Wheel Power and Radenergies??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Wheel Power and Radenergies??

What on earth is going on with one of the hottest wheels right now?It just seems that lots of people have been getting the R10s lately, but that we are having a pretty low customer satisfaction with them. Then, I find out that all these people have been dealing with Wheel Power over the issues. Is Wheel Power the US voice of Radenergie? It was always my "impression" that the wheels were built overseas and that WheelPower only sold them. If that is so, then it would seem that the TQ issue with the rivets is from the manufacturer and not WP. Being the safety issue that it is, you would think it would have been resolved at customer #1. I would NEVER consider those rims out of simple fear (that is likely baseless). It is just that all my friends are having the same issues and they all went through different sources. I wish we would have talked to Ali more before we started buying them, so he could have warned us of the horrid customer service. Are there others of you on here that have had build or finish issues with your Rads?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
I also am experiencing issues with Radenergie wheels.

I noticed yesterday that both rims on the driver side have some chrome coming off the lip. The issue is in different areas around the lip. I find it hard to believe that wheels that cost this much have issues.

It is my understanding that Radenergie wheels have had issues some as dangerous as bolts coming loose and falling off. WTF.

I contacted wheelpower the distributor and they want some pics. It remains to be seen if this problem gets resolved to my satisfaction or else legal action will be pursued.

It is my understanding that members have not been to satisfied with wheelpowers customer service or complete lack off it.

I will keep everyone informed of the outcome.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:21 PM

2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
I wish Wheelpower would offer better customer service. From my resources, and personal conversations with Wheel Power, I've learned that the parts are manufactured over seas but the assembly is in house. I agree that Radenergie wheels are gorgeous. The finish they offer is beautiful. Although they claim the entire rim is forged, the wheel itself is actually very heavy compared to competitors. I had my R10's on for a weekend and noticed the ride on my 2006 S55 became very shaky. I took my car to Mercedes and was soon notified that the rims were missing rivets. We're not just talking about one or two rivets, we're talking about over 20+ rivets from just one rim! If these rims were on my friends or family's car, I would be extremely concerned for their lives and would be even more pissed. After 3 months of arguing with WheelPower, being out almost $6,000 and sitting at home with no wheels (because i sent them back to Wheel Power), I finally get replacement wheels. I was told I would be getting R10s but they shipped me R05. Not exactly what i had in mind but I couldnt wait anymore and didnt want to deal with the horrible service, so i took them regrettingly. Its so sad for someone to pay so much money for a product that provides this kind of service. My outcome was at least decent. I believe having my tuner, Group 5 Motorsports, push and push Wheelpower to resovle this matter greatly helped. Without Group 5, Im sure I would have developed another Ulcer dealing with this. I really hope the 4-5 other people i personally know gets their problems resolved by Wheelpower/Radenergie. It was a expensive lesson, but at least it was a lesson learned.

oh and on top of this, the owner claimed or at least suggested that the rivets fell off because someone knowingly loosened them. Hmmm...I watched the tires get mounted and installed on my car personally. My car is garaged at all times. So if no one else is around, and I'm the only one with access to my car, does that make me the culprit? Yeah, let me loosen my wheels so the next time i drive to a car meet and canyon drive, I can drive off the side of the cliff and live a short 26 year life.

It is what it is, I just hope no one else has to go thru my whole ordeal and if they do experience problems, I hope it is resolved properly.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
This is the reason that I'm not going to take any BS from them after I send the pics.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I have also had horrible service and experience with WP and the Radenergie wheels.I got mine right after AMG Mike got his wheels.Luckily for me I caught the loose bolts and took care of them before I mounted the tires and placed the wheels on my car.Yes they are forged but heavier than most forged wheels.Yes they look great but the fitment offsets for the w211 is horrible for the rears,specially if you want a lowered car.They obviously dont tell you this when you buy them! After hours of disassembling these wheels and lock tighting each and every bolt,I then got he joy of retaking them apart to have the backs machined down 4mm so they would fit the car properly....Now I finally have a set of wheels that Im almost happy with.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Another example:
"Add another one to the list as well, my friend Ali. He has been going back and fourth with Wheel Power regarding the issues he has with his Radenergie wheels on his E55.

All four of his wheels had loose rivets, 30 (yes, THIRTY) total, with one completely falling out. Also, one of his wheels has completely lost all the clear coat on the lip. Wheel Power says it "looks" like the clearcoat was professionally taken off since the entire lip is dull.

Ali spoke with Jason a few days ago with basically no resolution. Jason said the techs checked out his wheels (Ali went to Wheel Power a few days prior) and said the rivets were fine/tight, which is true because Ali had his mechanic tighten them. I doubt anyone in their right mind would drive 100+ miles with 30 loose rivets.

