Sponsored by:

Kudos to James at Creative Autoworks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by jangy
What mods? Aside from the EVOTech ECU. Which pulley?
I went with the LET motorsports stage III setup. Eric told me the pulley they use is the VRUS pulley. I am also adding the code 3 performance heat exchanger and johnson pump.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:36 AM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Let me know when you want to make a run up Palomar and we'll hook up. We have been pretty lazy, lately and just meeting to eat and drink instead of going on rides. What part of town are you in?
I live in Point Loma. I am always up for drinking and eating of course...
Old 12-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
damn I go out for some beers, yes Rocket you got me on that one and its good to see that things are coolio.......

Merry New Year to all!!!!

But I will close this thread unless pics are posted on Xmas day j/k but please post pics manana ...
Old 12-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by psuball1
I went with the LET motorsports stage III setup. Eric told me the pulley they use is the VRUS pulley. I am also adding the code 3 performance heat exchanger and johnson pump.
what does the LET motorsports stage 3 consist of? evotech ecu, VRUS pulley, headers, cams??? and along with that you got the code 3 HE and the johnson pump....nice set of mods you have there
Old 12-25-2007, 12:43 AM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
what does the LET motorsports stage 3 consist of? evotech ecu, VRUS pulley, headers, cams??? and along with that you got the code 3 HE and the johnson pump....nice set of mods you have there
The stage 3 has the evotech ecu, vrus pulley, headers, and an 80mm AMG TB. I plan on doing a dyno before and after. I have zero engine mods as of now.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
The stage 3 has the evotech ecu, vrus pulley, headers, and an 80mm AMG TB. I plan on doing a dyno before and after. I have zero engine mods as of now.
That will be a nice setup. I'll be interested to compare your VRP pulley with EVOtech tune vs my VRP pulley and PowerChip tune.

I've put about 500miles on a VRP pulley and it is NICE!! You will be happy and the quality does not reflect the sweet deal!!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Vic55
damn I go out for some beers, yes Rocket you got me on that one and its good to see that things are coolio.......

Merry New Year to all!!!!

But I will close this thread unless pics are posted on Xmas day j/k but please post pics manana ...
By your command.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I live in Point Loma. I am always up for drinking and eating of course...
You military?

We get together at least weekly and you are welcome to join anytime. I even promise not to talk about Creative. Use my email or PM me yours and we'll hook up.

My bad again, for jumping to conclusions. It is all just deja vu for me, except last time it was me pumping Creative up only to be let down.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
That will be a nice setup. I'll be interested to compare your VRP pulley with EVOtech tune vs my VRP pulley and PowerChip tune.

I've put about 500miles on a VRP pulley and it is NICE!! You will be happy and the quality does not reflect the sweet deal!!
I'd like to join up to compare my renntech pulley and software as well
Old 12-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Oh nice!!! Look forward to the numbers!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

W221

Hey Jangy...is that what the VRP Stage 1 is? The VRUS Pulley along with the Powerchip tune?
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
I'd like to join up to compare my renntech pulley and software as well
Actually, I have even more plans for you. I got you into this and I may have a way out. You want to compare on the dyno or in real life? If dyno (since i know you are trying to get a good run), you should hook up with me next week. My car is going in and out of the dyno right now and we could just hop your car in when we do mine with pulley and ecu. The baseline is done, I am just waiting for pulley, then pulley + ECU dynos.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Hey Jangy...is that what the VRP Stage 1 is? The VRUS Pulley along with the Powerchip tune?
VRP isn't doing stages. they are naming packages based on power. For example the pulley and ECU are the VR550, since they are supposed to produce a mere 550 HP (at the crank). As you add components (headers, TB, etc), the VR### changes to reflect that with the ultimate (just motor) being a VR700. Now, Cooling kits, etc. are different. Support systems are just separate. In all honesty, it isn't known that a larger pulley (i.e. 178mm) for sure needs cooling. It may be that adding a TB and headers would drop pressure enough for the car to actually be more efficient and still produce. Just a thought. I am getting the cooling upgrade, just because I have already put the time in to design and the cost is low. Plus, I am sure there will be the 100+ degree days on some track that I will want to run the AC and whoop some butt.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Actually, I have even more plans for you. I got you into this and I may have a way out. You want to compare on the dyno or in real life? If dyno (since i know you are trying to get a good run), you should hook up with me next week. My car is going in and out of the dyno right now and we could just hop your car in when we do mine with pulley and ecu. The baseline is done, I am just waiting for pulley, then pulley + ECU dynos.
Dyno would be the most neutral comparison. When are you planning to do this? My car is going to stephan this Friday to fix the leak
Old 12-25-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
I even promise not to talk about Creative. Use my email or PM me yours and we'll hook up.
First page got me all riled up and now it comes to this, get a room Jangy.

