Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Here ya go Steve.

Kleeman ECU Tune (Cory calls it the latest and greatest..most of you have it)
Kleeman Long Tube Headers, VRP new long tubes to replace them shortly
2.82 SL55 Diff with Kleemann TCU flash. E63 Half Shafts.
VRP Cams and Head port and polish
VRP 80mm TB
VRP Titanium Retainers for Valve Springs
EVOTECH 178?mm pulley, not fluid...solid.
EVOSPORT Plug Wires and Phenolic Spacers
K&N Filters
EVOSPORT Heat Exchanger with Johnson 90 pump running full time while car is on.
VRP Belt Wrap kit. Been messing and messing with it and Ken finally got the sucker to work with my EVOSPORT additional cooling res.

wow! that nice list ? all u need is some SLR intercoolers..

more vids please!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Here ya go Steve.

Kleeman ECU Tune (Cory calls it the latest and greatest..most of you have it)
Kleeman Long Tube Headers, VRP new long tubes to replace them shortly
2.82 SL55 Diff with Kleemann TCU flash. E63 Half Shafts.
VRP Cams and Head port and polish
VRP 80mm TB
VRP Titanium Retainers for Valve Springs
EVOTECH 178?mm pulley, not fluid...solid.
EVOSPORT Plug Wires and Phenolic Spacers
K&N Filters
EVOSPORT Heat Exchanger with Johnson 90 pump running full time while car is on.
VRP Belt Wrap kit. Been messing and messing with it and Ken finally got the sucker to work with my EVOSPORT additional cooling res.
How do you like the new diff? Why did you change to E63 half shafts? I still need to see that video, its blocked at work
Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
My stock E63 half shafts would not fit the new SL diff. I had the old kind that bolt in. 63's are slide-ins. That was 1600 that I wasn't expecting...ouch!

For the first time, I am finally having trouble hooking up with the 2.82s.

Was no big deal when I first installed it. Hooked fine. Now I am officially having trouble.

Bummer too, I wanted to try 3.06's!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
My stock E63 half shafts would not fit the new SL diff. I had the old kind that bolt in. 63's are slide-ins. That was 1600 that I wasn't expecting...ouch!

Was no big deal when I first installed it. Hooked fine. Now I am officially having trouble.

Jim, Mike

Our Evotech "slr" intercooler setup will be ready in mid-jan....we will only build 10

Adam

PS: So far so good on Rocket's car. We are taking her easy, just raise idle on her. Purrrsss like a kitten.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:25 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
The new TOY!!!!!!!!

Jim,

I can't stop laughing watching your videos and seeing how excited you are. You are on the cutting edge man......

Love the new sound out of the cams.......It sounds great and it doesn't sound like those racing boats in idle. I can only imagine, with the sub freezing weather, how friggin fast your new AMG is going to go........

I too am getting ready to pull the trigger on some new toys. Looking at a new pully and new IC for now.........Who knows, maybe you and Vic can talk me into getting those cams.

Have a great time with your new toy and watch out for BLACK ice man.

Roland
Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

well that means you got more power you gotta love that! so when is the dyno session? im curious to see the HP you get and compare it to the HP I get!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by AdamG@EVOtech
Jim, Mike

Our Evotech "slr" intercooler setup will be ready in mid-jan....we will only build 10

Adam

PS: So far so good on Rocket's car. We are taking her easy, just raise idle on her. Purrrsss like a kitten.
What are you sayin here Adam, is jackpro goin SLR coolers? now is a good time for me I have been runnin into that free money again! I just bought another set of rims just cuzz.lol
Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
What are you sayin here Adam, is jackpro goin SLR coolers? now is a good time for me I have been runnin into that free money again! I just bought another set of rims just cuzz.lol
Send a blank check please!! We'll get it rocking !!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
jakpro1, great video and sound. when you do a dyno will you be able to compare to your previous slr cams or to another stock setup? i got my sl out after a long rest because of weather and have to say on a cold day it was very fast and had a big problem with traction. lsd is next.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Jim's previous dyno was with SLR cams..

Originally Posted by theboogers
jakpro1, great video and sound. when you do a dyno will you be able to compare to your previous slr cams or to another stock setup? i got my sl out after a long rest because of weather and have to say on a cold day it was very fast and had a big problem with traction. lsd is next.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
came back just now and first thing .. had your music playing, Jackpro1

each day I like more that IDLE playing

so. is it from 200 cell only or 200 primary + stock secondaries?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Dino... my Italian friend... You too can have that sweet sound by adding those cams.. Very easy, and guess what.. we ship to Europe!

Jim's car has Kleeman headers also, so he has no primary cats on his car.

Originally Posted by dyno
came back just now and first thing .. had your music playing, Jackpro1

each day I like more that IDLE playing

so. is it from 200 cell only or 200 primary + stock secondaries?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus
Dino... my Italian friend... You too can have that sweet sound by adding those cams.. Very easy, and guess what.. we ship to Europe!

yes Adam said they sound crazy! hes gonna up my idle though the other way is to much for me.

Vic ill have a update on the cams this week when i go down there either monday or tuesday!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ohh damn.. I forgot you have the supersprint full system on your car.. It must be crazy loud on yours!!!

