Strange Annoying Problems With E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
Strange Annoying Problems With E55

Hey all,

Assuming that there are others out there whom are as **** about their 55s as I am ( if that's even possible ), and take notice of any weird sounds or minor issues, I've decided to start this thread. It seems that mechanics ( esp dealers ) are never capable of detecting small problems since they don't give a sh*t. But hopefully this thread and the collective knowledge/experience of mbworld members will help pinpoint the causes of certain annoying problems so that it's easier to fix them.

That being said, I currently have 3 minor issues with my car:

1) Whining sound coming from under the hood that's NOT the supercharger - When cruising at low speeds and stepping on the gas, I usually hear the engine growl. But sometimes I would hear this whining/wheezing sound like my car asthma or something...

A mechanic confirmed that it's not the supercharger and the dealership said it was one of the belts and replaced it. But I still had that problem afterwards. Anyone else ever have this problem?

2) Creeking sound in the back when accelerating at very low speeds - When I tap the throttle at very low speeds ( 5 mph ), I hear a creeking sound that's coming from the back. I took the trunk apart and don't see any problem inside the trunk. I'm not sure if this is coming from the suspension, or if it's something inside of the car, but it's annoying as hell.

3) Weird static sound when letting go of the brakes - When I'm at a traffic light and the light turns green, I notice a weird static interference sound when letting go of the brake. This doesn't happen every time I do it, but it happens quite frequently. Any ideas as to why may be causing this?