Mustang Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Mustang Dyno Results

Took my car today to get a baseline before getting the headers installed. I went to Logic Motorsports in Anaheim. Very nice dyno setup. Dyno is all new and clean looking.

Anyway, I didnt have much time as I was trying to juggle 3 different things. Did 1 run, and it exceeded dyno speed. Didnt realize car was in 5th gear. Tried it again and got some low numbers.

Cooled it off for 5-10 minutes with some fans and tried it again. Got a max power of 427 HP and torque of 537. I was told to add 10% to get it similar to dynojet numbers for HP, so that would be about 460 rwhp on a dynojet. So Im pretty happy with the results. Im sure the numbers would have been much better if I had given it another 10 minutes to cool off.

Only thing Im not too happy is the torque curve is very jagged. I'll try to scan them in later tonite. I just got back home from being out since 12.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
just realized that the corrected numbers were somehow mixed.

So the WCF HP is 416 and the WCF torque is 522.6

I think the graph has the non corrected power with the corrected torque. But either way, the torque curve is still jacked.

Last edited by psk145; 01-21-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by psk145
Took my car today to get a baseline before getting the headers installed. I went to Logic Motorsports in Anaheim. Very nice dyno setup. Dyno is all new and clean looking.

Anyway, I didnt have much time as I was trying to juggle 3 different things. Did 1 run, and it exceeded dyno speed. Didnt realize car was in 5th gear. Tried it again and got some low numbers.

Cooled it off for 5-10 minutes with some fans and tried it again. Got a max power of 427 HP and torque of 537. I was told to add 10% to get it similar to dynojet numbers for HP, so that would be about 460 rwhp on a dynojet. So Im pretty happy with the results. Im sure the numbers would have been much better if I had given it another 10 minutes to cool off.

Only thing Im not too happy is the torque curve is very jagged. I'll try to scan them in later tonite. I just got back home from being out since 12.
What mods does your car have?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Charles, I had it all set up for you to go on the same Dynojet that everyone uses - today. You asked me last week to make it happen.

Favors were pulled and appointments were moved. Yet you came up with an excuse that you could not make it.

I guess this where you were. You choose to go on the dyno noone uses, where you have to fudge numbers 10%, or is it 12%?

Do you add or do you substract??

Do you know?

Do we know?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Charles, I had it all set up for you to go on the same Dynojet that everyone uses - today. You asked me last week to make it happen.

Favors were pulled and appointments were moved. Yet you came up with an excuse that you could not make it.

I guess this where you were. You choose to go on the dyno noone uses, where you have to fudge numbers 10%, or is it 12%?

Do you know?

Do we know?

You told me today about 12pm. I said that would be perfect. When you told me at 11 it would have to be pushed to 2pm since the shop was doing jangy's car and then someone elses, I said I couldnt make it since that would push my past the time I needed to take my son somewhere. I assumed an appointment time of 2 would realistically be 2:30 or 3.

I clearly told you on the phone that my headers were ready, and I needed to drop the car off today, so that I wouldnt miss my window of opportunity. So I needed a dyno done early in the afternoon. I could have sworn you even chuckled some when I talked about getting it to Jose before he moved to something else.

Im just simply posting my results with some complaints about my torque curve, which has nothing to do with what dyno it was done on. Take it for what its worth. Just thought it would be interesting to post my results on a different dyno, but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by psk145; 01-22-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
What mods does your car have?
renntech pulley & software, vrp airbox and eisenmann race. This was done to get a baseline before headers
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I see the time shown on there is 5pm or so. I can see how this can be seen as blowing you off. I was there at 12:45 pm getting it done. My son's skate lessons are at 4 in aliso viejo, so there is no way I was there at 5. I hope this is why you're a bit upset, and I can understand if thats the case.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Charles, you are my good friend, but i gotta agree on the irrelevence of a random max run.

