Sponsored by:

never ever going to sac raceway again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I am just trying to think of anything that can give you some insight on what to check to make sure everything is ok.

I am not interested in pointing fingers.. I just want to resolve the problem and get your car running the way it should. I am sure Adam is the same.

We went through a few things and so far no luck.. The only 2 things I can think of based on other people making power with these things is the "too much timing" idea in the ECU or something that was missed during install. That's all the possibilities that are left...

If the MB tech says the 1tooth thing would be VERY noticeable then we can scratch that off the list.. I wasnt trying to say "IT IS" 1 tooth off.. I was just making suggestions.

Let Oliver look at the ECU.. If the hardware and install was perfect then it has to be software related because there is no issues with all the other ones that were sold.

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
2 good points Vic timing and 1 tooth off.
I will say I talked to a friend today (MBZ tech)about the 1 tooth off idea and he said hell no I would notice it and it would be worse than 10HP. he also went on to say some cams dont work with to much boost and maybe the EVO pully is to much????
what he did say was like tommy 2500 said check the timing. my cars runs decent kinda odd but I have no clue what it should run like? It has died on me once when I started it up and went into reverse but fired right back up.
I think I will wait for Oliver to look at it, if he comes anytime soon!

I have a great Idea after oliver looks at it and if its still the same I will ship my car to VRP have you guys swap the cams to stock dyno re swap to the VRP cams and dyno again. If I get the 25HP and car runs good I pay for everything (well Adam will,lol.) If not you guys pay for everything!

No one is comming straight out and sayin its the other persons fault but by Vic sayin if its one tooth off, that pretty much says its faulty install and by Adam sayin they make no power well its like hes sayin they make no power. Either way Im getting F-ed. I know neither of you guys are crooks and want my car to run great but the fact is its not. Im not tryin to start a thing between you guys either Im just tryin to get my car to run right. for all I know its something stupid like a vaccume hose thats not conected?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
vic,

just thinking out loud and speaking from experience , your cams don't used pressed on lobes like the slr cams do they...