Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 Front Conversion Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Yes, if you have tools and are somewhat handy then YOU can DO IT! I've removed the bumper at my buddy's shop but unfortunately, we were in a rush and I did not document or take any pics. Just remember to use blue masking tape to tape off all corners and work over a blanket or something to avoid bumping and scraping the bumpers on mount and dismount.

Btw, if and when you guys start doing this don't forget to post your bumpers and hardware up for sale, hehe...
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Is the hood the same? I was under the impression that it may have been changed around the grill for the E63.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Is the hood the same? I was under the impression that it may have been changed around the grill for the E63.
Hood is the same, just the grill got pointy in the center. Also, my bodyshop buddy just confirmed that the older headlights will work and look great so no need to go to the new style unless you like the look and want to spend the money...
Old 02-28-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e55
updated headlights got the lines in it.. i'd prefer my old ones.. but how hard is it to take off a e55 bumper? i mean.. my last car, acura integra, i use to take that thing off couple times a week in the matter of minutes.. but i dont wanna take it off and sit there for a day or 2 figuring out how to take it off and back on
Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by III II I I AMG
updated headlights got the lines in it.. i'd prefer my old ones.. but how hard is it to take off a e55 bumper? i mean.. my last car, acura integra, i use to take that thing off couple times a week in the matter of minutes.. but i dont wanna take it off and sit there for a day or 2 figuring out how to take it off and back on
Not that hard actually. Obviously you have to go underneath and remove the lower engine cover first. Then you have to disconnect your fogs and corners and then start taking off all of the screws. If I remember and I don't confuse this with my W210, you have to unscrew and remove or push back the liners in the wheel wells to access screws there. Remove the screws on the headlights and one more just inside the headlights from the top and I can't remember but I think there might have been screws just behind the bumper strips or impact moldings and those slide off forward. I don't have the car with me at the office but I'll look later and try to refresh my memory. The W210 bumper was on and off in like 15-20 mins.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Hood is the same, just the grill got pointy in the center. Also, my bodyshop buddy just confirmed that the older headlights will work and look great so no need to go to the new style unless you like the look and want to spend the money...
Thanks, for some reason I though the hood changed to accommodate the reshaped grill.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
just some info for those who want to update the look of their 211:

PARKTRONIC: mercedes changed suplier of parktronic sensors meaning that the PTS sensors that fit the newstyle bumpers are completely different then the ones used before the modelupdate...it is not possible to use modelpdated sensors in combination with pre modelupdated control unit and rear sensors which means that one either has to change the PTS system (new sensors, new bumper harnesses front and rear, new control unit and a change of bumper harness connectors on the main harness) OR one has to try to get some oldskool parktronic brackets as they are glued into the CLK or SLK bumpers and glue those into the newstyle 211 bumper (but that will be hard as those brackets are not available separate and the ones used in the pre updated 211 bumpers are of no use for the updated 211 bumpers).

headlights: If one currently has pre updated xenon headlights with auto levelling feature then that auto leveling feature will NO LONGER work with the modelupdated headlights as mercedes changed the entire auto leveling system...so unless the auto leveling gets completely rewired and unless some control units get swapped and added! the auto leveling feature will no longer work (and might not even work after the wiring and components have been changed). In this case auto leveling and active cornering bixenons are controled by the same wiring and control unit and thus BOTH won't work after changing the pre updated headlights to updated headlights...If one currently has halogen headlights it is not that much of a hassle to change to updated halogen or bixenons (as there is no auto levelling in the US anyways).

hood: the hood is the same - the model updated grill fits in the old hood (distronic grills included).

bumper: the bumper support (the brackets on the inside) and the impact foam are different as well - you will need those as well when upgrading to the modelupdated bumper...same goes for some other small parts that are not listed above...so if you do plan to update the front - make sure you get it all at once

greetingz,
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
That just ended me quest.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Thanks for responding Steve.

He looked into this for me a while back. I have parktronic so I stopped.