jk
Old 12-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

W221
VRP isn't doing stages. they are naming packages based on power. For example the pulley and ECU are the VR550, since they are supposed to produce a mere 550 HP (at the crank). As you add components (headers, TB, etc), the VR### changes to reflect that with the ultimate (just motor) being a VR700. Now, Cooling kits, etc. are different. Support systems are just separate. In all honesty, it isn't known that a larger pulley (i.e. 178mm) for sure needs cooling. It may be that adding a TB and headers would drop pressure enough for the car to actually be more efficient and still produce. Just a thought. I am getting the cooling upgrade, just because I have already put the time in to design and the cost is low. Plus, I am sure there will be the 100+ degree days on some track that I will want to run the AC and whoop some butt.
Thanks fer the info...

so as for the ecu tune in the VR550, are they using a PowerChip tune for the software???

Are you using a custom HE that you thought of? I figured I will definitely need a cooling upgrade for the stock set up let alone a stage 1 so I opted for that first. I should have it on early January.

Did you ever get anywhere with that AMG TB thing you were going after? I remember you were looking into the 07 SL55 TB for our cars at a VERY FAIR price. any leads on that? if it was for the price that you said it was, I was thinking about doing the VR550 and doing the AMG TB and holding off on the wheels til later...

would you do the VR550 + VRUS headers or do the VR550 + AMG 80MM TB first? I was planning on doing the VR550 + VRUS Headers @ first but then I decided to do the VR550 and wheels and do the headers or TB later...but now I'm gettin mixed feeling AGAIN...
Old 12-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
Dyno would be the most neutral comparison. When are you planning to do this? My car is going to stephan this Friday to fix the leak
We'll do it after. I'm going to be up there quite a bit, so we can hook up. I want to give Powerchip all the time they need with the car so that we can get the '06 built in '06 deal worked out and I don't think they have had much access to it yet.

Good luck next Friday. Hope all goes well. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Murtaza
First page got me all riled up and now it comes to this, get a room Jangy.

jk
I'd hope you were rallying the troops to come to my defense? Or is it just that plate you were worried about? PM me your addy, bro.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:28 AM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
You military?

We get together at least weekly and you are welcome to join anytime. I even promise not to talk about Creative. Use my email or PM me yours and we'll hook up.

My bad again, for jumping to conclusions. It is all just deja vu for me, except last time it was me pumping Creative up only to be let down.
I have had good and bad experiences with companies in the past. i-forged is one example that some folks on the M3 forum wanted dead. I have had nothing but good luck with them. I understand where you are coming from. I'm over it...

No, I am not military. My wife and I love the beach so we bought a place in PL. My goal is to build a home in the Sunset Cliffs area but I need a few years before I achieve that goal.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:29 AM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I would be up for that. Let me know when and where.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks fer the info...

so as for the ecu tune in the VR550, are they using a PowerChip tune for the software???

Yes they are. It is not exactly a Powerchip tune, since it is yet to be developed. It will be a VRP/Powerchip joint tune. VRP will datalog / dyno and monitor the changes. Powerchip will use that data to zero in on the code and then tune it out. They have done some bit of work on an '04 and that will be the basis for starting on mine. the main issue (as most know) is the TQ limiter. that is what came about with the "dreaded" flash.

Are you using a custom HE that you thought of? I figured I will definitely need a cooling upgrade for the stock set up let alone a stage 1 so I opted for that first. I should have it on early January.

Things may change for me as I go, but my initial plans were to go with the Code3 HE and a CM90. the rest would all be custom to get it all together. I've looked into the setup and there are quite a few OEM parts that will work. For example, the S55 setup has some parts that will help mount.

