Modding Ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
Modding Ideas

Hey Guys,

I will be doing some crazy modding to my car over the course of the next 3 months. So far, this is what I have on the to do list:

---------------------------------------------------

Basics:

-OEM Xenon Headlights
-Custom Xenon Foglights
-Custom Black Paintjob for roof ( Pano look )

Exterior Styling:

-Vorsteiner Front lip
-Vorstiener All Carbon Trunk Spoiler
-Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser
-Smoked Taillights
-Flat AMG hood badge

Suspension & Wheels

-20" Auto Couture Aristos (Silver) & P-Zero tires
-Renntech ELM
-Renntech Toe Links

Performance

-Renntech Package 5
-Renntech Intercooler
-Renntech Exhaust
-Quaife LSD
-Renntech Tranny Upgrade ( I believe they modify the tranny, EGS & TCU together.)

Interior

-Brabus Two-tone Interior
-AMG Pedals
-Custom Blue Ambient Lighting

I'm not sure about the Brabus interior because that's like 10K and I'm not sure of there are cheaper alternatives of similar quality. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do (other than seeking a financial responsibility councelor)?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
All looks very nice and expensive$$$$
only thing i would not get is the P zero tires unless they are the newest ones, but i had a set and meh did not like them, the mich PS2 or nitto invo seem better
Old 04-13-2008, 05:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by slacker55
Hey Guys,

I will be doing some crazy modding to my car over the course of the next 3 months. So far, this is what I have on the to do list:

Basics:

-OEM Xenon Headlights
-Custom Xenon Foglights
-Custom Black Paintjob for roof ( Pano look )

Exterior Styling:

-Vorsteiner Front lip
-Vorstiener All Carbon Trunk Spoiler
-Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser
-Smoked Taillights
-Flat AMG hood badge

Suspension & Wheels

-20" Auto Couture Aristos (Silver) & P-Zero tires
-Renntech ELM
-Renntech Toe Links

Performance

-Renntech Package 5
-Renntech Intercooler
-Renntech Exhaust
-Quaife LSD
-Renntech Tranny Upgrade ( I believe they modify the tranny, EGS & TCU together.)

Interior

-Brabus Two-tone Interior
-AMG Pedals
-Custom Blue Ambient Lighting

I'm not sure about the Brabus interior because that's like 10K and I'm not sure of there are cheaper alternatives of similar quality. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do (other than seeking a financial responsibility councelor)?
Well...You are probably adding another 60K-70K (parts and labor) to your car, especially if you stick with Renntech and Brabus. There is nothing wrong with that...just be prepared with a lot of downtime on your car for the next couple of months...meaning have a lot of patience.

I've been through the modding bug just like a lot of the guys on the board. Just as long as you know the ramifications of what you want to do (i.e. MB will not be your friend in this endeavor) and don't use this is a daily driver you will be cool.

Good luck!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Well...You are probably adding another 60K-70K (parts and labor) to your car, especially if you stick with Renntech and Brabus. There is nothing wrong with that...just be prepared with a lot of downtime on your car for the next couple of months...meaning have a lot of patience.

I've been through the modding bug just like a lot of the guys on the board. Just as long as you know the ramifications of what you want to do (i.e. MB will not be your friend in this endeavor) and don't use this is a daily driver you will be cool.

Good luck!
off topic
I am still waiting to hear what exactly happened with you
and why no daily driving?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 AM

08 CLK63 BS
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah...I realize that I will be dropping quite a couple of dollars on this endeavor of mine. Part of me says "Why the f*** not?" The other part questions whether or not that money can be better used towards getting another car.

I was originally thinking of the C63, but I'm not quite sure if I would spend that much money on a C class regardless how it performs. And there's not even any other cars that I really like at the moment other than the Gallardo, which I would probably never get anyway...

But I guess we shall see. I'm thinking about playing it safer and making it a 6 month project rather than a 3 month project. At least that would give me more time to get a feel of whether all the mods are worth it.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Zod
off topic
I am still waiting to hear what exactly happened with you
and why no daily driving?
I meant that since there will be a lot of downtime while the car is being worked on that he should have another car that is his daily driver. As far as my car, I'll let you guys know when I get it back...
Old 04-13-2008, 11:37 AM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I meant that since there will be a lot of downtime while the car is being worked on that he should have another car that is his daily driver. As far as my car, I'll let you guys know when I get it back...
Yeah...not to worry, I have my 96 Honda and I work from home so I don't really need to commute. What color interior do you guys think will go well with pewter?

I'm not even sure what my options are aside from Kleeman, Brabus, and OEM. But the OEM only has the Merlot and the Blue, both of which cost like 5K for the skins and aren't nice enough to justify the cost. I was thinking Charcoal/Light Grey to go with the current theme since the roof is light grey anyway...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by slacker55
Yeah...not to worry, I have my 96 Honda and I work from home so I don't really need to commute. What color interior do you guys think will go well with pewter?

I'm not even sure what my options are aside from Kleeman, Brabus, and OEM. But the OEM only has the Merlot and the Blue, both of which cost like 5K for the skins and aren't nice enough to justify the cost. I was thinking Charcoal/Light Grey to go with the current theme since the roof is light grey anyway...
Bro you are crazy if you go with a Barbus interior. You can get custom that is half the price and style you choose. Find a good hot rod shop they will point you to a custom interior shop.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Bro you are crazy if you go with a Barbus interior. You can get custom that is half the price and style you choose. Find a good hot rod shop they will point you to a custom interior shop.
Well, I think that my craziness has become apparent at this point...

But for the interior, my concern is that I will pay 5K for crap. I'm not sure how good the quality of the Brabus interior is, but I agree that 10K for a custom interior is quite insano. I guess I will do my research and see what options I have.