W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

STAR Lowering: How do I reset the height back to stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
STAR Lowering: How do I reset the height back to stock?

Hey guys,

I have an older lowering module in the car (Brabus or Kleeman?), which lowers the car 10mm front and rear. When my tech lowered the car further via STAR it looked great in the service bay, but the settings kept changing another 10mm lower even after the STAR settings were locked due to the module. I have been to the dealer at least 4 times fiddling with the heights to no satisfactory results. Currentlly, my car is too low and I would like to raise it back up because I have some clearance problems with the front fenders.

So, I would like to set my car back to the original factory height except for the 10mm lowering from the module, so I don't keep bothering the dealer with this matter.

If I request they set the car back to factory height settings is this easy to accomplish? Are there different ranges of heights that fit within the factory tolerances? Can I just say set it back to zero? What is the correct terminology to request my car back to the stock height?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by GarciaE55
Hey guys,

I have an older lowering module in the car (Brabus or Kleeman?), which lowers the car 10mm front and rear. When my tech lowered the car further via STAR it looked great in the service bay, but the settings kept changing another 10mm lower even after the STAR settings were locked due to the module. I have been to the dealer at least 4 times fiddling with the heights to no satisfactory results. Currentlly, my car is too low and I would like to raise it back up because I have some clearance problems with the front fenders.

So, I would like to set my car back to the original factory height except for the 10mm lowering from the module, so I don't keep bothering the dealer with this matter.

If I request they set the car back to factory height settings is this easy to accomplish? Are there different ranges of heights that fit within the factory tolerances? Can I just say set it back to zero? What is the correct terminology to request my car back to the stock height?

Thanks for all your help!
The star lowering is a fudging system so you are never going to really fudge it back to exactly what it was before. IF you want to go back to normal you need to do a ride height calibration which is very simple and takes about 1.5 hrs of labor. The car should get a ride height calibration very alignment but very few places do this. The mb system can set it back exactly to oem for you but that assumes no lowering module.

If you dont mind spending a bit of money, I really thing you would be BEST served by taking out the module, returning the car to a 100% stock setting and then going with a RENNtech lowering module to go back down to your desired settings. This way you can fine tune the car as often as you would like without messing with the star settings. The star method is nice but it really is a pain in the **** and its not worth the trouble.

You could get a renntech module and install it now and THEN simply turn it off when you go in for the ride height calibration. After the car is set you can turn it back on and set the final settings just how you would like.

The calibration process involves taking angle readings off the drive shafts and front control arms to get the cars ride height just as the factory desired.

Good luck.