W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DoctorMax or pitbr & I have agreed to settle this transaction:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by tthoang1
That sir is impossible.
Didn't hurt to ask!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by deaguero
ENDSMTG: not to reveal any details, I have been in High Technology for 30 years. I was an early on employee at Cisco Systems where we actually developed the infrastructure the internet is built on. I also have worked for a well known Security Company called ISS. We stopped the Red Chinese in 2006 from hacking into General Dynamics "Black Projects" area when no other security Company could do so. That was an unreal project! NSA, and FBI both were involved with our team on this one. I would have loved to see the faces of the hackers over there when we stopped them in their tracks and redirected their efforts to a black hole. IP is a hectic world and now Telephony is embracing it too. Anyway, this whole IP thing has created a bonanza for Hackers, scammers and the like. Our motto at ISS was to stay one step ahead and be totally pre-emptive. I still use one of their products that was derived from an older product of theirs called "Black Ice" it is now called Proventia Desktop. It has 5 layers of desktop protection (I won't go into what each is. Download for free on ISS's website (IBM bought ISS about a year + ago!)
Very nice background. I'm just starting to study and get into some of the technical aspects of advanced networking and IP routing protocols. You'd definately be a great help
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Didn't hurt to ask!
+1

2009 C63 Black on Black
I have seen a few here and there

Originally Posted by tthoang1
So, are we hiding aliens in AREA 51?
Yeah! Plenty of aliens on these boards especially after the "Bluemax" tragedy. The one post wonders and their emotional knee jerk reactions really amazed me!

Generally the "Rush to Judgement" crowd feeding on the Media circus with no regards for the families of thoses affected or even the integrity of the memberes here!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360

Yeah! Plenty of aliens on these boards especially after the "Bluemax" tragedy. The one post wonders and their emotional knee jerk reactions really amazed me!

Generally the "Rush to Judgement" crowd feeding on the Media circus with no regards for the families of thoses affected or even the integrity of the memberes here!
Exactly, that's why I stayed out of that thread.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Good Job...You wanna collect some money for me too?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:23 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
I definitely would be willing to help!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Very nice background. I'm just starting to study and get into some of the technical aspects of advanced networking and IP routing protocols. You'd definately be a great help
Everybody thinks routing is a scary thing and really tough to understand. To some degree it is, But it really comes down to forwarding the IP packets from their origin to their destination. The IP protocol was the logical follow on to Ethernet invented by Xerox, Digital Equip Corp, and I think IBM too. IBM hedged their bets on a technology called token ring but that quikly fell out of favor kinda like the VHS vs betamax thing. Anyway let me know if I can help!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
So can I ask while we are on this scammer subject. What would have been the 100% safest way for deaguero to have made this purchase?

Is it still best to try to have it go through your credit card company so that a company like Amex would swing it out for you. On the business side of this, I hear from all my fellow owners that Amex is just vicious to business owners. Buddy of mine was told by an Amex rep when he had a dispute, "Look, a customer could basically buy a new TV from you, take it home and then throw it down the stairs. THEN, come back and tell you he did it, and you STILL need to give him his money back or you'll be dealing with us!!"

Basically why many small business guys don't take Amex by the way.

Just curious on the top question.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Everybody thinks routing is a scary thing and really tough to understand. To some degree it is, But it really comes down to forwarding the IP packets from their origin to their destination. The IP protocol was the logical follow on to Ethernet invented by Xerox, Digital Equip Corp, and I think IBM too. IBM hedged their bets on a technology called token ring but that quikly fell out of favor kinda like the VHS vs betamax thing. Anyway let me know if I can help!
Thanks, I really appreciate that...... I am currently studying for my Network+ and Net+ certifications from CompTIA, and all I can say is that the IP subnetting section is a b**ch When I reach a road-block, maybe I can give you a call
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
So can I ask while we are on this scammer subject. What would have been the 100% safest way for deaguero to have made this purchase?

Is it still best to try to have it go through your credit card company so that a company like Amex would swing it out for you. On the business side of this, I hear from all my fellow owners that Amex is just vicious to business owners. Buddy of mine was told by an Amex rep when he had a dispute, "Look, a customer could basically buy a new TV from you, take it home and then throw it down the stairs. THEN, come back and tell you he did it, and you STILL need to give him his money back or you'll be dealing with us!!"

Having it listed through e-bay and paying with PayPal through a verified address would also work, as PayPal can refund up to $1,000 (without paying for any additional insurance) and then the credit card company can refund the rest.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Can you PM me your email or phone, please? I could use some expert advice, and it may as well be from a member.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
As a member of the viper Club - I have done transactions using another local member as a financial intermediary. I have also verified information using their club membership information and have done the same for other members - it's better than using an escrow service, although that probably would have been a viable option here, too.

I usually use PayPal for stuff like this - even though that's not particularly effective either.

I'd much prefer a local intermediary.

As a seller - I always provide enough information that someone can "check me out" either giving my eBay ID, Viper club info, etc. to make them feel confident that I am not a scammer, or Nigerian heiress.

