W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Dealer damaged my E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63S and 2015 Macan S
Dealer damaged my E55

I had some shock and noise issues w. my car so I took it to the closest MB dealer. Even though they gave me a loaner it took them 3 wks to fix my car. Problems were 1. needed new rear shocks 2. noise in the engine was caused by a bad oil pump. Too find the core problem they replaced powersteering pump, pulley & belts. The reason they took so long was because they had to order parts from Germany I just got this car drove it for 2wks and in the shop for 3 So today they call me and said my cars ready to go so very excited I go and as soon as they pull it up I notice scratches big scratches all over the top of my trunk so I go ape s..t then the manager comes out and apologizes constintly. Of course they said they will paint it but what else should I ask for? What would you guys do?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e55
discount

Can't really ask for much? Maybe next oil change free or a service discount coupon or parts discount. They agreed to pay for it which is what is expected. I would just maybe ask for a discount and a free oil change would be nicer.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
The bad part is when you sell the car, the next person will see the repaint and it could be an issue. If you have a body shop you trust, I would send it there. Take control of who does the repaint, and make sure it's done right. Tell them MB is paying for it, and that you don't want to see any mask lines.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 PM

S211 AMG
Originally Posted by tthoang1
The bad part is when you sell the car, the next person will see the repaint and it could be an issue. If you have a body shop you trust, I would send it there. Take control of who does the repaint, and make sure it's done right. Tell them MB is paying for it, and that you don't want to see any mask lines.
+1
You should do the research and choose the best bodyshop. I would talk to other high car dealers in the area and ask where their work is done. There are plenty of horror stories on this forum when mentioning mb certified paint shops.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
a BIG +1
Old 12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

I would also get a letter from the service manager stating what work was done and why.This way you have proof for the next buyer what EXACTLY was done and why..not just your word on the matter.Makes the potential buyer feel better about the car and your deal.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Most buyers are alerted of a re-paint because they think the car got into an accident then got repaired and re-painted. If you can, have the dealer write a letter stating that they re-painted the trunk due to some surface scratches caused "accidentally" by their workers and not by an accident, you should be able to use that letter when you do sell it to prove that it was not any accident or anything like that
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jrocket
I would also get a letter from the service manager stating what work was done and why.This way you have proof for the next buyer what EXACTLY was done and why..not just your word on the matter.Makes the potential buyer feel better about the car and your deal.
Johnny, I swear I posted my post when yours was not even up yet. Then after I hit "Submit Reply" I saw your post almost identical to mine You said exactly what I wanted to say
Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the info guys. We had a ice storm here and my guess is that they left my car outside in the lot and then the idiots that prep the car scraped off the ice and caused these scratches.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 PM

Think they will put a E63 trunk lip for free if I ask?