Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'81 Mondial 8
After Googling a little, it appears that others are confused by the Dynapack, as well. Now that I've read some things, I think they may be applying a correction factor to estimate flywheel HP. Not sure

I've always used Mustang and Dynojets - never come across a Dynapack.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
It would really help if you can dyno the car on a dynojet or dyno dynamics so we can compare them to the other graphs posted on here. Dynojet is more popular, but I remember there were a couple of graphs here from dyno dynamics as well.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by RAVEN_CTS-V
I believe that all DynoPack graphs state flywheel even though it is measuring the output at the wheels. Although, I don't know why they would do that - it is confusing.
That's correct. You can see the correction factor was set to 1, which means that it was displaying the actual RWHP and RWTQ, corrected for SAE.

Dynapaks are one of the greatest tuning dynos out there because of the sheer resolution they have. You can measure tiny changes that are imperceptible to other setups.

With that said, the dyno operator's experience and methods come into play more than most would like to admit.

I would opine that the sampling started far too late for your car.

Please inquire what the load setting was for the run. In my experience, a 5% load works well for real-world tuning on a Dyno Dynamics, a bit less on a Dynapak.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by RAVEN_CTS-V
It would be nice to have another 55 dyno on the same dyno. You're making a lot of assumptions based on one dyno readout and your SOTP meter by driving another car.
I unfortunately don't have another to compare to.

In response to the remainder of the posts, I have not been able to track the car yet but am hoping to soon. I could get another dyno done on a dyno jet but before I drop 100 bucks on something, I wanted to see if the datalogger would help.

I did check the IAT while doing a few good runs and they went no higher than 120.

What I was hoping for was to get a good picture of how things were working with the data logger but am still figuring out what to look for. I am doing another run tonight so will try and post some findings...of what, I am not sure yet but something is better than nothing.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 PM

2004 E55
Attached are the results of a data log from a short run I did tonight. Any thoughts?
Attached Files
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
David, whatever you are using to log data does not have a good log rate.

Where are you located?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:07 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
David, whatever you are using to log data does not have a good log rate.

Where are you located?
I am using AutoEnginuity's data logger, and I will check and see if there is a way to up the log rate. The refresh rate may be limited by the bandwidth of ODBII though and since it is monitoring so many things. I could limit the monitoring and possibly increase the refresh rate if I knew what specifically to monitor.

I am in Northern VA....unfortunately not in SoCal...which is where a lot of the guru's and perf shops are that are familiar with this car.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by david_d23
I could limit the monitoring and possibly increase the refresh rate if I knew what specifically to monitor.

I am in Northern VA....unfortunately not in SoCal...which is where a lot of the guru's and perf shops are that are familiar with this car.
I would monitor IATs, coolant, advance, and MAP.