W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 pulls on Ferrari 360 Modena

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
E63 pulls on Ferrari 360 Modena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdp6SO5p9wU

Good stuff!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Not shocking. Ferraris are fast, but the entry-level ones aren't that fast...

I had a friend with a 355-F1 that I used to tool around in, which has similar power and weight to the 360. It was fun but not really blistering. Even back then, he was getting outrun by lightly modded SS camaros and corvettes.

I think their factory 0-60 numbers are exaggerated also. Unless it's a F1 edition where you don't have to worry about it, then the sunday driver or the kid driving dad's car that you are going to run up against aren't going to be able to match the test driver's shifts. That stupid gate is impossible to shift quickly.

There is a big difference as you move up the model range, though... The V12's are lethal.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Back when Sunny55 had his E55 we DESTROYED a Modena on the West Side Highway. It was late, we were leaving Marquee, and these two tools had been sitting in their "look at me" red Modena outside the club for practically the entire time we were there. Obviously they thought it was their best shot at picking up chicks. Anyway as we were leaving Sunny, drunk and angered, yells, "COME AROUND THE CORNER AND GET SOME YOU $(&#$(*#$($*@#&#%$&$^#$*$#%#(%&#($*@%&&". I can't quite type it here, but let's say it was a deeply insulting string of invective that incited half of the crowd outside to point and laugh at said tools.

They followed us around the corner and we hopped in the car, both parties blasted down to the wessiiiiiide. We lined up at the red light, he revved his little F-car for everything it was worth, and bam at the green we put a solid two lengths on him right out of the hole. Sunny really knew how to fire that thing off the line, and we went at it for about 8 blocks before hitting traffic. Needless to say the guys wouldn't look at us very much after that.

P.S. all of this really happened in Mexico City, Mexico while we were on vacation.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Back when Sunny55 had his E55 we DESTROYED a Modena on the West Side Highway. It was late, we were leaving Marquee, and these two tools had been sitting in their "look at me" red Modena outside the club for practically the entire time we were there. Obviously they thought it was their best shot at picking up chicks. Anyway as we were leaving Sunny, drunk and angered, yells, "COME AROUND THE CORNER AND GET SOME YOU $(&#$(*#$($*@#&#%$&$^#$*$#%#(%&#($*@%&&". I can't quite type it here, but let's say it was a deeply insulting string of invective that incited half of the crowd outside to point and laugh at said tools.

They followed us around the corner and we hopped in the car, both parties blasted down to the wessiiiiiide. We lined up at the red light, he revved his little F-car for everything it was worth, and bam at the green we put a solid two lengths on him right out of the hole. Sunny really knew how to fire that thing off the line, and we went at it for about 8 blocks before hitting traffic. Needless to say the guys wouldn't look at us very much after that.

P.S. all of this really happened in Mexico City, Mexico while we were on vacation.
It's stories like this that make you appreciate AMG's and the legacy the 55k cars will leave behind.