Renntech exhaust vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
I'd try too perhaps, just out of curiosity
but, I think those cones are more restrictive than our reso, that is straight open

.. it will end, as usual, .. by closing again quite everything you opened before

but try first hand is a great pleasure

ps:
mods are a terrible thing ... I was satisfied with my small 1cm spacers .. till just 2 ours ago I was on the point of loosing one wheel .. too much torque
succeded to replace 3only bolts remaining and come back home at 20mph
Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S coupe, X5M
Vids from a roll please Engine doesn't rev past 3-4k when parked.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:30 PM

2007 E63 AMG
While I was in LA last weekend I went on a canyon run with some BMW buddies. I was the lead car with a camera mounted on my rear windshield. Hopefully, the vid will be up soon. You will hear the exhaust in 1st and 2nd at WOT.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
That is sexy...
So what's better, if i want a louder and deeper. I already have mufflers and took out the resonator, however, i want to go a tad louder. Replace sec-cats with x-pipe or straights?
and PePe is awesome was recommended by Sun.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
That is sexy...
So what's better, if i want a louder and deeper. I already have mufflers and took out the resonator, however, i want to go a tad louder. Replace sec-cats with x-pipe or straights?
Thats what im wondering too...In AKxSpyO case which way would you go, the x-pipe or straight pipe...and why
Old 12-20-2007, 03:45 AM

2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
That is sexy...
Going with straight pipes from the primary cats back to the mufflers will cause some loss in low-end torque but gain top-end horsepower. Since the 55 engine has globs of torque, I wouldn't think this is really a problem. Also, it's not going to make your exhaust deeper but a lot louder. My guess is this setup is going to drone. If you put the resonator back on, you shouldn't have any droning issues.

X-pipe will make the exhaust note deeper and you'll have minimal, if any, loss of torque. It's not going to be as loud as straight pipes, but the droning will not be as significant.

So, what's your preference b/c that's what it boils down to. Loud/loss of some torque/droning or Deep/minimal loss of torque/less droning?

Last edited by vegastrashed; 12-20-2007 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
LOUD WITH DRONING...FTW

Originally Posted by vegastrashed
Going with straight pipes from the primary cats back to the mufflers will cause some loss in low-end torque but gain top-end horsepower. Since the 55 engine has globs of torque, I wouldn't think this is really a problem. Also, it's not going to make your exhaust deeper but a lot louder. My guess is this setup is going to drone. If you put the resonator back on, you shouldn't have any droning issues.

X-pipe will make the exhaust note deeper and you'll have minimal, if any, loss of torque. It's not going to be as loud as straight pipes, but the droning will not be as significant.

So, what's your preference b/c that's what it boils down to. Loud/loss of some torque/droning or Deep/minimal loss of torque/less droning?