Sponsored by:

Matte Black grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 E63S W212 Matte Gray
Just bought one

kompressed55: this is an awesome looking grill; sick good looking.

I just "bought it now" on the ebay link kompressed55 provided. The extra $30 ($155'ish total after shipping) someone else barked about on this thread is an insurance payment in my eyes based on kompressed55's happiness with his and the awesome photo he described. I would rather spend an extra $30 to remove uncertainty risk.

Anyway, thanks for the thread, as I've been thinking about this for a while. Should look sweet on my dark Maroon Beast.

By the way, this dark color on the front of the car helps give an extra second or two when zapped by Laser, as the police typically hit the front middle first (because of shiny'ness on grill and license plate) and then move to headlights next.

Wife will hate it, but no news here: the Beast is for me, not my wife. I don't care if she hates it.

thnx guys

Kris
Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by KrisKeeney

I just "bought it now" on the ebay link kompressed55 provided. The extra $30 ($155'ish total after shipping) someone else barked about on this thread is an insurance payment in my eyes based on kompressed55's happiness with his and the awesome photo he described. I would rather spend an extra $30 to remove uncertainty risk.

Anyway, thanks for the thread, as I've been thinking about this for a while. Should look sweet on my dark Maroon Beast.

By the way, this dark color on the front of the car helps give an extra second or two when zapped by Laser, as the police typically hit the front middle first (because of shiny'ness on grill and license plate) and then move to headlights next.

Wife will hate it, but no news here: the Beast is for me, not my wife. I don't care if she hates it.

thnx guys

Kris
You better have the camera ready and post pictures as soon as you install it

I would definately like to see it on your car
Old 01-02-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)

thnx guys

Kris
My wife gives me sh** about my monster too. I tell her that she doesn't have to like it. The monster doesn't like her either.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is Sick as Fu*k
Originally Posted by psuball1
My wife gives me sh** about my monster too. I tell her that she doesn't have to like it. The monster doesn't like her either.
LOL, thats some Funny SH*T
Old 01-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by psuball1
Old 01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
KrisKeeney.....GREAAATT you bought the last 1...Fu*ker lol...I hope you enjoy it Post pictures when it comes and give us an update on what you think
Old 01-02-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by PerisanGodFatha
KrisKeeney.....GREAAATT you bought the last 1...Fu*ker lol...I hope you enjoy it Post pictures when it comes and give us an update on what you think
Sorry dudes! That was not my intention; the ebay page made it seem like there were many for sale, as is the case sometimes with ebay sales by dealers, as opposed to individual persons. Maybe at the seller's home site, which was listed on the ebay page? If I had known it was the last one, I would have held off and gotten it later.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
You better have the camera ready and post pictures as soon as you install it

I would definately like to see it on your car

Absolutely, brother. Pics will be forthcoming as soon as I install it.....which with my lame DIY skills might be early '09.

Thanks

p.s. regarding wives: yes, after 18 years of marriage (same woman) and four kids (same woman): her and my boundaries are well set: she shops and I drive. The two paths seldom cross.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Wait a few days and he will list another one for sale (unless you called him and he said he didn't have any more). I've seen four or five listed since I bought mine.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
You'll be happy with it. Easy installation. All you have to do is transfer the slide-on screw nuts from the original grille to the new grille, screw it in place, and you're good to go.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
p.s. regarding wives: yes, after 18 years of marriage (same woman) and four kids (same woman): her and my boundaries are well set: she shops and I drive. The two paths seldom cross.
I like that plan
Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 PM

2002 E55
Ebay Matte Black Grille

Hello guys I bought one of these ebay matte black grille for my E55 210 and after a week of driving with this new matte grille installed, alot of small spot chips started to show. I touched the spots up and then cleared the whole grille. Pics attached, pardon the dirty car

