Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 serpentine belt,WTF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Angry E63 serpentine belt,WTF?

It was a nice friday w temps in the mid 40's so I decided to take the car to work&test my new Racelogic Performance Box(thanks for the heads up on this cool toy MBForever!)that the Mrs. got me for x-mas.

Halfway home after making a quick u-turn to snap some cell phone pix of a white&red Bugatti Veyron I spotted sitting in a parking lot the,C.E.L. comes on as I'm taking the Veyron's pic.

A trip to the stealer today reveals a serpentine belt with the inner most rib sheared off.This belt shearing in turn caused a sensor to be damaged which triggered the CEL.

I dunno,the car just turned 10,000 miles today&has been to the dealer at least 6x since delivery in May..

They have a sweet '06 E55 w 15k mi on it that I'm seriously considering dumping the 63 for as it spends more friggin time at the dealership.I can't seem to get a break w this car.Who cares if it's pretty quick&sounds sweet;I'm pissed that it's gonna be a nitemare when the warranty is up&basically I gotta get rid if it before that or it will suck me dry
Old 12-29-2007, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
It was a nice friday w temps in the mid 40's so I decided to take the car to work&test my new Racelogic Performance Box(thanks for the heads up on this cool toy MBForever!)that the Mrs. got me for x-mas.

Halfway home after making a quick u-turn to snap some cell phone pix of a white&red Bugatti Veyron I spotted sitting in a parking lot the,C.E.L. comes on as I'm taking the Veyron's pic.

A trip to the stealer today reveals a serpentine belt with the inner most rib sheared off.This belt shearing in turn caused a sensor to be damaged which triggered the CEL.

I dunno,the car just turned 10,000 miles today&has been to the dealer at least 6x since delivery in May..

They have a sweet '06 E55 w 15k mi on it that I'm seriously considering dumping the 63 for as it spends more friggin time at the dealership.I can't seem to get a break w this car.Who cares if it's pretty quick&sounds sweet;I'm pissed that it's gonna be a nitemare when the warranty is up&basically I gotta get rid if it before that or it will suck me dry

Make sure you get the new brakes and intake gaskets. Get everything done at once.The TSB is in the CLS thread. My car has been great, just regular service and the recent CEL due to the intake gaskets and I have just rolled 14500 miles. Thank goodness for warranty!! And be thankful for having such a GREAT WIFE wo nice xmas gift!!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
No problem, glad you like it. And trust me, you'll enjoy it even more every single day. I'm to the point where I don't drive without it

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having with the car. I don't know what to tell you but if you've went through all these problems with your car, then it's only a matter of time until we go through the same ones with our cars. But at least everything is covered under warranty. You are right though, owning these cars without warranty is kind of financial suicide

The good news is that after warranty is out, you'll be right at the perfect time to sell this car and get the Twin Turbo version
Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM

E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
oldgixxer my E63 is always in the shop since July delivery every single month and sometimes more and each visit is 3-7 days out of service. Next visit is on the 9th for the brakes,engine noise and the still recurring driveline vibration. The car has made me so fed up I will lemon law it for sure since the big wigs at the dealer in NYC and MBUSA cant seem to strike a deal with me to get me out of this bomb. I love the car but enough is enough I would never keep any of these past the warranty thats why i do a 24 month lease and walk away. its a terrible shame where the quality has gone with the Mercedes line.

Do you have a chirping sound when your in P and you hit the gas? My car does it sounds like a belt or tensioner thats why i ask.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Damn,sorry to hear that your having problems too.I didnt have any strange sounds coming from the engine bay.But a loose tensioner could definitely cause the damage to the belt,as they have a lifespan of 80,000+miles.
Its a shame as I really enjoy this car.

There is no way I'm keeping it after the warranty expires,I will sell&get the '09 E Class AMG or an C.P.O. SL65.

On a side note,the dealer has been very accommodating towards me& does try to go out of there way to make me happy so far