Sponsored by:

E63 Suspension Prob--HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 Suspension Prob--HELP!

I have everything set on Comfort (C) mode (shift and suspension). I have the vehicle set on Raise. I've noticed after parking the vehicle, turning off the engine, and locking the doors, it lowers slightly (as indicated in the manual). That I understand. However, after being parked for a while a couple of hours, I return to the vehicle only to find one side (usually the driver's side rear) lower than the passengers side rear, especially in extreme cold weather, compared to when garaged. The front of the car on both driver and passenger sides don't seem to lower much if any at all. My untrained guess would be a bad shock losing air, or is this normal. I know the car has a special dampening/suspension system along with the height adjustment. Has anyone ever heard of this kind of thing happening. I don't know where to begin. Is it normal. Please help. Thanks, MW

Last edited by mwiseltier; 02-11-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by mwiseltier
I have everything set on Comfort (C) mode (shift and suspension). I have the vehicle set on Raise. I've noticed after parking the vehicle, turning off the engine, and locking the doors, it lowers slightly (as indicated in the manual). That I understand. However, after being parked for a while a couple of hours, I return to the vehicle only to find one side (usually the driver's side rear) lower than the passengers side rear, especially in extreme cold weather, compared to when garaged. The front of the car on both driver and passenger sides don't seem to lower much if any at all. My untrained guess would be a bad shock losing air, or is this normal. I know the car has a special dampening/suspension system along with the height adjustment. Has anyone ever heard of this kind of thing happening. I don't know where to begin. Is it normal. Please help. Thanks, MW

The airmatic does this , it happens on my car and it is based on the ground being un-level. As long as there is not a failed module which would cause the car to sit on the wheel you likely are seeing normal action .what you describe seems normal IMHO..