Retro fitting 3rd row seat in a wagon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'34 Lagonda, '69 280SL, '07 E63 wagon
Retro fitting 3rd row seat in a wagon?

Greetings,

New owner of an E63 wagon, I love it so far but its missing a few things I really wanted. (Parktronic, 3rd row seat, Keyless go)

Has anyone ever heard of the rear facing third row seat being retrofitted? It seems like it should physically fit in the space under the storage hatches. I'm hoping that there are some vestigial mounting points in there somewhere.

Also am I correct in understanding that E63 wagons with third row seating do NOT get a spare tire? but rather an air compressor and a can of industrial tire sealant ? This would imply that the only way it would fit would be to remove the spare tire.

Any guidance would be appreciated
Old 01-07-2008, 07:23 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by rich644
Greetings,

New owner of an E63 wagon, I love it so far but its missing a few things I really wanted. (Parktronic, 3rd row seat, Keyless go)

Has anyone ever heard of the rear facing third row seat being retrofitted? It seems like it should physically fit in the space under the storage hatches. I'm hoping that there are some vestigial mounting points in there somewhere.

Also am I correct in understanding that E63 wagons with third row seating do NOT get a spare tire? but rather an air compressor and a can of industrial tire sealant ? This would imply that the only way it would fit would be to remove the spare tire.

Any guidance would be appreciated
FWIW, my 2006 Wagon with 3rd row seating doesn't have a spare so you might be SOL there. The bottom cushion mounts onto little nubs on each side of the rear compartment in the middle bottom of it ... do you see those?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:10 PM

'34 Lagonda, '69 280SL, '07 E63 wagon
Originally Posted by joshd
FWIW, my 2006 Wagon with 3rd row seating doesn't have a spare so you might be SOL there. The bottom cushion mounts onto little nubs on each side of the rear compartment in the middle bottom of it ... do you see those?

Thanks for the response, that confirms that in order for the seats to fit, I'll have to live without a spare tire (which is OK) I have the compressor and I can always buy the sealer from my dealer.

I'll look for the nubs tonight. they are probably hidden under the grey felt compartment liner.

Now all I have to do is wait like a vulture for some wagon owner to have a devistating front end collision so I can get his seat parts
Old 01-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
I am in the process of converting the 3rd row to storage space tray. I have already have all the part to do it... just no time.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM
ON SUSPENSION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quite a few:)
Originally Posted by 55wagon
I am in the process of converting the 3rd row to storage space tray. I have already have all the part to do it... just no time.
Resurrecting an old thread..ever have any luck converting back to acc. room for a spare..? That goo is useless when you get a good sized hole....*@%@%!&!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 AM

'07 E63 wagon
I bought my '07 wagon without the tailgunner seat, and the dealer said that it wasn't retrofittable. Whether or not that's true I don't know, but it's what he said.