I'm not gonna post the dyno runs you had on the dynojet, but you are welcome to, if you feel it relevent.
What I keep trying to get you to look at is NOT max HP number. It means nothing on any given day. You need to look at the dyno / AF ratios as a two dimensional tool to see how the car is running and how it changes when you mod it. It is all relative.
My concerns with your tune have NEVER been about max HP or TQ. It has been about the shape of your curves and more importantly, the top end (which is exactly where I have said other tunes fail). There is a dip in the midrange (that you must feel) and then the A/Fs dump at 5500 RPM, right?
VRP/ PC Tune has my car running at 11 - 11.4 A/F at OVER 6000 and up to 6500 RPM. Also, note the true useable power in the band that you drive. the VRP / PC tune is similar to the OEM tune (nice and flat). The "other" dropped off pretty well.

I've told you before, go to PC and let them put the Jangy flash on for a week and see what you honestly think? If you are interested, talk to me and I'll set it up, even if I pay for it. I have always told you that I feel responsible for your tune and I do. I know you have put so much time in that you are ready to move on, but i really think it will improve your perspective if you give it a try. All of this shows itself even more as we add TB and headers.

Either way, you are gonna LOVE IT!! Let me know about the headers.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yup yup, Charles texted me that he was going with VRP and then that the schedule messed up, so he couldn't. Charles has been pushing this header project (including funding it) for quite some time and has had some challenges motivating fabricators to work on this project.
Either way, everything rolls downhill. I think I need headers about now and Charle's dedication to this project may have ended up offering the best low budget shorty on the market?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Charles, you are my good friend, but i gotta agree on the irrelevence of a random max run.

I'm not gonna post the dyno runs you had on the dynojet, but you are welcome to, if you feel it relevent.
What I keep trying to get you to look at is NOT max HP number. It means nothing on any given day. You need to look at the dyno / AF ratios as a two dimensional tool to see how the car is running and how it changes when you mod it. It is all relative.
My concerns with your tune have NEVER been about max HP or TQ. It has been about the shape of your curves and more importantly, the top end (which is exactly where I have said other tunes fail). There is a dip in the midrange (that you must feel) and then the A/Fs dump at 5500 RPM, right?
VRP/ PC Tune has my car running at 11 - 11.4 A/F at OVER 6000 and up to 6500 RPM. Also, note the true useable power in the band that you drive. the VRP / PC tune is similar to the OEM tune (nice and flat). The "other" dropped off pretty well.

I've told you before, go to PC and let them put the Jangy flash on for a week and see what you honestly think? If you are interested, talk to me and I'll set it up, even if I pay for it. I have always told you that I feel responsible for your tune and I do. I know you have put so much time in that you are ready to move on, but i really think it will improve your perspective if you give it a try. All of this shows itself even more as we add TB and headers.

Either way, you are gonna LOVE IT!! Let me know about the headers.
I agree with you 100%. Like I said, my main goal was to get a baseline before the header install. Jose called me this morning saying drop off the car cause they're ready. You know I've been waiting since May for these, so I was stoked.

I have no problems trying out the PC software, the curves look wonderful. I just want to do a dyno after the headers to see what gains there are, using the same RT software, and then move forward from there. I couldnt do the PC anyway given the short amount of time I had
Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Just thought it would be interesting to post my results on a different dyno, but I guess I was wrong.
Ok, so now it is on different dyno.

How does it correlate to Dynojet??? 10%, 12% 15% Who knows???

Mustangs are known for non-repeable numbers.

So now if you post any gains with the headers, how does one know what correction factors were used?

Charles, you just wasted your afternoon and my morning trying to get you in on repeatable Dynojet - this is why I am upset. You asked me to look at your dyno and help you with - I can not help you, you used the wrong dyno - this is why I am upset.

P.S. Victor has a new air box on the way for you. I will call you when it is here.

Last edited by Vadim @ FD; 01-22-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Charles, one thing Vadim taught me is not to rush the data. If you are really wanting to develop a proper shorty header, it needs to get put on and off a few times and loads of datalogging to occur. Go let Jose strap the things on and see how you like it. then, you can take the car to stock and heaven as you please.

That is what we did. i got to drive my car with teh new pulley BEFORE my baseline. I enjoyed it for a few days and brought the car in. Vadim had George take it back to stock and they started their work.

