Sponsored by:

CLK 55 Kompressor....poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT-R
CLK 55 Kompressor....poser

came across this non-amg at a dealership in South Florida...just pathetic. On the back it said "CLK 55", but the '55' letters had fallen off....you could still see the remaining residue from the lettering on the paint.
Attached Thumbnails CLK 55 Kompressor....poser-1.jpg   CLK 55 Kompressor....poser-2.jpg   CLK 55 Kompressor....poser-3.jpg  
Old 03-08-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Sadly, that is typical for that area!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
I have the same badges ...

I even have a little renntech one under them. I"m no poser!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:30 PM

Maybe he installed an aftermarket kompressor like Renntech or Kleemann?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:49 PM

All of them!
The only thing you know for sure unless you lifted the hood, is that he is posing, it's not an AMG.
CLK55 Kompressors exist, they are not rare as hens teeth, I know as I have one, the question from me is should I install the V8 Kompressor emblems on mine or pose as a normal CLK55?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by mbenzman
The only thing you know for sure unless you lifted the hood, is that he is posing, it's not an AMG.
CLK55 Kompressors exist, they are not rare as hens teeth, I know as I have one, the question from me is should I install the V8 Kompressor emblems on mine or pose as a normal CLK55?
Rich don't mess with perfection and put a Kompressor badge on your car Pleez!

I like you just fine in sleeper mode! Don't kill it with the badge!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:04 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Tuskir
Maybe he installed an aftermarket kompressor like Renntech or Kleemann?
still wouldn't make it an AMG
Old 03-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
The poseurs keep coming:

I saw an awesome silver CL55 AMG going South on Lakeshore Drive yesterday, speeding through traffic. I caught up for a quick "fun run" with a Kompressor brotha'

But wait........only two tailpipes?

I pulled alongside to see what the farce was, saw the OEM CL500 body kit and a suddenly startled driver. He pulled down his gold-trimmed Guccis to glance at me, then my fender badges. He then averted his gaze and slowed down. Way down.

He knew he was busted worse than George Michael in a public bathroom and proceed to shrink away into the distance, completely deflated.

Another poseur disposed of
(apologies to CH)
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Banned

German
I saw one at the gas station one day...it was a CLK 430 or something with a 55 AMG emblem.....and I asked the guy if he special order it with a single exhaust because AMG's come with dual/quad exhaust system.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by EUROTEK//AMG
I saw one at the gas station one day...it was a CLK 430 or something with a 55 AMG emblem.....and I asked the guy if he special order it with a single exhaust because AMG's come with dual/quad exhaust system.
What did he say?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:53 AM

GT-R
CLK55 Kompressors exist, they are not rare as hens teeth, I know as I have one
I was unaware that mercedes made W209 CLK 55 Kompressor vehicles. In the event they did, I can bet this is not one of them. This guy should be given a citation.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:51 AM

E 211
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
The poseurs keep coming:

I saw an awesome silver CL55 AMG going South on Lakeshore Drive yesterday, speeding through traffic. I caught up for a quick "fun run" with a Kompressor brotha'

But wait........only two tailpipes?

I pulled alongside to see what the farce was, saw the OEM CL500 body kit and a suddenly startled driver. He pulled down his gold-trimmed Guccis to glance at me, then my fender badges. He then averted his gaze and slowed down. Way down.

He knew he was busted worse than George Michael in a public bathroom and proceed to shrink away into the distance, completely deflated.

Another poseur disposed of
(apologies to CH)

The first CL55 S55 and ml55 AMG did not have KOMPRESSOR no BIG BRAKE and only TWO TAILPIPE.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
I was unaware that mercedes made W209 CLK 55 Kompressor vehicles. In the event they did, I can bet this is not one of them. This guy should be given a citation.
They didn't, they are conversions and pretty fast cars. I have driven a W209 CLK55K from Kleemann and it was plenty of fun.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:18 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by GoDav AMG
The first CL55 S55 and ml55 AMG did not have KOMPRESSOR no BIG BRAKE and only TWO TAILPIPE.
Ya, but those versions didn't have the kompressor (or kompressor badges) either, so that doesn't affect poser-spotting...
Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 AM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
My brother has an 04 CLK55 and yes it does not have a Kompressor motor in it..... but it is quick!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:06 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
The only 209 CLK factory Kompressors were the CLK DTM's, other than that, don't know of any. There were no ML55 Kompressors.

The black mean sounding E39 M5 that jumped all over my A$$ in the CLK55 Cab. last week learned what AMG Kompressor power can do, I guess HE thought he was going to spank a AMG, but he was very wrong. He tried several times, I guess he thought my cab should be slow, or hoping my bottle would run out. He was way back rowing the gears and his exhaust was louder than my car even with the top down. What he doesn't know is that I never hit full throttle, I didn't need to!I guess people don't understand that it doesn't have to loud to be fast.
Here's a couple pics of my "other Beast"

I just debadged my ML55, the wife doesn't like it. I said I'll install an ML320 badge . Maybe I'll be posing as a normal ML, not!

Here's a couple of recent posers took pics of.
Here's a CLK430 AMG cab., apparently a real popular model that AMG never produced.
A funny story from a customer of mine. After much discussion, He decided to puchase a CLK55 Cab. over a CLK430 Cab., I had enlightened him on AMG's and posers. After having it for a week, he came back and told me that he had ran into a neighbor who asked about which car he bought. He told him "a CLK55 AMG", the neighbor replied, "good choice, I have the CLK430 AMG". He called me to tell me he ran into his first poser.

Here's an S430 AMG.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
God I love this ****. My friends older brother has an SL500 with AMG rims and he has an AMG badge on the back of his car, I will never understand it.

But last night I was turning onto Wilshire when right before I turned I saw a new M5 pass me by, so I figured we could have some fun (I dont mean race, my car is stock, and whether other people's is or isnt doesnt make a difference, it's not like i'm gonna prove anything to anyone, so I just like to have fun) So I get a few cars behind him and I see the M5 badge. When I get up nest to him I realize that he only has 2 pipes, both on the left, and the air vents looked a little lower than usual, I didnt even bother to look down at the rims/brakes/rotors. When we stopped at a red I just looked at him and gave him a disgusted nod, since he was on a date my girlfriend told me to leave him be. I hate those people
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Rich don't mess with perfection and put a Kompressor badge on your car Pleez!

I like you just fine in sleeper mode! Don't kill it with the badge!
I've been in a debadging mood, I did the 500E a few month's after getting it, but it's been a while and it seemed wrong to debadge the AMG's. Maybe adding the Kompressor badges will cause more big dog wannabees to test me, thinking perhaps I'm a poser they can slap around.
I do believe the CLK needs more exhaust, I'm definitely thinking of a large single tip and removing the emblems, or not removing the emblems and really baiting trouble.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
The only 209 CLK factory Kompressors were the CLK DTM's, other than that, don't know of any. There were no ML55 Kompressors.

The black mean sounding E39 M5 that jumped all over my A$$ in the CLK55 Cab. last week learned what AMG Kompressor power can do, I guess HE thought he was going to spank a AMG, but he was very wrong. He tried several times, I guess he thought my cab should be slow, or hoping my bottle would run out. He was way back rowing the gears and his exhaust was louder than my car even with the top down. What he doesn't know is that I never hit full throttle, I didn't need to!I guess people don't understand that it doesn't have to loud to be fast.
Here's a couple pics of my "other Beast"

I just debadged my ML55, the wife doesn't like it. I said I'll install an ML320 badge . Maybe I'll be posing as a normal ML, not!

Here's a couple of recent posers took pics of.
Here's a CLK430 AMG cab., apparently a real popular model that AMG never produced.
A funny story from a customer of mine. After much discussion, He decided to puchase a CLK55 Cab. over a CLK430 Cab., I had enlightened him on AMG's and posers. After having it for a week, he came back and told me that he had ran into a neighbor who asked about which car he bought. He told him "a CLK55 AMG", the neighbor replied, "good choice, I have the CLK430 AMG". He called me to tell me he ran into his first poser.

Here's an S430 AMG.

Hey Rich!!! You never told me how that blower install go....I am assuming it went well by the Kill above, hehehehe,that thing must be pretty sick huh!!

DO you have a 55 motor or you added the blower to the 55?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:13 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Hey Rich!!! You never told me how that blower install go....I am assuming it went well by the Kill above, hehehehe,that thing must be pretty sick huh!!

Jody,
I hate it! That part throttle torque just gets the job done so effortlessly. With 2.82 gears, a quaife and 275's stuffed into the heavily massaged rear fenderwells with modified camber arms, well, first gear is still useless. Second gear starts are my norm until I figure out how to get the "Beast" to hook but will still even break loose at 40 mph at part throttle. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get the weight to transfer to the rear so it will bite instead of spin, so much that I've considered sand bags in the trunk. Can you imagine blowing someone away and then revealing a trunk full of sand fto them for added insult. The best I've done so far is 4.4 0-60 measured with my G-tech, I've done the same time in first or second gear starts, but it's way easier in second as the harder you spin the tires the slower the esp will give the power back.
At our last AMG meet, with all gathered around the beast, Rob Allen threatened to take it back to the factory, he seemed amazed that the hood closes. Won an award too, "Most Popular".

It's the parts from your old engine plus a bunch of custom stuff, hand fabbed by yours truly to make it all function. High flow independant i/c system with seperate pressure reservoir. Other stuff, low temp pte thermostat, Evans coolants in the engine and light mixture of M.B. coolant in the i/c, high flow Bosch fuel pump, Begi FMU, Cold Denso Iridium plugs, phenolic blower to head spacers, Etc....

Still getting a 65? What's your ride in the meantime?
Rich

Last edited by mbenzman; 03-09-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Question Question...

We had a discussion on this before in the CLS forum. The poser issue came up, and we pretty much agreed:

CLS500/550 W/AMG Kit - Ok to have an AMG badge but NO Kompressor badge, or CLS55.

CLS500/550-W/O AMG Kit- No AMG, Kompressor, or 55 badging at all.

Due to when I bought my CLS w/AMG Kit, rims, tips, etc., it had CLS55 on the rear, and before I had it shipped I asked the dealer to remove the 55 and put the 500 back on. I left the AMG badge on, IMHO I do not think that is posing on my part. I feel no shame about my CLS500, it is what it is and I love her. Honestly, I have never understood the fake badging and posing nonsense. People should love what the bought and drive, and accept it for what it is.

Comments? Thoughts?

Last edited by bigben320e; 03-09-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket

Jodeth! See how Rich put your nice little S/C in there?I'm jealous!

Time for you to sell me the cylinder heads.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Jodeth! See how Rich put your nice little S/C in there?I'm jealous!

Time for you to sell me the cylinder heads.
Yup, that thing has been all around. I first bought engine from some porsche rebuildable in Cali for the C32 project remember!!! hahahah, then I sold it to jeff since no need for it, Now that things end up ina a good use for rich, wow!! That is a great bargain!!

Rich I will call you soon for some questions, I am planning on buying the 65 and doing some crazy things, heheh, In the meantime i drive a honda...hahahahhah

carl- i think jeff might have gotten rid of everyhting already...but verif with him first. He is the owner of everything else. dont think there is anything left though.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 PM

All of them!
http://s197.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1