W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to pull the trigger on a 06 E55 for 57k...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Congrats!! You will love the car!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by kipper215
I would lease it for a very short term. the 55 is now a depreciation pit. auction prices are around 37K to 42K.

a short lease like 24 months the body style is changing soon so, even the 63's will be dropping in price like a rock.
Do you mean 37-42 for an 06? That is crazy talk. We need the recent auction prices to look at.

Vic: Can you help?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by C32madness
the car has 16,000 miles and is perfect inside and out. It comes CPO with 100,000 mile warranty. Should I be aware of any downsides of this year?

Currently I drive a 2000 audi S4 that is well modded. It is a fun car but has gotten old commuting with. The E55 is comfortable but feels boatly in compairson. I am also having trouble with the size of the car. I know like all car changes it just takes some time to get use to. Have any of you guys regretted the purchase because of the weight, handling and overall numbness?

THIA

I own both. just keep the S4
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by sack5000
Do you mean 37-42 for an 06? That is crazy talk. We need the recent auction prices to look at.

Vic: Can you help?

I am a car dealer.

MMR on a few are as follows.

2006 e55 27k miles $53,200
2005 e55 20k miles $44,000
2004 e55 67k miles $34,200

here are the two cheapest and most expensive.

2003-
options:ABS Brakes, Air Conditioning, CD Changer, Cooled Seats, Cruise Control, Directional Stability Control, Dual Air Conditioning, Fog Lamps, Heated Seats, HomeLink, Memory Seat, On-Board Computer, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Telescopic Steering, Power Tilt Steering, Power Trunk/Liftgate, Power Windows, Rear Defroster, Security System, Steering Wheel Audio Control, Sunshade - Power, Supercharger, Traction Control, Trip Computer, Trip Counter, US EPA Label, Wheels - Alloy, Woodgrain Interior Package, Xenon Headlights
******MMR value $31,700 with 57,901 miles

here is a 2006 going to the auction on 2/19
OPTIONS -50 State Emissions, ABS Brakes, Air Conditioning, Auto-Suspension, Cooled Seats, Cruise Control, Directional Stability Control, Dual Air Conditioning, First Aid Kit, Floor Mats, Fog Lamps, Hand Tool Kit, Heated Seats, HomeLink, Memory Seat, Navigation System, On-Board Computer, Owner's Manual, Panoramic Glass Roof, Parking Distance Control, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Telescopic Steering, Power Tilt Steering, Power Windows, Rain Sensor Windshield, Rear Defroster, Ride Control, Satellite Radio, Security System, Steering Wheel Audio Control, Sunshade - Power, Telescopic Steering Wheel, Tilt Steering Wheel, Tire Inflator, Traction Control, Trip Computer, US EPA Label, Warranty Books, Wheels - Alloy, Woodgrain Interior Package
*****MMR $53,200 WITH 27K MILES

The MMR price is like a kelly blue book for car dealers. The actual selling price will vary, sometimes by a few $K

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tommy25000; 02-15-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:01 PM

2004 E55 AMG
I've talked to four dealer and if you want to trade in an AMG they want to give you auction price.

It's sad because that make KBB and edmunds useless when it comes to trading in your car. KBB will tell you your car is worth one price and the dealer says I can only give you this much because this is what I can get the car for at auction.

it actually hurts the dealer in the end. with longer terms on auto loans and dealers not following KBB, people are keeping their cars longer, selling their cars on consignment, and l looking for internet dealers that sell the same product for far cheaper than the big boys.

I guess it's the way of the world.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by kipper215
I've talked to four dealer and if you want to trade in an AMG they want to give you auction price.

It's sad because that make KBB and edmunds useless when it comes to trading in your car. KBB will tell you your car is worth one price and the dealer says I can only give you this much because this is what I can get the car for at auction.

it actually hurts the dealer in the end. with longer terms on auto loans and dealers not following KBB, people are keeping their cars longer, selling their cars on consignment, and l looking for internet dealers that sell the same product for far cheaper than the big boys.

I guess it's the way of the world.
Yes, a nicely optioned '06 E55 with low ticks will cost you $60. More w/ CPO. Get something from the auction and it will be a POS with high miles and poor condition that is covered up. Prices haven't fallen as much as you think.

The stealer is out to make money and that will never change. If you are patient and *** with 'em long enough you can cut a good deal but they will still make money.

Internet deals are the most risky when the cars are purchased without the proper on-site inspections. They sell the cars cheaper but underneath most of these rides are POS. Not all but most, lemon cars, flood cars, body and painted on cars, rolled back mileage, etc. Buyer beware.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:27 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by sack5000
Yes, a nicely optioned '06 E55 with low ticks will cost you $60. More w/ CPO. Get something from the auction and it will be a POS with high miles and poor condition that is covered up. Prices haven't fallen as much as you think.

The stealer is out to make money and that will never change. If you are patient and *** with 'em long enough you can cut a good deal but they will still make money.

Internet deals are the most risky when the cars are purchased without the proper on-site inspections. They sell the cars cheaper but underneath most of these rides are POS. Not all but most, lemon cars, flood cars, body and painted on cars, rolled back mileage, etc. Buyer beware.
Not all dealers are out to steal from you. I sell all my cars for cheaper than even private parties. I would rather sell lots of cars for less than less for lots. There are still honest people in the car market, you just have to look a little.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 AM

E55 AMG
I can relate and abolutely can assure you it is a better move than you may even realize at first.

Had a 05 S4. Fun, loved it, drove the s out of it.
The Benz felt boaty at first and thought initially that I had made a mistake.

Give it 3 weeks of solid driving and learn to use the cars gearing in S mode. Particularly 2 gear as you wind around turns and exit with fury before getting into 3rd.
You will soon realize that you stepped into a totally different realm.
Plus the joys of ownership include the fact that you are pulling up in seriously snazzy set of wheels in the highest echelon of all world cars.
Good choice indeed!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by IMG-AMG
I can relate and abolutely can assure you it is a better move than you may even realize at first.

Had a 05 S4. Fun, loved it, drove the s out of it.
The Benz felt boaty at first and thought initially that I had made a mistake.

Give it 3 weeks of solid driving and learn to use the cars gearing in S mode. Particularly 2 gear as you wind around turns and exit with fury before getting into 3rd.
You will soon realize that you stepped into a totally different realm.
Plus the joys of ownership include the fact that you are pulling up in seriously snazzy set of wheels in the highest echelon of all world cars.
Good choice indeed!
as far as sedans go, a flying spur, silver seraph, phantom, or maybach would be higher echelon than an e class......... don't get me wrong i love my e55 though!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:32 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by jpohl402
as far as sedans go, a flying spur, silver seraph, phantom, or maybach would be higher echelon than an e class......... don't get me wrong i love my e55 though!!
Those cars are very nice and well built... but they are not going to pull an 11 sec pass anytime soon