W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG ETR Gets Revenge!! (ASR M5 vs Renntech E55)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German
AMG ETR Gets Revenge!! (ASR M5 vs Renntech E55)

anybody here ?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=108324
Old 12-02-2007, 11:50 PM

2005 Mercedes G55 AMG
Doesn't that m5 have NOS???
Old 12-03-2007, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
We made a bunch of runs, most of which were cut short by traffic, but got one good clear run in the end and from 40mph-140mph

Pretty much any one of our cars after "a bunch of runs" is gonna be up for the kill.
Heat will always be the achilles heel of the 55.

Sounded like a pretty good match up anyway.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
That M5 was running a 150 shot of nitrous. The E55 was not.

No $%it sherlock, of course the guy with NOS is guna pull on the guy without, regardless of what other mods the cars have.

I really don't think that is even close to a fair comparison.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Maybe I am alone in this sentiment, but I have always considered running nitrous to be "cheating".

Any idiot with a fart-can civic and $300 can stick a kit in and have a fast car on NOS, at least until something breaks.

I don't consider that to be in the same league as legitimate modifications, and I think it kind of defeats the point of spending $$$$ on an M5 or an E55 in the first place.

If that's the goal, then go drop $15k on a beater supra and with another $5k or so in mods you can outrun any M5 or AMG, at least (like I said before) until something breaks.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
M5 was spraying and only gained 1 car length on the E55, unimpressive
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by E55JAY
Ya, I guess that's another way to look at it...

He was 'cheating' and still only wound up with one carlength.

Makes the 55 look better, if anything.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by E55JAY
+1 to that.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
The driver of the E is a member here who posted after he beat the M soundly. The M driver was good enough about it to post here and on M5board. Seems like a good "car" guy.

Whatever your feelings are about NOS, he got his revenge. I am impressed that the E only lost by 1 length. But a race is a race.

Yeah, the M is running NOS, but the Kleeman probably had 2x the investment under the hood. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 PM

2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
It was me =) I had ran into him a few months ago on the street and noticed the AMG ETR plate LOL He is a VERY COOL dude ! I was going to pickup some food and he saw me pulling into the parking lot and pulled in and of course I owed him a rematch =) I knew he had nitrous ( he told me ) but I figured what the heck at least I can get a feeling of what those cars with NOS was gonna do to me. We tried to get a few good runs on the street as it was starting to rain and we did about 3 or 4 decent runs cut short by people pulling out in front of us but we pretty much did 40mph and up although I did have my drag radials on I should have tried for a stopped start to see what would have happened, He might not have gained a car length but caught up instead but none the less that guy is not your typical M5 Rules the world kinda guy, he is a cool dude and it was pure fun to see 2 car like ours run , maybe next time we can meet up at the track =) I tried joining m5board to post my response but I still don't have posting priv so Evan if your reading this tell you mod to get to work Cosm is my name LOL

P.S. Evan if your reading this you OWE me a rematch once I get my giggle juice hooked up and MSG me back so we can meet up and hang out =)
Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by CWW
That M5 was running a 150 shot of nitrous. The E55 was not.

No $%it sherlock, of course the guy with NOS is guna pull on the guy without, regardless of what other mods the cars have.

I really don't think that is even close to a fair comparison.

You have to also remember that E55 has forced induction (supercharger) and M5 is naturally aspired... so you could come to a conclusion that AMG was cheating to begin with by resorting to supercharger and that BMW's technology is superior because they make the same power 100% engine. Is it a totally fair comparison to compare a supercharged car with an N/A car acceleration-wise? It all depends on how you look at it.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:25 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
You have to also remember that E55 has forced induction (supercharger) and M5 is naturally aspired... so you could come to a conclusion that AMG was cheating to begin with by resorting to supercharger and that BMW's technology is superior because they make the same power 100% engine. Is it a totally fair comparison to compare a supercharged car with an N/A car acceleration-wise? It all depends on how you look at it.
Ya, but then you can also argue the M5 has an unfair advantage since it has a couple more cylinders and a higher horsepower figure, not to mention no torque converter to sap power at the higher ranges, etc., etc.

I don't think a car that comes from the factory with forced induction is "cheating" vs. a car that comes from the factory with other advantages that in all reality equal the advantage of FI. I think that's a fair match, and in any event it's certainly not "cheating" in my book since that's the factory design.

The bottom line with this debate is that there is a pretty clear "bright line" between comparing two cars with FACTORY design differences (or even legitimate mods), and comparing the same two cars when one is running nitrous and the other isn't.

I still think that's 'cheating'.

