Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police raid so-cal car gtg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
This sort of crap sh.ts me! Sounds like those cops are gutless wimps. Its about time they tackled REAL crime instead of wasting their time on this pissy little stuff my grandmother would have no trouble enforcing. The whole thing is a **** and I have seriously lost all respect for cops in my country. It’s the same the world over. Oh and I can hear the do-gooders crying " you wont think that when you need their help some day" Well that’s BS! I'll deal with that problem MYSELF!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Chargin55
This sort of crap sh.ts me! Sounds like those cops are gutless wimps. Its about time they tackled REAL crime instead of wasting their time on this pissy little stuff my grandmother would have no trouble enforcing. The whole thing is a **** and I have seriously lost all respect for cops in my country. It’s the same the world over. Oh and I can hear the do-gooders crying " you wont think that when you need their help some day" Well that’s BS! I'll deal with that problem MYSELF!
Ha! "Be there when you need them..." That's a ******' joke...

The two times I have been involved in an accident through no fault of my own and needed a police report for the insurance claim, I had to sit there for literally HOURS waiting for them to show up! And one of them, the lazy douchebag just handed me a blank "Driver Incident Report" and told me to fill it out when I got home...

Public service my azz...
Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
this is why we need to seriously revamp the entire police system and how and by who it Is run!!! My good friend got a ticket on hinsdale for going 6 over bc the popo was pissed he had a e55 !!! This bs has to Stop!!! You guys are right..... Why can't the middle of the dessert be like the autobahn!!!! Why do we need a speed limit there??? It really is truly stupid and dumb ....
Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 MB E-500 & 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
If I would be driving an AMG and the cops told me, "why do you need so much power? Are you doing street racing?" I would reply: May be I should just get a corolla.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 PM

'34 Lagonda, '69 280SL, '07 E63 wagon
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
this is why we need to seriously revamp the entire police system and how and by who it Is run!!! My good friend got a ticket on hinsdale for going 6 over bc the popo was pissed he had a e55 !!! This bs has to Stop!!! You guys are right..... Why can't the middle of the dessert be like the autobahn!!!! Why do we need a speed limit there??? It really is truly stupid and dumb ....
The penalties for traffic violations should be non-financial; like raking leaves in the park or picking up trash along the road. (another option would be to require all fine reveues go to to the highway department rather than the municipality). If you took away the financial motivation for municipalities to abuse their authority, traffic citations would drop by 90%.

It would also improve respect for law enforcement since only those that are a danger to others would be cited.

Last edited by rich644; 04-03-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:49 PM

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT
Do me a favor, guys.

NEXT time someone is out there with the "you don't need that 30 round magazine on your rifle" crap, or the "we have police and soldiers. Guns are for killing, you don't need them" crap, help us fight them as surely we we will help you fight the people who support this kind of police state action.

Especially since guns are not designed to break the laws, but fast cars leave the assembly line with the ability.

For now you might have cared little more than your ride, and much news of the growing police state and the infringments on our liberty getting worse every day going on one ear of yours, around those gears spinning around, and out the other. And you likely thought those of us trying to point these things out as kooks and tin-foil hat wearers. Paranoids, nuts...

And all those thousands spent on rims, stereos, turbos, etc. While America becomes the 21st Century version of **** Germany.

(my apology for those of you who lost relatives in these wars that they claim "keeps us free". Your loved ones died for nothing. Accept that you were fooled and that can be the first step towards recovery from your total ignorance).

Now that the out-of-control government that you ignored all your life FINALLY got to something you care about, what are you going to do about it?

By the way, I live in both worlds:

Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not stock.
Originally Posted by jrcart
If this kind of thing ever happened at a gathering I was at I would be the cops and city's worst nightmare. I would hire attorneys on top of attorneys on top of attorneys. Then I would hire a team of PI's to dig up so much dirt on every cop and city official involved they would be begging me to stop, then just when they thought it was over I would take it to a federal court and then sue thier a$$es. I am bored and have lots of cash, this would be recreational entertainment for me. Local municipalities can not infringe on our constitutional rights, this seems to be bordering on that in my eyes
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
http://cbs2.com/local/Riverside.Stre....2.687707.html

In all fairness, a little more neutral account of what happened...
Heavy handed tactics as shown in their quote:

"We want to send a powerful message that street racing will not be tolerated," Riverside police Sgt. Skip Showalter said in a release.

A "powerful" message like they will team up with the most power possible and ignore the rights of the individual? Sure there are some issues with some of these people but it doesn't give them any right to go around the normal search and seizure protocol. This type of behavior will go on as long as society pemits it. The arrests they made are petty.

Watch the video and listen to the police spokesman, he has essentially nothing to say to backup what they are doing, except exaggeration.

Neutral or not you can't get behind these illegal police activities in any way, IMO.

Last edited by sack5000; 04-03-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart
If this kind of thing ever happened at a gathering I was at I would be the cops and city's worst nightmare. I would hire attorneys on top of attorneys on top of attorneys. Then I would hire a team of PI's to dig up so much dirt on every cop and city official involved they would be begging me to stop, then just when they thought it was over I would take it to a federal court and then sue thier a$$es. I am bored and have lots of cash, this would be recreational entertainment for me. Local municipalities can not infringe on our constitutional rights, this seems to be bordering on that in my eyes
Do it anyways
Old 04-04-2008, 12:12 PM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
This is from the ACLU website.

Know Your Rights: What to Do If You're Stopped by the Police (7/30/2004)

To fight police abuse effectively you need to know your rights. There are some things you should do, some things you must do and some things you cannot do. If you are in the middle of a police encounter, you need a handy and quick reference to remind you what your rights and obligations are.

<snip>
IF YOU'RE STOPPED IN YOUR CAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Upon request, show them your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. In certain cases, your car can be searched without a warrant as long as the police have probable cause. To protect yourself later, you should make it clear that you do not consent to a search. It is not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search.

2. If you're given a ticket, you should sign it; otherwise you can be arrested. You can always fight the case in court later.

3. If you're suspected of drunk driving (DWI) and refuse to take a blood, urine or breath test, your driver's license may be suspended.

IF YOU'RE ARRESTED OR TAKEN TO A POLICE STATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. You have the right to remain silent and to talk to a lawyer before you talk to the police. Tell the police nothing except your name and address. Don't give any explanations, excuses or stories. You can make your defense later, in court, based on what you and your lawyer decide is best.

2. Ask to see a lawyer immediately. If you can't pay for a lawyer, you have a right to a free one, and should ask the police how the lawyer can be contacted. Don't say anything without a lawyer.

3. Within a reasonable time after your arrest, or booking, you have the right to make a local phone call: to a lawyer, bail bondsman, a relative or any other person. The police may not listen to the call to the lawyer.

4. Sometimes you can be released without bail, or have bail lowered. Have your lawyer ask the judge about this possibility. You must be taken before the judge on the next court day after arrest.

5. Do not make any decisions in your case until you have talked with a lawyer.