That's it, I've had it....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by ATKM5
Not really, ricey is different, this was a low rumble coming form a 4 cylinder engine.
Sounds like the HKS exhaust... Some of the exhaust systems for the Subbie's sound mean!

-AS
Old 01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
way2evil- Sounds great! The cutouts dont fully divert the exhaust to the atmosphere do they? They just let some of the exhaust out right, some of it still goes back through the mufflers?

I still have my resonator in tact and have eisenmann race muffler but I want it deeper
Old 01-16-2008, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
way2evil- Sounds great! The cutouts dont fully divert the exhaust to the atmosphere do they? They just let some of the exhaust out right, some of it still goes back through the mufflers?

I still have my resonator in tact and have eisenmann race muffler but I want it deeper
I had Eisenmann, then Eisenmann with no resonator, then I put back on the stock and went with the cutouts. The cutouts were much louder and deeper (more bass) than the Eisenmann was.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Here you go:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73029946&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37129541164754

Now I have all cats removed and its crazy Didnt want to remove resonators, cause I dont want too much resonance at low rpms...
Old 01-16-2008, 03:49 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by Skeeter
See, I disagree that the E55 is lacking in acoustic accompishment.

I think it it close to PERFECT for a high-performance daily driver. Luxury-car silent until you step into it. Then it produces a beautiful rumble with a touch of high-pitched whine thrown in. Low bass, you know it means business, but in a low key, mega-torque, professional kind of way. And that touch of blower scream is the icing on the cake.

While there are those among us who crave more decibels, to me this misses the point, accomplishment, and personaity that our cars embody. I think the volume and rumble matches the character of the car perfectly: The sleeper 4-door with endless torque, frightening power along with supreme comfort, silence, smooth ride and perfect visibility.

I've had pulley and ECM done so maybe she is louder than stock, with the occasionally rumble and pop going down hill and off throttle. Love the all-business rumble and whine from 3k rpm up, muted but all class and potency. Or keep the RPM low and treat yourself to near complete silence.

I wouldn't change a thing. The perfect Jeckyl and Hyde exhaust, silence with the low-pitched sound of a massaged V8 topped by the twin-screw blower a toe-tap away.

I was deep in enjoyment over this very issue this weekend on a cold San Francisco night drive across the Bay Bridge, through North Beach and back to Berkeley. Just a perfect match with the total package; the same way a finely tuned high RPM Italian V12 emits the Stradavrius wail at 7k rpm, only tuned for our giant killer V8S, muted and consistent with the mission statement of the car in the same way a tightly strung mid-engine V12 screams as the revs climb. The muted burble seems to match the huge torque in a perfect meeting of audio and adios. To have the car making tons of noise would end up making it feel LESS powerful, I suspect. As it is the twist comes only with the subtle but effective tone I've grown to appreciate as among my favorite aspects of the E.

Wouldn't change a thing. Though I do admit that I'll occasionally roll down all the windows through tunnels and let her rip

Love that E

Skeeter
Not to knock the E55, but the SL55 is closer to perfect...

~ Ian
Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

some exhaust makes it to the mufflers but the majority is spit out the cut outs. here is a pic of them open
Attached Thumbnails That's it, I've had it....-dsc_0012-medium-.jpg   That's it, I've had it....-dsc_0011-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by IanSL55
Not to knock the E55, but the SL55 is closer to perfect...

~ Ian
+1 and +2

Last edited by AMGfan; 01-17-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by way2evil
some exhaust makes it to the mufflers but the majority is spit out the cut outs. here is a pic of them open
It sounds so mean!!! I'm so tempted to do it. Why didnt you put the cutouts up before the resonstaor/cats?