Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 @ Nascar ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them!
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Nascar! Post up some pics of your rides.
I guess your used to the bumping and tapping then, It seems your haven't escaped it over here. You won't be given it, you'll have to earn respect with this hardened crowd. Maybe a admin would change your name to that if you wanted, I like it.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:27 PM

junk
come on now lets play nice... i will add if a mclaren/enzo/??? were to actually "race" it wouldnt last 10 laps. soon as it got put in the wall itd be over. nascars are meant to be bumped front rear and sides and are reinforced that way. No "stock" car could handle that abuse. plus stock cars are so over-adjusted no "stock" car could even be adjusted to say 15 degrees of camber needed to stay on the track. if youve seen one up close youll see it. as you can see im in the no chance camp.

as a matter of fact i doubt there is a single racing series in the world who could compete on another series track. except maybe f1 over indy/irl. no???
Old 12-23-2007, 11:37 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mbenzman
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Nascar! Post up some pics of your rides.
I guess your used to the bumping and tapping then, It seems your haven't escaped it over here. You won't be given it, you'll have to earn respect with this hardened crowd. Maybe a admin would change your name to that if you wanted, I like it.
HAHAHAHA I am all for it!!!!! I have always been nitrous_nate on all the forums I belong to, but with the circumstances here, I think Mr. Nascar is a way better fit

Last edited by nitrous_nate; 12-23-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:52 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Here are some of my race car pics:
Attached Thumbnails E55 @ Nascar ??-74.jpg   E55 @ Nascar ??-car44.jpg   E55 @ Nascar ??-uara-bristol.jpg   E55 @ Nascar ??-nate-2007-bms-truck-race-5.jpg  
Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 PM

Many
I have been lurking here for awhile, thinking an E55 would be my next car. With posts like this and attitude from the owners here I may stick with BMW. While I am proud that many of you drag race your cars, it seems there is an unfortunately high snob rate, yes even relative to BMW. I've spent a long time on M5board.com (E39 M5 owner and previously 911 owner) and never seen anything close to the ridiculous claims made in this post. And I'm hardly a redneck, I'm a white collar worker in Silicon Valley big tech.

First, for all those who think NASCAR drivers can't drive, google the Jeff Gordon F1 test, you know the one where he was maybe .5 off the best the Williams team drivers could put up that day. Further, if F1 was so great why are all the drivers defecting to NASCAR? Oh yeah, must be the $20M they can make annually and the fact that their sanctioning body has a future.

Last on the "can an E55 compete in NASCAR" question...while you may be able to make a few laps on an oval...I think you'd be the textbook definition of body roll come road course time. And for all you F1 fans...how come I have yet to see an E55 at any roadcourse event? I've been to Road America numerous times with my cars...where are you guys? My guess is 75% of the people here dishing out the attitude couldn't point out where the supercharger was on this car.

Hang in there Nate!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:07 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by NHRA Super Gas
I have been lurking here for awhile, thinking an E55 would be my next car. With posts like this and attitude from the owners here I may stick with BMW. While I am proud that many of you drag race your cars, it seems there is an unfortunately high snob rate, yes even relative to BMW. I've spent a long time on M5board.com (E39 M5 owner and previously 911 owner) and never seen anything close to the ridiculous claims made in this post. And I'm hardly a redneck, I'm a white collar worker in Silicon Valley big tech.

First, for all those who think NASCAR drivers can't drive, google the Jeff Gordon F1 test, you know the one where he was maybe .5 off the best the Williams team drivers could put up that day. Further, if F1 was so great why are all the drivers defecting to NASCAR? Oh yeah, must be the $20M they can make annually and the fact that their sanctioning body has a future.

Last on the "can an E55 compete in NASCAR" question...while you may be able to make a few laps on an oval...I think you'd be the textbook definition of body roll come road course time. And for all you F1 fans...how come I have yet to see an E55 at any roadcourse event? I've been to Road America numerous times with my cars...where are you guys? My guess is 75% of the people here dishing out the attitude couldn't point out where the supercharger was on this car.

Hang in there Nate!
hahahaha Thanks man!!!! Some people just get out of the box on certain subjects and think they know about things they read in magazines and the net and become experts Jeff Gordon really impressed alot of people when they did that run at indy, and how did the f1 driver do in the stock car comparitively??? hahahaha Btw, I noticed your screen name was nhra super gas. I used to be a driving instuctor with Roy Hill's drag racing school and have done my fair share of drag racing too!!! Give me a shout or p.m. me if your ever close to a event on the east coast
Old 12-24-2007, 12:11 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Here are a couple more:
Attached Thumbnails E55 @ Nascar ??-daytonaarca.jpg   E55 @ Nascar ??-ncts-15-2.jpg   E55 @ Nascar ??-ncts-15.jpg   E55 @ Nascar ??-lpirqual.jpg  
Old 12-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
FIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!