W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

city lights questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 03:54 PM

03' E55 AMG
city lights questions...

i think they are called the city lights. its the bulb in the 2 middle lenses. i purchased the piaa 19172 extreme white bulbs. anybody have some good instructions on installing them? possibly a link?

I opened up my hood and said whoa!! not going to start tearing up my car just for some bulbs.

TIA!
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:00 PM

2004 E55
I just did mine on my 04 a few weeks ago. Really straight forward, and Im assuming it would be the same for you.

Just reached down, grabbed the light harness (shook it while looking from the outside to make sure I was holding the right light) and twisted it. It pops out easily.

From there, just plug and play the new bulbs.

Btw...I put in the same bulbs and they shine too blue for my tastes. Lmk how yours look. There was a post on this a while back, with pics, and the lights did not look as blue as mine do, but

Hope this helps. Gluck.
Old 02-12-2008 | 08:05 PM

03' E55 AMG
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
I just did mine on my 04 a few weeks ago. Really straight forward, and Im assuming it would be the same for you.

Just reached down, grabbed the light harness (shook it while looking from the outside to make sure I was holding the right light) and twisted it. It pops out easily.

From there, just plug and play the new bulbs.

Btw...I put in the same bulbs and they shine too blue for my tastes. Lmk how yours look. There was a post on this a while back, with pics, and the lights did not look as blue as mine do, but

Hope this helps. Gluck.
mine came out white! just got them in! thanks for your help.