W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

SC Heat Exchanger Pump Mystery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
SC Heat Exchanger Pump Mystery

I'm in the process of preparing my Johnson CM30 to wire directly up to the car's harness. To accomplish this, I am scavenging the female socket of the electrical connector from an old factory HE Bosch pump.

So I remove the bottom section of the pump with the electrical connector from the pump housing and here's what it looks like on the underside which is in the housing:

I was very surprised to see some small electrical component (resistor? capacitor? diode?) jumpered across the positive and negative terminals of the connector.

I'm wondering what this is, what it's for, and whether I should retain it when I solder the connector socket to the positive and negative wires of the CM30 pump.

Anyone have a clue?

Last edited by komp55; 01-19-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:38 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Leave it. It actually acts like a protector on the coil that this was hooked up to on the inside. Its very common to find a diode jumpered similarly to this on valves, etc. "+" --|<-- "-"
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
Thanks; I wonder if the Johnson CM30 pump already has a similar diode in place? And if any bad things would happen if a second one were added?