Sponsored by:

CW-Performance - North Carolina

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A slow Tahoe!
CW-Performance - North Carolina

After MB refused the 10C fan mod and lowering of my car, a friend gave me the number to Curt at CW Performance. After yesterdays visit to his shop I couldn't be more pleased. I finally found someone locally that will work on AMG's. Curt is a class act and for a young guy he knows MB's. He worked for MB as a tech for years and just recently decided to go out on his own. Based on his professionalism and knowledge of MB's I can see him becoming a top tuner on the east coast.

I got the 10c mod and the key lock chirp via Star DAS. We lowered the front for now with the washer method, to lower it via Star you need to have it done at the dealership; he told me it needs to be on a rack to do it correctly. I wanted the front lowered now so he decided to do it the quick way. The car sits level and drives great. I plan to put 19's on it later this year; once they are on we’ll look at lowering the whole car via links or Renntech ELM. My next project will be an upgraded heat exchanger, TB, and pulley by VRP. I'm not sure when but knowing I have a qualified tuner in the area makes it hard not to pull the trigger today.

I'm dropping off my CLK 430 to him next week to have him lower it via springs/pads and replace some gaskets that have gone bad.

Curt is located in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and can be reached at 919-337-3224 or email mbtech99@hotmail.com

Thanks again Curt.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
It feels good to have a MB tech working on your car...without the stealer pricing that is.

What is the "key lock chirp" ?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:33 PM

A slow Tahoe!
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
It feels good to have a MB tech working on your car...without the stealer pricing that is.

What is the "key lock chirp" ?
When I lock the car it makes a slight chirp sound to let you know you've locked it. Before I had to turn around in the parking lot to "star gaze" to make sure the lights flashed when I locked it.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by E55BKS
When I lock the car it makes a slight chirp sound to let you know you've locked it. Before I had to turn around in the parking lot to "star gaze" to make sure the lights flashed when I locked it.
ahh I see.
I always thought mine chirps when I lock the car, but then I always just push the button on the door handle.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
ahh I see.
I always thought mine chirps when I lock the car, but then I always just push the button on the door handle.
Same here...mine has always done that.