I always begin my quest for these kinds of mods with Steve since he knows best. If he can't do it, then it's not worth pursuing further.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 AM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
what if we just wanted to get everything except the tail lights, xenon headlights, and no parktronics just the regular E63 bumper? how much are we talking about.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:59 PM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
just some info for those who want to update the look of their 211:

PARKTRONIC: mercedes changed suplier of parktronic sensors meaning that the PTS sensors that fit the newstyle bumpers are completely different then the ones used before the modelupdate...it is not possible to use modelpdated sensors in combination with pre modelupdated control unit and rear sensors which means that one either has to change the PTS system (new sensors, new bumper harnesses front and rear, new control unit and a change of bumper harness connectors on the main harness) OR one has to try to get some oldskool parktronic brackets as they are glued into the CLK or SLK bumpers and glue those into the newstyle 211 bumper (but that will be hard as those brackets are not available separate and the ones used in the pre updated 211 bumpers are of no use for the updated 211 bumpers).

headlights: If one currently has pre updated xenon headlights with auto levelling feature then that auto leveling feature will NO LONGER work with the modelupdated headlights as mercedes changed the entire auto leveling system...so unless the auto leveling gets completely rewired and unless some control units get swapped and added! the auto leveling feature will no longer work (and might not even work after the wiring and components have been changed). In this case auto leveling and active cornering bixenons are controled by the same wiring and control unit and thus BOTH won't work after changing the pre updated headlights to updated headlights...If one currently has halogen headlights it is not that much of a hassle to change to updated halogen or bixenons (as there is no auto levelling in the US anyways).

hood: the hood is the same - the model updated grill fits in the old hood (distronic grills included).

bumper: the bumper support (the brackets on the inside) and the impact foam are different as well - you will need those as well when upgrading to the modelupdated bumper...same goes for some other small parts that are not listed above...so if you do plan to update the front - make sure you get it all at once

greetingz,
Well well well, Hmmmmmmmmmm.

After doing some deep investating of front parktronic sensors from the e63 to the e55 and guess what I found? I found out that the sensors for the parktronic sensors are exactly the same but the harness is different. So, that means it's 100% do-able. LETS DO-IT. I just ordered mine
cost no more than $3,000.00 installed that's pretty good I think.

Now, as for you MBenzNL where in the world did you come up with the idea
that the sensors were totally different?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
95 C36
Originally Posted by W219CLS55

After doing some deep investating of front parktronic sensors from the e63 to the e55 and guess what I found? I found out that the sensors for the parktronic sensors are exactly the same but the harness is different. So, that means it's 100% do-able. LETS DO-IT. I just ordered mine

I am interested in your E55 front bumper if you're looking to sell, let me know how much you're looking for....
Old 03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL

I Would Not Second Guess Steve as he HAS DONE SEVERAL Model Update Conversions . He has researched the parts via EPC and WIS and has done the job. So I would take his word Unless you can prove otherwise..as YOU have NOT done the conversion yet ...PLEASE take pics of YOUR Conversion when its DONE to show Steve he is Wrong
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
I Would Not Second Guess Steve as he HAS DONE SEVERAL Model Update Conversions . He has researched the parts via EPC and WIS and has done the job. So I would take his word Unless you can prove otherwise..as YOU have NOT done the conversion yet ...PLEASE take pics of YOUR Conversion when its DONE to show Steve he is Wrong
+1

Steve is one of the most experienced and respected people in these types of conversions. I would talk to him before proceeding forward
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 PM

2006 E55
Front end conversion

If anyone is successful in completing this could you please be so kind as to post the required part numbers. I would very much like to do this and hope to do it in May as a Birthday Present to myself.