Looks like legal action may need to be taken to get something resolved, I mean this was a saftey issue and all. We will see what happens."
Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I'd like to see Ali's lip and see what the resolution is. I already know R's will be fine. Many wheel companies have issues with finish, but how they handle those issues makes a difference. HRE has been great from all I've heard and what little interaction I've had. I assumed most high end wheels would be like that, but maybe not? I wonder why all of these issues now, right when they have a good thing?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
I didnt get mine from WP, and 2 of my wheels had loose bolts.. Other than that, the wheels have been great, finish is stil flawless..

-Walter
Old 11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
I didnt get mine from WP, and 2 of my wheels had loose bolts.. Other than that, the wheels have been great, finish is stil flawless..

-Walter
I remember warning you about the bolts when you first got your wheels and you told me this exact same thing then.I didnt want to speak for you in this thread but Im glad you spoke up on the bolt issue.Thanks!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 PM

2006 Lexus GS300, 2007 Lexus GS350
Reading this thread makes me feel better about the wheels I chose. They are 2 piece wheels with the face welded to the barrel. No chance of a safety issue.
I have always loved the look of the Radenergie wheels and I am very disappointed to hear about these problems. I can't say I'm really surprised because I have been through four sets of high end wheels and it's rather disappointing they cost so much and keep on costing the longer you own them. Many brands have finish issues and a couple have had structural issues. There's going to come a time where we modders will come to our senses and buy 1 piece cast because they seem to hold up much better and are cheaper. Many companies are starting to make nice looking 1 piece wheels. Some of the models from TSW for example, the Beyern for Bimmers and the Mandrus for Benzes are TSW wheels. They look nice and are almost indestructable. MRR wheels are also very good quality and will last many years without issues. The high end manufacturers better start getting it right, the bandwagon rides only so long before a wheel falls off! Pun intended!

Last edited by platinumsc; 11-16-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Jrocket, big thanks on that heads up...would not have been good if one of those wheels came apart. I would probly have a homicide case on me if they did....

-Walter
Old 11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I was leaning for Radenergies on my 65 and heard about all these stories (a little while back) ... I walked. Plus they weigh a lot too I hear.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:02 PM

2007 E63 AMG
I have Radenergie R10s and quite happy with them. I have friends from the BMW world that have the R10s and never reported any issues. IMO, Radenergie wheels are one of the best in the market. I'm sorry to hear that there have been issues with the R10s. I do agree with the statement that their customer service can be better. But, it's like with most tuning shops.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Vic55
I was leaning for Radenergies on my 65 and heard about all these stories (a little while back) ... I walked. Plus they weigh a lot too I hear.
They weigh as much if not more than the stockers. I love the look on the W211. No doubt about that. I'm not into letting a lack in customer service slide just because they are a shop. This is a service industry and some need to get that point. VIC isn't the only one that walked. They were selling the R10s like hotcakes and now NOTHING. Why not take care of it and enjoy the boom? Either way, I'm done worrying about them after I found out they were so heavy. I was looking for a set of dailys (19s), but I'll keep looking.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by vegastrashed
I have Radenergie R10s and quite happy with them. I have friends from the BMW world that have the R10s and never reported any issues. IMO, Radenergie wheels are one of the best in the market. I'm sorry to hear that there have been issues with the R10s. I do agree with the statement that their customer service can be better. But, it's like with most tuning shops.
I'm glad you haven't had issues. Yes, most of my experience with them is from the BMW folks as well.
Your ride is GORGEOUS!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Besides the fact that a few bolts were loose, the wheels are perfect..I would def buy them again... BTW i have the R5's most of the problems, and most people buy the R10..At the time that i got my wheels, they werent available with the diamond finish, and most people had them. Thats why i went with the R5's..Ive had alot more problems with the numerous HRE's ive owned...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 GLK 350. P1
2 reasons how bolts can "fly" out of rims

Reason 1= you physically tried to take them off. Bolts don't come off rims by themselves. They're racheted on there rather tight.

Reason 2= You have a tendency to hit curbs or potholes with hard impact. To the point they bend or flatten the rims.