Please get video so we can hear it and see it. Want to see how crazy it sounds with free flowing mufflers and race cats..

yes Adam said they sound crazy! hes gonna up my idle though the other way is to much for me.

Vic ill have a update on the cams this week when i go down there either monday or tuesday!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed

Yes, .. I m really struggled

.. jasno.. but what about SECONDARIES ?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Everything else is stock.. only primaries were removed because of Kleemann headers.

We will see some more data because once he dynos the car with the current setup, the next step is he is removing the Kleemann headers and we are going to put the VRP long tube setup on his car.. That will have long tube headers + x-pipe + midsection exhaust with 1 pair of 200cell high flow cats... Then he will redyno again with the new setup...

Originally Posted by dyno
.. jasno.. but what about SECONDARIES ?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG

Give me a call first before you come. I am very busy tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Michael... Did you get a chance to check out the car?

Old 12-17-2007, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Hey Michael... Did you get a chance to check out the car?
sorry Vic im goin for sure on wednessday. I cant wait to hear and feel it. and I will also have your rims off in about 2 weeks.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Well such is life, gotta hurry up and wait.

Dyno guy was just not gonna work me in tonight and now we are supposed to have a couple of snowstorms moving through one after the other.

Will get out just as soon as I can you guys.

Really sorry to V!! I know there are quite a few guys with their fingers on the Paypal button ready to order from you.

I can say without ANY fear. Cams and Heads have been an INCREDIBLE difference in performance in this car. The greatest change since I went K2 from Klee.

Unless my butt dyno is just 100% off, I would bet the bank that you will NOT be disappointed with this combo. Needless to say, I would want dyno proof too, so be patient and I will try to get out just as soon as I can.

For now JUST LOVING MY CAR ALL OVER AGAIN.

Tonight alone, Dinan M3......bloodbath from multiple rolls. Then I turn around to come home and a tricked out Diesel gives it a go on me. HA, he was faster than the M3, but alas he is sitting on the side of the road with his life slowly draining out of his metal body. Ahhh who am I kidding....I killed him dead from multiple rolls. Even from a 10-20mph roll from a stoplight. (he cut around another car and went for it)

Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)

Dyno guy was just not gonna work me in tonight and now we are supposed to have a couple of snowstorms moving through one after the other.

Really sorry to V!! I know there are quite a few guys with their fingers on the Paypal button ready to order from you.

I can say without ANY fear. Cams and Heads have been an INCREDIBLE difference in performance in this car. The greatest change since I went K2 from Klee.

Unless my butt dyno is just 100% off, I would bet the bank that you will NOT be disappointed with this combo. Needless to say, I would want dyno proof too, so be patient and I will try to get out just as soon as I can.

Tonight alone, Dinan M3......bloodbath from multiple rolls. Then I turn around to come home and a tricked out Diesel gives it a go on me. HA, he was faster than the M3, but alas he is sitting on the side of the road with his life slowly draining out of his metal body. Ahhh who am I kidding....I killed him dead from multiple rolls. Even from a 10-20mph roll from a stoplight. (he cut around another car and went for it)

Priceless!!!!! My paypal finger is quivering ! Victor help...
Old 12-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
wow....jus wow...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks Michael.. I'm dying to hear it!

sorry Vic im goin for sure on wednessday. I cant wait to hear and feel it. and I will also have your rims off in about 2 weeks.
Hey Jim,

Dont worry my friend... We are all anxious to see the results but dont go crazy rushing or anything... I know the weather is pretty bad and the last thing I want is for something to happen while you are trying to drive the car in bad weather.. Please be careful and just wait for the roads to clear.

I am so happy that you are having so much fun with the car.. that's what it's all about and that's what makes spending all the money we do worthwhile..

Jon.. It's way too late for you buddy... You're finger gave in long ago... I think you better change your sig too... You've got more than just H/E & cams coming now..

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Priceless!!!!! My paypal finger is quivering ! Victor help...
Sun... It's time to jump into the deep end... Hang onto the silver beast and go for it..

Go down to the shop and have Vadim show you the pullies in person.. We can have a tune put on the car at the same time for you while you wait..

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
wow....jus wow...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!

Victor,

Do you stock these cams in the costa mesa shop? You think the VRP Cams and Head work would compliment my current setup? I believe you're familiar with my setup S8. Let me know.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I have some inventory of cams sitting with my buddy Patrick in Florida.. We didnt have the shop ready at the time the cams were built so instead of shipping everything across the border to me in Canada, he offered to hold onto them for me.

I am going to have the cams shipped over to Cali so they will be there if you want to look at them.

The heads & Cams will benefit your setup.. there is no doubt about that.. The main issue is that your 55 N/A heads have less runner volume and different port designs.. I would drop the cams in first and try that out to see what you pick up.. it should give you a good gain but I dont know if you'll get 30hp because of the restricted heads on the N/A engine.

Let me know if you want a set because we only have 3 sets left from what I remember.

Originally Posted by JamE55
Victor,

Do you stock these cams in the costa mesa shop? You think the VRP Cams and Head work would compliment my current setup? I believe you're familiar with my setup S8. Let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Stage 2 Heads Buildup ***