P.S. I wouldn't be changing the headlights, just everything else.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 AM

2003 e55
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Not that hard actually. Obviously you have to go underneath and remove the lower engine cover first. Then you have to disconnect your fogs and corners and then start taking off all of the screws. If I remember and I don't confuse this with my W210, you have to unscrew and remove or push back the liners in the wheel wells to access screws there. Remove the screws on the headlights and one more just inside the headlights from the top and I can't remember but I think there might have been screws just behind the bumper strips or impact moldings and those slide off forward. I don't have the car with me at the office but I'll look later and try to refresh my memory. The W210 bumper was on and off in like 15-20 mins.
is that how you take off your w210 bumper?? as your comparing it to our w211s like its the same bumper
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by III II I I AMG
is that how you take off your w210 bumper?? as your comparing it to our w211s like its the same bumper
HA! I've removed and re-installed both, lol, but just seem to confuse them, lol. Don't ask, I've a pretty hective life here lately! Don't be afraid to grab some tools and give it shot!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM

I am not bad doubting or bad mouthing MBenzNl but I really want to know why the part numbers match for the sensors in the front and I sure hope he can respond pretty soon. The sensor slides into the bracket of the bumper and if the front sensor is the same well then guess what? It should work.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I am not bad doubting or bad mouthing MBenzNl but I really want to know why the part numbers match for the sensors in the front and I sure hope he can respond pretty soon. The sensor slides into the bracket of the bumper and if the front sensor is the same well then guess what? It should work.
I can tell you everything you need about the (complete) conversion of the E55 to an E63!

The electric system of the Parktronic won't work, you need a new Parktronic unit! And for the the E63 Xenon, that's a another story!

So if you need any information, just ask!

Last edited by //AMG55lover; 08-05-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by //AMG55lover
I can tell you everything you need about the (complete) conversion of the E55 to an E63!

The electric system of the Parktronic won't work, you need a new Parktronic unit! And for the the E63 Xenon, that's a another story!

So if you need any information, just ask!
then why are the sensors the same part numbers?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:07 AM

E 211
then why are the sensors the same part numbers?

It not the same part#. Go to your local MB and ask them to show you the one from a e55 and the e63. Do not call go take a look
Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by GoDav AMG
It not the same part#. Go to your local MB and ask them to show you the one from a e55 and the e63. Do not call go take a look
Yes, they are different and not only the sensors need to be replaced, the control unit which heads them, need to be replaced as well!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:10 PM

I got 2 vin numbers
1 for an E55 with parktronic and distronic and another vin number for an E63 with parktronic and distronic. I personally went to the dealership in person and they pulled up the VIN for E55 parktronic sensors and wrote it down. Then they pulled up the VIN for the E63 and it was the same part number I then asked them to bring out both parts but he then told me that they were the same so what I did was call the tech at my local dealership and ask him to run the 2 vins and write down the two different part numbers for the sensors and he said they were the same. So I guess they are the same.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:14 PM

I got 2 vin numbers
1 for an E55 with parktronic and distronic and another vin number for an E63 with parktronic and distronic. I personally went to the dealership in person and they pulled up the VIN for E55 parktronic sensors and wrote it down. Then they pulled up the VIN for the E63 and it was the same part number I then asked them to bring out both parts but he then told me that they were the same so what I did was call the tech at my local dealership and ask him to run the 2 vins and write down the two different part numbers for the sensors and he said they were the same. So I guess they are the same.

Maybe there is a different between the 2003 E55 and yours 2006 E55, but on my E55, they didn't work. So I needed new ones and a new unit!

So try it and if it's works, your lucky!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM

I've allready got all the parts with part numbers. They will start painting tomorrow Thursday and isntalling on Friday or Saturday. We were able to custom fit E55 sensors on to the E63 bumper. The good thing is that it looks like it came like that from the factory with the E55 sensors installed on the E63 bumper. So I will be taking picuters of the whole enchilada and if anyone is interested in buying the conversion setup with the bumper just ready to put the E55 parktronic sensors in just let me know and I will have a total price on monday or wedensday the latest. Believe me it will be a good price and you will be satisfied.

I also ordered this part and I think it's a great addition that should also be included in the whole package.
Attached Thumbnails E63 Front Conversion Group Buy-e55-rear-lid.jpg   E63 Front Conversion Group Buy-rear-e63-lid.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 Front Conversion Group Buy