Sponsored by:

No loaner car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
I can't resist on this...

I am a big Lexus fan due to the reliability, service, and overall quality of thier cars ( Lexus' are like velvet!). At any rate, true but funny story; on more than one occasion we go drop off my E for service and my wife follows me in our LX470 or GX470 and picks me up. Again, more than once we see another "couple" going throught the same gig, and guess what kind of car wifey is driving to pick up hubby...

BTW, the Lexus loaner cars are ES's or RX's and if you even stop in for an oil change and want to run some errands they give you a car. BTW again, they don't even require you to bring it back with the same level of gas that was in it when you picked it up!

I think my local M-B dealer "offers" Pontiac Grand Prix's for loaners if you are lucky enough to get one.

But, until Lexus builds a GS-F or LS-F my heart is with my E55!

T
Old 01-03-2008, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
Originally Posted by padrino
I'm down in Virginia Beach with an E63, no loaner from Phillips Mercedes either since I didn't buy the car from them. At first I was told I would get one if available but they changed that story and I never get one. I have been a customer for years and I put a bunch of work through them with my other MB with no problems but they decided to not offer them starting in 04 unless you purchase the car from them. The other local dealer across the water in Hampton has some sort of $400 dollar loaner program you must buy with a Mercedes to get a loaner.

I sent the owner of Phillips a letter about this issue, pointing out that they are losing residual business and when I purchase another Mercedes I have less of an incentive to purchase since they didn't help me out. In short they don't care because although there are a number of people like me going elsewhere they have enough business at the dealer already. Sounds like Mercedes should award another franchise in the area for more competition.

Because of this and the fact that I do business in DC regularly I just take it to HBL Mercedes where I am put in a loaner and service is done without any questions.

I have the same problem with Phillips since I got my cars from Trysinger. Trysinger is far but if you buy a MB from them they do pick up and drop off a car for you. The 400 dollars is only if you buy a dodge or another brand from them.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM

MB dealer at Tiverton, RI always provided me a loaner for free of a charge. Last time I called them for an appointment they gave me the next day and asked if I wanted a loaner. When I lived in Worcester,MA Wagner Mercedes never asked me if I wanted a loaner or provided me one but they had the taxi service which would take me home and pick me up for free. Have to admit though, MB Tiverton usually charges more than Mb Worcester for the same services and Tiverton is the largest dealer in Northeast.

For those who was provided a loaner. I always wonder what others get as loaner. I was always given 04+ Toyota Camry. What did you get?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by Substance
For those who was provided a loaner. I always wonder what others get as loaner. I was always given 04+ Toyota Camry. What did you get?
I've always recieved a C Class loaner at MB of Orlando in Maitland.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by vimzin
I have the same problem with Phillips since I got my cars from Trysinger. Trysinger is far but if you buy a MB from them they do pick up and drop off a car for you. The 400 dollars is only if you buy a dodge or another brand from them.
That's good to know, maybe the person I spoke to was confused because when I asked if I bought a car from them (they had an SL65 I wanted) would they provide a loaner, they said they work the $400 into the contract for the car so one way or the other I am paying for it.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by padrino
That's good to know, maybe the person I spoke to was confused because when I asked if I bought a car from them (they had an SL65 I wanted) would they provide a loaner, they said they work the $400 into the contract for the car so one way or the other I am paying for it.
There you go, the convenience of a package deal...