Sponsored by:

Big Ups to Serg @ Penske Benz Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Ups to Serg @ Penske Benz Service

I have probably serviced my cars in every Mercedes dealership in Orange County and Los Angeles throughout the years. Almost everytime, regardless of the cause of the problem, the stealers usually try to blame the problem on modifications that were done to my cars, and refuse to service my vehicles , and they do all this while knowing darn well that there are hundreds of STOCK cars running around with the same exact issues. I almost gave up on Mercedes in General for that reason alone, and I was planning to get a C63 in the near future, to replace the ML. When driving these high powered beasts that tend to break down more often than not, the warranty and Service is Very important, at least to me it is.

I recently met Serg from Penske Mercedes at a local Mercedes BBQ, and I explained to him the issues I was having with my car. He is a Master technician over @ Penske in West Covina. He asked me to bring him the car, and assured me he would take care of it, and at least take a good look at what the actual cause of the problems were. To my surprise None of the issues I was having had anything to do with any modifications that I had done to my car. I got a call three days later, and the car was ready to be picked up. I got to the Service department, and they handed me my 5 page reciept, detailing the various jobs that were performed.

This dealership and mostly Serg went above and beyond to make sure the car was in top notch shape, and even fixed things that I didnt know were faulty, that he found along the way.

My Original Warranty is up in March , and I was considering selling the car, but now, it feels and drives like its brand new, so thanks to Penske Mercedes and mainly Serg, Im keeping the E55 for a looooong time
Old 01-25-2008, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'm glad you were able to finally fix all issues in your car. Did you have the car fixed before or after our Fontana track day. If the car was fixed after the track day, then we need to get you back at the track because that means your car can easily pull 11.60s

By the way, Serg needs to open his own shop and start servicing mbworld.org member's cars
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I'm glad you were able to finally fix all issues in your car. Did you have the car fixed before or after our Fontana track day. If the car was fixed after the track day, then we need to get you back at the track because that means your car can easily pull 11.60s

By the way, Serg needs to open his own shop and start servicing mbworld.org member's cars
I got the car fixed after Fontana I also had a header leak in Fontana. And i was launching in comfort, and on street tires. Next time ill have slicks, no header leak, and Ill be starting in first gear
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
I got the car fixed after Fontana I also had a header leak in Fontana. And i was launching in comfort, and on street tires. Next time ill have slicks, no header leak, and Ill be starting in first gear
AWSOME !!!!!

On drag radials, your car will definately pull 11.50s

Damn it, now I can't freakin wait until our next track event
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM

06 e55 wagon
would you be willing to scan the invoice or type up the major service items performed?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I also recommend Juan @ Penske W.C.

he knows all the issues with the kompressor engines...

torque converted, transmission issues, kompressor clutch, and the IC pump.

he drove my car and I went along for the ride. It only took him 1 block to diagnose a problem with my torque converter and transmission.

got both replaced under CPO. He also replaced my kompressor clutch to the newer model.

When you call for service. you can request to have Juan Master Tech to service your car if needs major work. Don't waste his time with oil changes and other regular scheduled repairs.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by TopGun32
diagnose a problem with my torque converter and transmission.

got both replaced under CPO. He also replaced my kompressor clutch to the newer model.
How many miles on the car? 40K?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I also recommend Juan @ Penske W.C.

he knows all the issues with the kompressor engines...

torque converted, transmission issues, kompressor clutch, and the IC pump.

he drove my car and I went along for the ride. It only took him 1 block to diagnose a problem with my torque converter and transmission.

When you call for service. you can request to have Juan Master Tech to service your car if needs major work. Don't waste his time with oil changes and other regular scheduled repairs.
what are the Symptoms of a
torque converted, transmission issues?

as i know about the other two,but not Familiar with these two problems

thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jangy
How many miles on the car? 40K?
38k.. correct.

the symptoms were.. jerky up and downshift from 1st and 2nd.. and when turning.. feeling there was no torque being applied to the wheels (almost like the trans was slipping)

also.. during freeway driving.. slow roll.. the transmission would jerk when slowing down..

the car still have this behavior, but much improved.

they replaced both the transmissiona and torque converter.. my car was at the shop 2 weeks.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM

Fun car: 1964 Fiat 500 D
I've heard good things from the Penske dealership and bad things from MB Laguna Niguel. I'd go to Penske myself
Old 01-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
38k.. correct.
Good guess, huh? Basically I'm hearing lots of modded E55s in under 40K miles and stock ones coming in right after warranty!
Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Hey ed, hope the car is treating u well. See u soon thnx
Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by sergs99m3
Hey ed, hope the car is treating u well. See u soon thnx
What up bro. I need some warranty / service (D) work as soon as the car comes back from VRP. Can you lower yourself for that kinda work, too?

We need to have an install party over at HMS.