W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Automobile Mag E55 hmmm BS, REAL E55 Thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw 745i, ml55 AMG
Automobile Mag E55 hmmm BS, REAL E55 Thread.

Ok so automag tested it really bad, strange, because in the other mag road & track or other mag don't remember what was it they tested E55 and it did show some good # which i belive is true....acctually i don't belive in any of #s till i personaly test it but anyway.

The other mags #s

0-60 4.5 hey that's not bad..still i belive you have to know how to launch that 516 ft of trq. audi rs6 did 4.3 good for them...and what about 0-150 well...let's go on lol

1/4 12.4 ummm yes i think it's true...Dodge viper 12 flat...not bad at all.

i will defenetly print the article and show it to you guys...moreover i dont understand how do they test cars? is it soft start hard start? or is it all about the money? anyway i don't care my own opinion is that E55 simply is a good car i don't say it's the best ultimate driving machine like BMWm5 owners scream on their board (kinda stupid i think)...it's good but there's always somthing faster and better than that... and i bet you have to have really good skills to put all that 516 trq to the ground.

And last thing...bmw owners JUST JELOUS bout MB airmatic 3level suspension lol i bet they do...lol this is fun part...coz you can have a joy and soft ride (when you on the date or smth) and you can switch to the harder level(and kill M5s lol)...Will BMW m5 ever will do it? I don't think so...because they are trully racing cars oh no, it's called ultimate driving machine doesn't it? i'm sorry!...well anyway my guess that MB is doing everything right they made a good car and we will enjoy it !

P.S And we do not afraid of upcoming v10 m5 DO we?

ohh now i feel better, coz i did read lot's of BS about E55 on BMWm5 board.

Last edited by BoBk; 11-12-2002 at 04:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: Automobile Mag E55 hmmm BS, REAL E55 Thread.

Originally posted by BoBk

And last thing...bmw owners JUST JELOUS bout MB airmatic 3level suspension lol i bet they do...lol this is fun part...coz you can have a joy and soft ride (when you on the date or smth) and you can switch to the harder level(and kill M5s lol)...Will BMW m5 ever will do it? I don't think so...because they are trully racing cars oh no, it's called ultimate driving machine doesn't it? i'm sorry!...well anyway my guess that MB is doing everything right they made a good car and we will enjoy it !

The M5 did that in the early 90´s.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
Airmatic is ok, but I really think they should use ABC in the E55.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
BoBK:

I don't think you have read the BMW M5 board closely enough. Most of the members have praised the new E55. Just because they scanned in the Automobile article and agreed with the reviewers findings and were praising the M5 doesn't make them "stupid" or "jealous".

I come from a family that always had M-B's and I do hold them in very high regard. I personally feel that the M5 is the best all around choice for myself. I love the new E55 and maybe I will switch in a couple of years to the "Dark Side".

Tom
Old 11-17-2002, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
Originally posted by TMC M5
I love the new E55 and maybe I will switch in a couple of years to the "Dark Side".
Tom
funny u should say that...my friend with a e36 and m coupe said they'r getting a c320...and that he's finally gone to the "dark side"...so don't tell our other friend (who's a e34/bmw fanatic)...