if you want an assurance of quality.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:39 PM

1995 Autowave Acura NSX-T Turbo
Originally Posted by GOB_Bluth
I got linked to this thread from another forum and felt the need to chime in.

Radenergie in German roughly translates to wheel power (rad=wheel, energie=power). These wheels might have a German sounding name and say GmbH on them, but the company is most definitely owned by Wheel Power Inc. and has no European background. The wheels are low quality, often copied designs, and made cheaply in China or Taiwan. Wheel Power has used deceptive business tactics to try and fool people into thinking they are buying a quality product.
To all those that have been cheated, good luck and I hope you get your money back. These kind of business practices are highly unethical, but unfortunately very common. In the future, check the pedigree of the products you buy if you want an assurance of quality.
Hi guy's I'm thinking of getting a set of R10's for my NSX but I'm at a loss of what to do, interesting story developing here about these "Radenergies"

http://www.mfestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5926

Are the similar venaci's better? Since they are JAWA approved..Still waiting on Radenergie's answer? I want to get a set on my NSX.

I asked NSX prime but those fella's are a bit lost there. They'd rather go with monoblock designs.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:53 PM

E63, S550
After reading threads about R10s having loose rivets I decided to go with the VIP Modular VR05 rims. They look very similar and I have not heard any complaints about them.

I've had them for almost a year and absolutely no problems with rivets, clear coat pealing, or anything else.

Contact SonicMS, they are great vendors and highly recommended