Essentially, what you have is alot of people who treat German cars like they're driving American cars, i.e. Cadillac or Suburbans. They throw the car around like they're driving a Chevy Impala and I've seen alot. This just boils down to lack of driving skills and car knowledge. How you drive trickles down to the condition of the car and rims are usually the first sign. I have never seen bolts come flying out of the rims like poltergeist. The only way "30" bolts can come off is by someone delibrately taking them off or during a hard impact. The fact that the most of the complaints originate from San Diego and have the same issue makes me wonder...do I smell a rat!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:46 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Wow... That there is a ballzy first post. Get your flame suit ready b/c you'll need it. I'm not taking sides with either camp.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
I'm glad you haven't had issues. Yes, most of my experience with them is from the BMW folks as well.
Your ride is GORGEOUS!
Thanks, mang. Again, I'm really sorry to hear that some of your friends had problems with the R10s.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by dbr9tifosi
Reason 1= you physically tried to take them off. Bolts don't come off rims by themselves. They're racheted on there rather tight.

Reason 2= You have a tendency to hit curbs or potholes with hard impact. To the point they bend or flatten the rims.

Essentially, what you have is alot of people who treat German cars like they're driving American cars, i.e. Cadillac or Suburbans. They throw the car around like they're driving a Chevy Impala and I've seen alot. This just boils down to lack of driving skills and car knowledge. How you drive trickles down to the condition of the car and rims are usually the first sign. I have never seen bolts come flying out of the rims like poltergeist. The only way "30" bolts can come off is by someone delibrately taking them off or during a hard impact. The fact that the most of the complaints originate from San Diego and have the same issue makes me wonder...do I smell a rat!!!!
Explain to me how the bolts on my wheels were loose before I even mounted up the tires then?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Signs up out of nowhere just for that? WP finally reading this stuff? I hope so!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I love how these Wheelpower/Radenergie guys think they're all slick snooping around multiple forums without addressing any of the issues the customers are having yet there is no hesitation whatsoever to point the finger at the customers who paid over $5k for the 20" wheels. Sounds EXACTLY like the all so familiar treatment they gave us when the bolts came loose on my cousin's wheels. It's pretty sad when a certified letter threatening a lawsuit is the only thing that forced a resolution. They wasted countless hours of my own time in trying to mediate a satisfactory resolution when the resolution was in fact simple.

FYI: Bolts DO come off by themselves when incompetent techs employed by the so called wheel "manufacturer" has to call a customer for torque specs.

The fact that you posted the exact same pointed accusational lip service given to us when the issue was first brought to light is pretty stupid on your part since we remember the crap out of your mouth almost word for word. You're not that slick. Save the excuses for someone dumb enough to buy the crock of **** you guys are trying to sell. In the meantime go buy yourselves a niiiice insurance policy because, judging by the pictures below, it's only a matter of time before it'll be needed. Make sure to read the fine print. Wouldn't want you guys to get screwed for negligence or anything of that nature.

Well on the positive side of the spectrum, I guess one can determine the authenticity of Radenergie wheels by looking for their trademark missing rivets or "professionally" dulled lips.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Essentially, what you have is alot of people who treat German cars like they're driving American cars, i.e. Cadillac or Suburbans. They throw the car around like they're driving a Chevy Impala and I've seen alot. This just boils down to lack of driving skills and car knowledge. How you drive trickles down to the condition of the car and rims are usually the first sign.

Holy COW!!! The pompousness!!

I have never seen bolts come flying out of the rims like poltergeist. The only way "30" bolts can come off is by someone delibrately taking them off or during a hard impact.

Oh yes you have, you just deny it. Enjoy the pics. Now, you can't claim not to know. Now that you (a sponsor) wants to make this personal, we agree with deliberate. The question is deliberate act on who's part?

The fact that the most of the complaints originate from San Diego and have the same issue makes me wonder...do I smell a rat!!!!
I'd hope you smell a rat, since you live in a rat's nest. You may have noticed that ALL OF YOUR SALES of the R10 have been to SD. Go ahead and be honest about your rat bit. What, you think HRE is paying me to attack you? Pppppftt, get a life. I already have HREs and I wish all of my friends had done the same. They sure as heck wouldn't be hearing these excuses now.

Nothing like a weasel to sign up and post "anonymously".
Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Uh, sorry bud, but my bolts were also check, and found loose before mounting the tires! another big thanks to JRocket for the heads up on that!! Also i dont drive my car like an AMerican SUV. I have never even bent a rim! Ive even been pulled over numerous times for dodging potholes. Cop thinking i was drunk...

As for the guys with the lip issues. The finish on my wheels is just as good now as it was when i purchased them, and my car is a daily driver.. Could it be a difference from the Standard paint finish as opposed to the Diamond cut/Cleared finish like i have? Either way, $5-7K rims shouldnt have any issues!

-Walter
Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just have two questions please. When's the next Wheel Power Fest? lol And will there be enough pizza's this time? lol

Last edited by JamE55; 11-20-2007 at 04:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Power and Radenergies??