LOL!!!! Charles is so eager for his headers, but I may want a set, too please. i'm ready to get them bolted tomorrow, if you want a test male?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Do you know?

Do we know?
Vadim, which dyno shop do you use? Or do you have your own dyno at your shop?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Ok, so now it is on different dyno.

How does it correlate to Dynojet???

Mustangs are known for non-repeable numbers.

So now if you post any gains with the headers, how does one know what correction factors were used.

Charles, you just wasted your afternoon and my morning trying to get you in on repeatable Dynojet - this is why I am upset.

P.S. Victor has a new air box on the way for you. I will call you when it is here.

Vadim,

My apologies for wasting your morning. I thought my time was scheduled for when the shop was finished with its already scheduled appointments. I didnt know that schedules were rearranged. Like I told you shortly after the time was pushed to 2, that time would push me past my obligations I had.

I hope you can understand my urgency at getting a dyno done before the header. I was not aware of the non repeatable numbers. It was my assumption that as long as pre and post dynos were done on the same dyno, things would be OK. I almost positive I told you on the phone that I was going to take it to a mustang dyno.

Thanks for the update on the box. It was whistling pretty good on the dyno.

Anyway, sorry again, there was no ill intention on my part, and I truely appreciate all the effort that you've done for me.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Charles, one thing Vadim taught me is not to rush the data. If you are really wanting to develop a proper shorty header, it needs to get put on and off a few times and loads of datalogging to occur. Go let Jose strap the things on and see how you like it. then, you can take the car to stock and heaven as you please.

That is what we did. i got to drive my car with teh new pulley BEFORE my baseline. I enjoyed it for a few days and brought the car in. Vadim had George take it back to stock and they started their work.

LOL!!!! Charles is so eager for his headers, but I may want a set, too please. i'm ready to get them bolted tomorrow, if you want a test male?
these things were supposed to be done in MAY before my surgery! Remember I was apologizing because they werent. I just wanted my car in there and fitted with them. Once everything fits, Im driving off with those while a new one is made and coated. Thats why I wanted to dyno before, and then shortly after to see if there are actual gains before the new set was made and put on.

I dont think anyone wants you as a "test male"

Hopefully they'll be on tomorrow
Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
renntech pulley & software, vrp airbox and eisenmann race. This was done to get a baseline before headers
With that setup, you should be at least around 460 to 470 whp. You should dyno your car again on a dyno jet so that you can get a more consistent base dyno. Also, you can send your graphs to RennTech in case they have new versions.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I dont think anyone wants you as a "test male"
Crackitty CRACK!!

Any pics?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
With that setup, you should be at least around 460 to 470 whp. You should dyno your car again on a dyno jet so that you can get a more consistent base dyno. Also, you can send your graphs to RennTech in case they have new versions.

I'll spank him silly.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'll spank him silly.
I had a feeling you'd comment on that
Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I had a feeling you'd comment on that

I'm all pumped. it has been feeling better with each trip. I need 80mm ASAP and then headers and clean stainless all the way back (from after the primary cats).

I'm hoping for 100 /100 gains over stock by then and am thinking that'll happen. That should put my traps into the 120s.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Crackitty CRACK!!

Any pics?
of the headers or your crack?

crack=hell no

headers look like the prototype ones I posted a while back, just fully welded. They're just an ugly stainless set now. I'll take pics when my coated set is done. Actually, I should stop talking about these now. Probably jinx myself again and push these back until october
Old 01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
of the headers or your crack?

crack=hell no

headers look like the prototype ones I posted a while back, just fully welded. They're just an ugly stainless set now. I'll take pics when my coated set is done. Actually, I should stop talking about these now. Probably jinx myself again and push these back until october
Nah, knock it out. I'm number 2. Email me about the future plans.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If you keep cracking at my crack, I'm gonna post it for you. I already may have caused Vic some permanent damage as it is.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
If you keep cracking at my crack, I'm gonna post it for you. I already may have caused Vic some permanent damage as it is.
I double dog dare you
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
have you guys been drinking, lol, man Im LMAO and I do not know why??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mustang Dyno Results