W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Creative and RennTech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Just for the record, I am demanding $22k in losses and damages. I guess I never made that clear?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by supre55
I am in a similiar boat with my Renntech pulley. It has a terrible wobble that the tuner claims is not covered under their or Renntech's warranty. I also get a nice little rattle when the s/c clutch engages as I think that it adds additional stress on the pulley.
all three of mine have had a wobble as well, but I've been told that some wobble was normal

I dont remember if the stock pulley did it though, or if it wobbled right after install, before the bolt backed out the first time
Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by supre55
I am in a similiar boat with my Renntech pulley. It has a terrible wobble that the tuner claims is not covered under their or Renntech's warranty. I also get a nice little rattle when the s/c clutch engages as I think that it adds additional stress on the pulley.
that's not good. I'd have the car checked out at a reputable place before driving it further. Your engine may be in danger!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 PM
DKM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
pshhhh...madar gendeh ah. Too bad.

Originally Posted by jangy
I can only get into certain details, but here is my opinion:

I was getting really into MB modifications and saw that Sd had a void. I searched and searched and found no shop in town that was capable of handling a $100K car for any reasonable price.

I am sure everyone knows the relationship between Creative and the old Autowerks. It was the leftovers from Autowerks that introduced me to Creative. Jame's initial intention was good. i believe he saw the potential in catering to our group, but had RennTech red tape to deal with. At the time, adam was also a rennTech dealer. I asked for a group buy and was intending to go with Adam, except he wouldn't come down here. Eventually, James offered us the same price in SD. I contacted RennTech and asked about Creative as an install shop and was told (much as the website states) that Creative is indeed an authorized dealer of RennTech performance parts. 4 cars all paid up front for stage 1. Of those four cars, I believe 1 is running properly. One was refunded after repeated attempts at tuning. And one gave up after 3 pulleys and how many tunes? Mine was a different case. The pulley bolt came out. the Pulley began to back out and in the process tore up the interior of the pulley and the woodruff key. I can not comment on the repair, other than to say that it took 3 months and the car was not in my possession that entire time. Then, James and i discussed restitution for the loss. A plan was reached on a number of occassions, but no financial action was ever taken. I pressed the issue, asking for a written agreement and all I have is a hand written schedule of payments and or parts that Creative is to make to me. None of those dealines were met and as usual typical excuses were given. I called James' bluff and he went on a tirade on me. Since then, i sent one email to he and Ken simply giving them a final chance to take action. 30 days passed and so I signed the papers.
Hope that helps.