Been a month since and no chips yet! If I were to do this again, I'd buy a regular grille and have it powder coated. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Matte Black grill-grill-002.jpg   Matte Black grill-grill-003.jpg   Matte Black grill-grill-006.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by E55Bit
Hello guys I bought one of these ebay matte black grille for my E55 210 and after a week of driving with this new matte grille installed, alot of small spot chips started to show. I touched the spots up and then cleared the whole grille. Pics attached, pardon the dirty car

Been a month since and no chips yet! If I were to do this again, I'd buy a regular grille and have it powder coated. Hope this helps.
Powder coating the OEM grill is certainly the way to go if it can be done. I haven't taken a close look at the W211 grill but is the frame metal or is it chromed plastic? I think it may be chromed plastic which rules out powder coating.

I have been meaning go look but as I just had knee surgery, I can't make it to the garage.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 AM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Powder coating the OEM grill is certainly the way to go if it can be done. I haven't taken a close look at the W211 grill but is the frame metal or is it chromed plastic? I think it may be chromed plastic which rules out powder coating.

I have been meaning go look but as I just had knee surgery, I can't make it to the garage.
It's chrome over plastic so powder coating is not possible.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Yo Jangy...is that from yer car? That definitely doesn't look right....

Yup, my car. It is the one I got from Stealth. Now, they want me to pay to ship it to them so they can determine if it is a defect or if I did something to it. They asked if I track the car and I said YES. Is that not allowed? We need our vendors to rate their products. Maybe my needs aren't the same as one that is just for show?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Originally Posted by jangy
Yup, my car. It is the one I got from Stealth. Now, they want me to pay to ship it to them so they can determine if it is a defect or if I did something to it. They asked if I track the car and I said YES. Is that not allowed? We need our vendors to rate their products. Maybe my needs aren't the same as one that is just for show?
wtf? what diff does it make if you track your car...that shouldnt happen, how are you gana sell a grill that gets jaked up, when you go fast...Its a freakin E55........Thats a trip dude...
Old 01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
wtf? what diff does it make if you track your car...that shouldnt happen, how are you gana sell a grill that gets jaked up, when you go fast...Its a freakin E55........Thats a trip dude...
Yeah, I was happy with them until then. Especially since they have no new ones, either. Why not just refund my money and then also ask me to mail it in, if you wanna check it out to make sure it doesn't happen again. Instead, they want it to just float away.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550

Like I predicted earlier, it's already been relisted. Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...182985892&rd=1
Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Originally Posted by kompressed55
Like I predicted earlier, it's already been relisted. Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...182985892&rd=1
sh*t I was to excited, I just bought it from another guy on EBAY...lol
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Who have installed those grills ??? How do they hold up chips and stones ???

Somehow I cant buy from e-bay directly...Anyone knows where can I get one ???

Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 AM

06 e55 wagon
sh*t I was to excited, I just bought it from another guy on EBAY...lol
pics installed??? I love your car ...
Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
I have one of these matte black grille for a W211 for $80 + shipping or pickup local if anyone wants it, had it on the car for about a week then I painted a stock grill shiny Black.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Originally Posted by Vader55
I have one of these matte black grille for a W211 for $80 + shipping or pickup local if anyone wants it, had it on the car for about a week then I painted a stock grill shiny Black.
Post a pic Vader
Old 03-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Who have installed those grills ??? How do they hold up chips and stones ???

Somehow I cant buy from e-bay directly...Anyone knows where can I get one ???

Thanks
I installed the front matte black grille about 7,500 miles ago. I purchased it from the guy on this thread who was(is?) selling them.

I love it. I am not "gentle" with my car, and I blow through about 2k miles per month. It is holding up outstandingly (word?).

I can not recommend it highly enough.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 PM

2005 E55
I installed the front matte black grille about 7,500 miles ago. I purchased it from the guy on this thread who was(is?) selling them.

I love it. I am not "gentle" with my car, and I blow through about 2k miles per month. It is holding up outstandingly (word?).

I can not recommend it highly enough.
Does anyone know the sellers name on ebay? I'm looking for this grille and I don't see it available?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Matte Black grill