Last edited by CWW; 12-03-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:56 PM

E
Originally Posted by Cosm
It was me =) I had ran into him a few months ago on the street and noticed the AMG ETR plate LOL He is a VERY COOL dude ! I was going to pickup some food and he saw me pulling into the parking lot and pulled in and of course I owed him a rematch =) I knew he had nitrous ( he told me ) but I figured what the heck at least I can get a feeling of what those cars with NOS was gonna do to me. We tried to get a few good runs on the street as it was starting to rain and we did about 3 or 4 decent runs cut short by people pulling out in front of us but we pretty much did 40mph and up although I did have my drag radials on I should have tried for a stopped start to see what would have happened, He might not have gained a car length but caught up instead but none the less that guy is not your typical M5 Rules the world kinda guy, he is a cool dude and it was pure fun to see 2 car like ours run , maybe next time we can meet up at the track =) I tried joining m5board to post my response but I still don't have posting priv so Evan if your reading this tell you mod to get to work Cosm is my name LOL

P.S. Evan if your reading this you OWE me a rematch once I get my giggle juice hooked up and MSG me back so we can meet up and hang out =)
hey there i'm also here in West Palm and have seen that same car
(AMG ETR)...i think he lives in my neighborhood actually...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
This Evan guy sounds like a car enthusiast,thats what its all about.

I wonder how much he actually used the unit?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 PM

2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
Originally Posted by Jrocket
This Evan guy sounds like a car enthusiast,thats what its all about.

I wonder how much he actually used the unit?
Yes, He is a REALLY COOL guy !
Old 12-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Hi Guys,
I am the M5 guy For everyone saying Nitrous is cheating, thats rediculous. Its a power adder just like a supercharger or a turbo. I must say I was very anti-nitrous, but now that I own a car with it its not such a stupid mod, its a very good power adder if done correctly! Unimpressive? We are comparing an E55 with 650HP/640TQ to an M5 with 675HP/550TQ, how much would you expect a car with almost 100TQ less to pull?? I knew it would be very close and thought it still might even go the other way, but was impressed I was able to squeek out a car length!!

Anyway, there will always be haters, we mod our cars in different ways because we are different people. I didn't build this car to go out and beat Cosm, its just a nice bonus that I got to make some good runs with a good guy who is just an enthusiast like me!! Cosm, you can have a rematch anytime, if you go on the juice I am not sure how close it will be, but I don't mind losing to you anytime!!

Best Regards,
Evan
Old 12-04-2007, 02:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Bottles are good for races only... and short ones at that. Real mods are there at any point and any time. I'm just surprised that the M5 can take a 150 shot... must be a nice setup. I still am more impressed how well the E55 hung with M5 spraying. Either way, sounds like good runs for both cars.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Intresting..I wonder how long will the engine last with NOS used often

I would like to use for racing but I am scared...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 AM

2003 e55
anyone up for some runs after miami HIN.. against a stock e55? hehe
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS

Anything that causes sudden stress to a motor is putting the motor at risk. Those are the chances one takes to make BIG power.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS

Come on Mike, Russians are not to supposed to get scared.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
^ HAHAHAHAHA!

Originally Posted by CWW
I don't think a car that comes from the factory with forced induction is "cheating" vs. a car that comes from the factory with other advantages that in all reality equal the advantage of FI.
Damn, I guess I'm a super cheater since I added FI and nitrous

Only losing by a car to a M5 runing 150 shot of nitrous is VERY impressive. Not for the M5 but for the E55.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Almost a Member!

M6
...lets try to meet up early next week as I have my mods sitting here waiting to get put on, going out of town fri morn though

Originally Posted by III II I I AMG
anyone up for some runs after miami HIN.. against a stock e55? hehe
Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Hi Guys,
I am the M5 guy For everyone saying Nitrous is cheating, thats rediculous. Its a power adder just like a supercharger or a turbo. I must say I was very anti-nitrous, but now that I own a car with it its not such a stupid mod, its a very good power adder if done correctly! Unimpressive? We are comparing an E55 with 650HP/640TQ to an M5 with 675HP/550TQ, how much would you expect a car with almost 100TQ less to pull?? I knew it would be very close and thought it still might even go the other way, but was impressed I was able to squeek out a car length!!

Anyway, there will always be haters, we mod our cars in different ways because we are different people. I didn't build this car to go out and beat Cosm, its just a nice bonus that I got to make some good runs with a good guy who is just an enthusiast like me!! Cosm, you can have a rematch anytime, if you go on the juice I am not sure how close it will be, but I don't mind losing to you anytime!!

Best Regards,
Evan
Glad to see your a memeber here!

Didnt you have that plate on the back of your Gallardo before,thought there was a pic of it floating around in here at one time.Parked off the side of the road in a grassy spot?

I see you sold the 07 Z06,may I pry in and ask why? I have been thinking of getting a C6 Z06.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Hi Guys,

Best Regards,
Evan
Good race, no such thing as cheating in my book. If I owned an m5 or m6 nos would be a must for me. I heard from a few guys that ASR does good work.

Congrats on the ride, both you and Cosm are the best kinds of enthusiasts .

Last edited by rflow306; 12-04-2007 at 08:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG ETR Gets Revenge!! (ASR M5 vs Renntech E55)