Did you ever get anywhere with that AMG TB thing you were going after? I remember you were looking into the 07 SL55 TB for our cars at a VERY FAIR price. any leads on that? if it was for the price that you said it was, I was thinking about doing the VR550 and doing the AMG TB and holding off on the wheels til later...

I have a friend in italy and one here that are doing it as we speak. I am positive it works, because I know of some cars that have it. But, this is the first time that I supplied the part numbers and directions. The cost is $1200 + labor. There is one catch. It is not compatible with the VRP CF Airbox, since there is a fit issue. That, and only that may change my plans to the VRP 80mm TB. The bulk pricing on the VRP 80mm TB is really only about $300 more, so i am hoping to gather 10 or so and go that route. If not, I'll do the AMG one, since I have vested so much time.

would you do the VR550 + VRUS headers or do the VR550 + AMG 80MM TB first? I was planning on doing the VR550 + VRUS Headers @ first but then I decided to do the VR550 and wheels and do the headers or TB later...but now I'm gettin mixed feeling AGAIN...
I was initially planning on Pulley, then TB, then headers. Now, i'm not sure, since I have had some discussions with VRP. It may be something that we could test out on my car (Pulley + header and pulley + 80mmTB) to see which combo gives the best. Either way, I plan on all three pretty quickly, so it is almost a mute point.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I have had good and bad experiences with companies in the past. i-forged is one example that some folks on the M3 forum wanted dead. I have had nothing but good luck with them. I understand where you are coming from. I'm over it...

No, I am not military. My wife and I love the beach so we bought a place in PL. My goal is to build a home in the Sunset Cliffs area but I need a few years before I achieve that goal.

Point Loma is a nice area. Very quaint and nice yards. I looked there alot before selling out to the suburbs. I'm just waiting to get the kids out of the house and I'm getting a condo on the beach.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

W221
I was initially planning on Pulley, then TB, then headers. Now, i'm not sure, since I have had some discussions with VRP. It may be something that we could test out on my car (Pulley + header and pulley + 80mmTB) to see which combo gives the best. Either way, I plan on all three pretty quickly, so it is almost a mute point.
Thanks fer the quick reply...please let me know about the situation with the TB's...I will hopefully have the VR550 soon. I already have the Code 3 performance upgraded HE on order ( the one with the bigger core because my car is an 03 ) and I also ordered the CM30 pump to help it along...doesn't hurt

So I will have the VR550 along with the upgraded HE. My next decision is save up for wheels, or do the shorty headers, or do the TB...

Thanks fer your opinion and give me a heads up as soon as you find something!!! Yer opinion is greatly appreciated

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 12-25-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks fer the quick reply...please let me know about the situation with the TB's...I will hopefully have the VR550 soon. I already have the Code 3 performance upgraded HE on order ( the one with the bigger core because my car is the 03 ) and I also ordered the CM30 pump.

So I will have the VR550 along with the upgraded HE. My next decision is save up for wheels, or do the shorty headers, or do the TB...

Thanks fer your opinion and give me a heads up as soon as you find something!!! Yer opinion is greatly appreciated

I've got a couple of us wanting the 80mm TBs, so i'll see if we can setup an install party to get them dropped in. Honestly, if I can get the VRP kit to anywhere near the same price then I will likely go ahead and abandon the project.

Why are you not going all out and getting the CM90?, especially with that huge HE? Are you having the pump wired to run constantly?

Personally, I have had enough time with the pulley to want more. the low end is great, but there is real restriction at the top end. I would recommend getting the VR550, cooling, and either the 80mmTB or headers (depending on what VRP shows to be best). The thing with mods is that each one shows the weakness of the unmodded parts. After adding all that power and traction, I am going to need some real suspension support and adjustablity.

I'd almost say get the wheels and be done, then start the mods. Once it begins, there may be no end.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
O M F G!!!!! i just read through 3 Pages of CRAP lol, this thread went from "High Intensity Rome is Burning" to "Watching a Chargers Game Boring"

PIC's OR BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN..............ANA's!!!!!!!!!! !!

(tryin to light the fire again, g'head jangy, hit me lol)

ALi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kudos to James at Creative Autoworks