Sponsored by:

New Tint on my E63...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 E63, '08 ML350
New Tint on my E63...

Had the windows on my E63 tinted last weekend. Based on the recommendations of some friends, I decided to go with the Huper Optik 40 ceramic tint. It is exactly the shade I was looking for, dark enough, but not too dark...want to avoid getting hassled by the cops.

Big thumbs up to Songs Tint Masters (STM) in Los Angeles. They did a great job on my car. Highly recommend STM to any folks in the So. Cal. area. Here are some pics taken right after the install.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Nice job! Can't go wrong with huper Opitk films. If you don't mind me asking, around how much did you pay to have all windows tinted? You could PM me if you like.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Looks great man. Tint is spot on. I always prefer a light, classy tint so good job.

Funnily enough I was going to call there and was quoted 475, I believe. I was going to go in but the dealer had their ceramic guy do it and I couldnt be happier with the results.

Your E63 now looks complete

One thing. Replace the orange side markers with clear (i went body colored but mine don't have bulbs) and cruise Euro-style. Maybe lose front plate too.

Will likely see you around L.A.

By the way, did you get the windshield done too? I didn't but hard to tell from your pics.

Again, your car looks great.

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 02-05-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 E63, '08 ML350
Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
Nice job! Can't go wrong with huper Opitk films. If you don't mind me asking, around how much did you pay to have all windows tinted? You could PM me if you like.
Like Carl stated, STM charges $475 for the side and rear windows. If you want the front windshield tinted also, it's $700.

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
By the way, did you get the windshield done too? I didn't but hard to tell from your pics.

Again, your car looks great.
Thanks Carl. Any input on where to buy the clear markers?

And no, I didn't get the front windshield done. It just looks dark from the angle of the picture. Strange thing with the ceramic film, it can appear light at one angle and dark from another. Either way, I still love the look. Still can see the blue hue from the factory tint.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
I got mine paint matched for $60 including refitting. I went to Platinum on Melrose. Ask for AZ and have him order two smoked side reflectors for your 08 E63. They'll look miles better and still light up orange when the lights are on so the police will stay away. I had this done on my gray P-car.

It'll take them 2-3days to get the markers in, then just go in and they'll pop out the old ones and plug and rewire the new ones.

You'll feel whole once it's done