W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bi Xenon retrofit 50 pics "56K no!"

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
Originally Posted by timannnn
Basically you find either audi bi-xenon projectors or mercedes e55 projectors (not active xenon where light moves when you turn corners). The ones I have are audi's. The audi bolt pattern is slightly different than the factory halogen projectors but only by two holes.
[snip]
10. Now all that's left is wiring up the ballasts. On mine I mounted the philips ballast to the bottom of the headlight just like the factory. I also did the capacitor trick (it's in the w211 forum under hid sticky). The wiring is the same as installing an aftermarket "rebased" kit. For the bi xenon portion (getting the xenon high beams to work) I simply tapped into the factory high beam wiring (made it look factory too) to turn the solenoids on when hitting the high beams. It doesn't draw that much current so it will not throw any bulb error codes. At least on mine it doesn't. Now when I switch on the high beams I have the bi-xenon high beams and the factory 55 watt high beams. Let's just say "let there be light". It is extremely bright.
bumpin' a 3 YO post. I happen to have both e55 and audi projectors. Searched high & low, but I don't see anything about wiring up the bi-xenon solenoid on the forum.

I see this pix:

but timannnn's solution seems a LOT easier... will tapping the high beans eventually kill the solenoid? I'd think so.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Nice Rolex
Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 e55 amg
hid install

Hi i was wondering i see that you upgraded to oem bi xenon hid headlights. Do you know how to install aftermarket hid in e55 amg with bi xenon headlights already. mine are dole now and i switched to new bulbs and still very dem. so i wanted to install aftermarket ones. Do you know how to install them with?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350
Hi Yacht Master,

I tried installing active bixenon headlight on my 2007 E350 with halogen headlight but when I turn the light on it wouldn;t light up. Is this normal unitl the reprogramming occurs?