Oh- and never ask to send them a check from your 'agent' for slightly over the amount and ask them to send you back the difference.... ha ha.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s

Cool, I wonder if AMEX could throw Pitabr in to a burning 100,000 sqft.warehouse. and still get deaguero a refund. Now that would be fraud protection.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 E63S W212 Matte Gray
Cool: could you compare and contrast the Network Layer and the Data Link Layer of the OSI Model.....in 100 words or less?

Kidding:

I just want you to get your money back from this guy. Please keep us posted on how it turns out. I join the rest of the guys in our willingness to put together a group who shall apply some, shall we say, "AMG Vigilante Justice."

Thanks

Kris
Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
ENDSMTG: not to reveal any details, I have been in High Technology for 30 years. I was an early on employee at Cisco Systems where we actually developed the infrastructure the internet is built on. I also have worked for a well known Security Company called ISS. We stopped the Red Chinese in 2006 from hacking into General Dynamics "Black Projects" area when no other security Company could do so. That was an unreal project! NSA, and FBI both were involved with our team on this one. I would have loved to see the faces of the hackers over there when we stopped them in their tracks and redirected their efforts to a black hole. IP is a hectic world and now Telephony is embracing it too. Anyway, this whole IP thing has created a bonanza for Hackers, scammers and the like. Our motto at ISS was to stay one step ahead and be totally pre-emptive. I still use one of their products that was derived from an older product of theirs called "Black Ice" it is now called Proventia Desktop. It has 5 layers of desktop protection (I won't go into what each is. Download for free on ISS's website (IBM bought ISS about a year + ago!)
Ummm...please disregard that scammer email I sent you...

LOL!

Now, on to the search function to figure out what the heck y'all are talking about!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:58 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Thanks, I really appreciate that...... I am currently studying for my Network+ and Net+ certifications from CompTIA, and all I can say is that the IP subnetting section is a b**ch When I reach a road-block, maybe I can give you a call
good luck. subnetting is a pain but thank god there are subnetting calculators.

@deaguero: did you match his IP (pitabr) with the one from DoctorMax? If so, how did you get it without being a mod or admin on this site? just curious, maybe he used the same email or something?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG

I guess that explains why AMEX isn't as widespread. I love my AMEX Blue Cash as I get cash back at the end of the year so I use it for everything I can. The only time I had to ever get my money refunded, it was my Visa when I tried to purchase one of those license plate covers that makes the plate un-readable from angles. After three months of nice voicemails and emails, I simply called Visa and shortly thereafter, I had my money back.

Umm, sorry...back on topic.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 PM

'03 E55
I was an early on employee at Cisco Systems where we actually developed the infrastructure the internet is built on.
So how was it working for Al Gore?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by way2evil
good luck. subnetting is a pain but thank god there are subnetting calculators.

@deaguero: did you match his IP (pitabr) with the one from DoctorMax? If so, how did you get it without being a mod or admin on this site? just curious, maybe he used the same email or something?
I know, I've used some of these calculators, but I would still like to be able to do it manually and eventually fairly quickly
Old 01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Phil,

Just a suggestion. Cash it at the bank issueing the check instead of your's. That way it can be verified on the spot and if a cancellation notice happens to come afterwards you won't get charges on your regular bank account.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 M6
Fingerprints

Deaguero,

Assuming the physical cheque arrives, get it fingerprinted before you attempt to cash it in the event this incident continues to escalate.

From your other thread, there are some good arguments for mail fraud and if he doesn't deliver, you will give better evidence for a US Postal Inspection Service investigation.

If someone tried to pull this on me, I would be gunning to ensure he gets a cellie named Dexter who doesn't use lube.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by T Bone
Deaguero,

Assuming the physical cheque arrives, get it fingerprinted before you attempt to cash it in the event this incident continues to escalate.

From your other thread, there are some good arguments for mail fraud and if he doesn't deliver, you will give better evidence for a US Postal Inspection Service investigation.

If someone tried to pull this on me, I would be gunning to ensure he gets a cellie named Dexter who doesn't use lube.
How do you get it fingerprinted? Are there private labs that do that?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 M6
How do you get it fingerprinted? Are there private labs that do that?

Based on Deaguero's public address of La Qunita....

http://local.yahoo.com/results?stx=F...tfilt=96925931

There are private services available. I don't know the rules of evidence for Cali but if you ask, I am sure they will know the process, i.e. affidavit etc....

Go for the throat.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
I know, I've used some of these calculators, but I would still like to be able to do it manually and eventually fairly quickly
i had to learn all that last year, binary colums, hosts per subnet, etc. dont worry , it all goes away for a while, until the cert exam and then in the real world. you will have a few months of peace. in the cisco curriculum switching comes after subnetting so that was like a vacation, dont know whats next.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:52 PM

2004 E55
way to go Phil, hope you're golf game isn't as good as you at finding people...

we still need to meet and play next time I'm down there for business... which may be soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DoctorMax or pitbr & I have agreed to settle this transaction: