Sup Finnaly Finneshed The Mods 613hp rear Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
This entire site has gone down the crapper in the past few months...

MBWorld used to be a nice happy place where mature-mannered folk enjoyed intellectual,civil-minded debate amongst ourselves pertaining to AMG's and other Euro machines.There were no big-***** contests....

Now it's all about "I have more money,cars,wimmen,bikes,trucks blahh blahh blahhhhh then Ethiopia therefore I am superior.I have done everything better then anybody else&if you don't agree,I will antagonize you&start calling you names.But by all means I will get the last word..."

Sound familiar anyone??
Yeah, this is pointless. We all know that I'm 4 inches.......

.....from the floor!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

.....from the floor!
And thats exactly why all the members who've been here a while know better then to engage in such a moot contest of manhood
Old 03-22-2008, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...

.....from the floor!
You just crack me up man...we need another track rental so we could share another KFC bucket, lol!!!

Mods: This thread is useles without any "DYNOS", this will go down arguing till eternity. Can we close it?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
To the newer guys,

You gotta understand that most of us guys in here are a pretty tight bunch. Even though many of us have never even shook hands before. On this forum it's all about sharing info and helping each other get the most hp possible out of our cars.

Chiro for example worked on his famous trunk mounted intercooler setup which obviously works well as he is running near 11 flat without NOS at 1200ft elevation. If I wanted all the info on how to run the setup, he would provide all that I needed. There was speculation on how our cars would run with higher gears so I bit the bullet and spent 7K+ alone to see if it worked with 2.82s from an SL55. Turns out, it didn't set the world on fire and I shared it with the boys. They save 7K+ and we move on to other mods TOGETHER.

Been happening for years on here. Then today we get a post that a car put up 613 but no mention of NOS off the bat which obviously is gonna lead to some flaming. I have come to really respect a few of these guys and their incredible insight into engine design. I would put PTE's knowledge of motor engineering up against the very best in the business.

If you really got 573 to the wheels on a 55 motor, I think it just tweaks some the wrong way to get on the boards and not share any info you have to help us all achieve the ultimate goal. Getting the 55 cars to be the fastest 4 door streetable luxury cars ever made. Hell, package the information and/or parts and sell um. You'll find quite a few men on this forum make a bit more than you think.

Totally your right though to keep it close to the vest, just don't expect any love from the other "po boys" on here.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
a agree with you jim but i honestly don't mind if someone wants to keep their power a secret...i don't think that's the problem here. it was the fact that they passive aggressively as well as directly and purposefully insulted or instigated far too many people in the process of joining the forum.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Almost a Member!

02 Aston DB7, 08 E63, 00' C230 "Special Edition", Highly modified Jeep Wrangler
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
I own Firebird that runs in the 8's and an ultra rare, 1989 Pontiac Trans-Am GTA Turbo, 3.8L 6cy turbo (like a grand national) that runs low 10's on street legal DOT drag slicks. My CLS is my every day driver, not a race car.

I know a little bit about building and driving fast cars

Oh and making a general motors vehicle with the 3.8 turbo in it fast is such a hard thing to do... PLEASE!!! One of the easiest and cheapest to get into the 10's out there.. Yet you in doing so ruined any collector value of that indy pace car edition. And honestly I wouldn't brag that you had a firebird or a trans am. That is almost as bad as saying you have a mustang.

But seriously making American cars fast is cheaper and easier than tuning European cars. Parts are eaiser to find and a heck of a lot cheaper. Pretty much anyone can work on them at any shop and shop rates don't run 200 bucks an hour either.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by chiromikey
a agree with you jim but i honestly don't mind if someone wants to keep their power a secret...i don't think that's the problem here. it was the fact that they passive aggressively as well as directly and purposefully insulted or instigated far too many people in the process of joining the forum.
+1,000,000
Old 03-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Okay, if you are going to be the fastest "55" that we've seen, at least share your secrets.

BTW, Did you really race a new GTR?

Last edited by Rock; 03-23-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
BIKE smack on a Mercedes board?
That's weak no matter who's talking.

You guys who like to talk money, impress me (please) by telling us the right alpha numeric format for bank accounts in Geneva or Zurich. That would be money talk.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
You just crack me up man...we need another track rental so we could share another KFC bucket, lol!!!

Mods: This thread is useles without any "DYNOS", this will go down arguing till eternity. Can we close it?

HA HA!

No doubt. Me and my Jolly Green Giant size ******* will show up holding it's own drumstick!

You going to the NJ fishing trip in May? Check the Get Together section.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
HA HA!

No doubt. Me and my Jolly Green Giant size ******* will show up holding it's own drumstick!

You going to the NJ fishing trip in May? Check the Get Together section.
You wood
Old 03-23-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
I agree with you on that. People seem to think that all of the most knowledgeable AMG owners are on this forum. I've seen E55's run low-mid 10's at Moroso with some insane mods, but they don't have neither the time or desire to talk about it on the internet. I would bet that the fastest AMG owners are not even on this forum
So there are faster runs than Alberts?

That would really suprise me
Old 03-23-2008, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by juicee63
So there are faster runs than Alberts?

That would really suprise me
I don't know juicee, the first 50 fastest Mercedes on Drag Times reads like a who's who here at MBWorld. Addicted2speed may not be aware of the names. I think if there was a secret underworld of mid 10 Benzes, at Moroso a few of us other South Florida boys would post there times.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
It's always "come to NY", why would I want to drive to that smelly a s s place? You better back up your fat tongue! Which car do you want me to bring? I promise I can beat whatever you own by the looks of the heap of crap in your sig!
Bring them all so I can walk them one by one...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SleeperX
Bring them all so I can walk them one by one...
doesn't this remind you of "the lank" from m5board? there's a reason i don't hang out there much anymore.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
I don't know juicee, the first 50 fastest Mercedes on Drag Times reads like a who's who here at MBWorld. Addicted2speed may not be aware of the names. I think if there was a secret underworld of mid 10 Benzes, at Moroso a few of us other South Florida boys would post there times.
haha I wouldn't call it "secret underworld", but dragtimes.com and this forum represent a small minority of AMG owners. I wish everyone would document what they're doing to their cars for our collective knowledge (and entertainment!), but that's simply not the case.

There are some sick AMG out there and if you go to Moroso or this 1/8 track in South Miami fairly often, you see them once in a while. Although a lot of them don't even track their cars, but prefer highway rolls. I even asked this guy I saw once with a nitrous'd and chipped SL65 (claimed 700whp+) to join the forum, but he had no interest what so ever. Not everyone likes to talk about their cars on the internet, that's all there is to it

Last edited by Addicted2Speed; 03-23-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Respect and proof, that's what people want.

Without proof there's little respect, (unfortunately).

Without respect nobody cares about the proof.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
haha I wouldn't call it "secret underworld", but dragtimes.com and this forum represent a small minority of AMG owners. I wish everyone would document what they're doing to their cars for our collective knowledge (and entertainment!), but that's simply not the case.

There are some sick AMG out there and if you go to Moroso or this 1/8 track in South Miami fairly often, you see them once in a while. Although a lot of them don't even track their cars, but prefer highway rolls. I even asked this guy I saw once with a nitrous'd and chipped SL65 (claimed 700whp+) to join the forum, but he had no interest what so ever. Not everyone likes to talk about their cars on the internet, that's all there is to it
This is also not including outside the US. I have said this before not every thing is on dragtimes or the internet. Those can give you an indication and it can be great sometimes, but does not represent the majority of this brand been sold. MKB, carlson brabs and many other euro tuners are not very present on these boards or used as mods.

Would be cool though if all were online . Be happy with what you get i suppose better then nothing and this board does rock
Old 03-23-2008, 11:23 AM

E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
regarding your pathetic whining about my avitar...you're probably the only person that sees a bike in that picture (and for some reason i'm not surprised).
There's a bike in your avatar? Where?
Old 03-23-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

A low-mid ten second AMG running on a drag strip would certainly generate some publicity. Seeing an AMG at the track is rare, seeing one run a low 10 second pass would be = to catching a shot of the Lochness Monster on your recent trip to Scottland

Happy Easter
Old 03-23-2008, 01:06 PM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
To the newer guys,

You gotta understand that most of us guys in here are a pretty tight bunch. Even though many of us have never even shook hands before. On this forum it's all about sharing info and helping each other get the most hp possible out of our cars.

Chiro for example worked on his famous trunk mounted intercooler setup which obviously works well as he is running near 11 flat without NOS at 1200ft elevation. If I wanted all the info on how to run the setup, he would provide all that I needed. There was speculation on how our cars would run with higher gears so I bit the bullet and spent 7K+ alone to see if it worked with 2.82s from an SL55. Turns out, it didn't set the world on fire and I shared it with the boys. They save 7K+ and we move on to other mods TOGETHER.

Been happening for years on here. Then today we get a post that a car put up 613 but no mention of NOS off the bat which obviously is gonna lead to some flaming. I have come to really respect a few of these guys and their incredible insight into engine design. I would put PTE's knowledge of motor engineering up against the very best in the business.

If you really got 573 to the wheels on a 55 motor, I think it just tweaks some the wrong way to get on the boards and not share any info you have to help us all achieve the ultimate goal. Getting the 55 cars to be the fastest 4 door streetable luxury cars ever made. Hell, package the information and/or parts and sell um. You'll find quite a few men on this forum make a bit more than you think.

Totally your right though to keep it close to the vest, just don't expect any love from the other "po boys" on here.
Jakpro1; I can appreciate your view, and yes some of that makes sense. However, I have now on 3 occasions, on 3 different threads, spilled the beans on my mods, I can't help people did not read it or see it, but I am all of a sudden the bad guy who does not reveal my secrets. It's out there, what do I need to do start my own thread? Do they want me to publish blue prints, and maybe a step by step video? I don't think I need to go into any greater detail than I already have. I am not the type of person to just drop my shorts for the entire world to see, maybe thats the street racer in my???? I can tell you all my car makes 573, and it has actually made more than that in it's current configuration. These are not bolt on mods here, these are all, one-off fabricated parts all the way down to the pistons. Plus a handful of Renn bolt-ons. I'm sure there are not too many people on this thread running a set of one-off pistons and cams. When you open up a motor, you open up a whole new window of HP opportunities. This was an un-planned project, resulting from engine failure that was not covered because of some Renntech bolt on stuff. I was in a dilema, I had a $80k car that was less than a year old sitting in my garage broken. I had all this work done for less than the cost of a new motor from MB. It was a no brainer.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but most of you are just too quick to jump up and attack a person that claims to have more HP than you do. Guess what people, there are always going to be people out there with more money, more HP, better driving skills than you...it's reality, deal with it!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:42 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs up Glad your back Johnny!

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Thanks YM........Its me,but my typing is very limited and slow.
Get well my friend!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:43 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking on the money Juicee

Originally Posted by juicee63
A low-mid ten second AMG running on a drag strip would certainly generate some publicity. Seeing an AMG at the track is rare, seeing one run a low 10 second pass would be = to catching a shot of the Lochness Monster on your recent trip to Scottland

Happy Easter
Old 03-23-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...most of you are just too quick to jump up and attack a person that claims to have more HP than you do. Guess what people, there are always going to be people out there with more money, more HP, better driving skills than you...it's reality, deal with it!
if you really think that's what this is about, you may never get it.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 PM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
All You Nay Sayers Out There Really Suck! 3 Of You Posting On This Thread Have Hassled Me About My Hp Figures As Well. Just Because You Did Not Figure Out A Way To Coax Some Extra Ponies Out Of Your Car Does Not Mean Nobody Else Can. I Did It Without Nitrous, Who Cares If He Did It With Or Without Nitrous, It Will Not Matter When You Are Looking At His Tail Lights At The Strip! Maybe It Is Just That Us Midwest Boys Know How To Do Things Right. Granted I Spent Just Over $25k On My Motor, But I'm Sure That Easily Half Of That Was Labor, So Who's To Say What He Did If He Got The Labor For Free. Don't Hate, Because You Don't Have The Brains, Nor The Funds!

I'm Starting To Get The Feeling You East Coast Boys Are Really Just A Bunch Of Sissy Girls!

Wow~How old are you?
Everyone~Ban this motherf*cker~
btw, Why did u even join this forum?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sup Finnaly Finneshed The Mods 613hp rear Wheels