AMG Studio suspension parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
AMG Studio suspension parts

Can anyone get a hold of the AMG studio hardware? My buddy said it includes brand new shocks (not yet released on an E or CLS). All black and much better tuned for sport riding. He is checking to make sure the rest of the system is the same. He said that these may have been a new vendor and new direction for the Airmatic.
Anyhow, I'd love to explore them and the beefier control arms if anyone has access to wholesale pricing? I have friends in Europe, too in case that is better. I just don't know how the studio works.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jangy
Can anyone get a hold of the AMG studio hardware? My buddy said it includes brand new shocks (not yet released on an E or CLS). All black and much better tuned for sport riding. He is checking to make sure the rest of the system is the same. He said that these may have been a new vendor and new direction for the Airmatic.
Anyhow, I'd love to explore them and the beefier control arms if anyone has access to wholesale pricing? I have friends in Europe, too in case that is better. I just don't know how the studio works.
2k+ per shock plus upgraded bushings. Been there done that.

10k for the kit.

If you want a sporty 4 door the M5 is the way to go. 10k for some shocks is pointless IMHO.

What is your take?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLS 63
How about just the AMG Studio parts in general? Can we order them through the stealers?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
to make the AMG better Benz needs a better chassis in terms of stiffness and suspension design otherwise its a waste. Nobody would buy a 10k suspension for the E 211 AMG I think this is why VRP is on hold with their coilover. Its not just the airshocks that suck its the entire package
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
2k+ per shock plus upgraded bushings. Been there done that.

10k for the kit.

If you want a sporty 4 door the M5 is the way to go. 10k for some shocks is pointless IMHO.

What is your take?
I dunno. If I can a set cheap and know that they will be different, then I would do the last splurge and do it. $10K is a bit steep. I just don't want the ride of an M5. I love the Benzo ride, but I just want a bit more suspension tuning. Once it is lay'd out, I'm fine. I just want to get the transitions a little smoother. The active suspension does help keep it flat, but the weight is just a bit to overcome. I know I'm slapping a piece of tape on a huge gash, but I was just hoping for something.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BenzoManNY
to make the AMG better Benz needs a better chassis in terms of stiffness and suspension design otherwise its a waste. Nobody would buy a 10k suspension for the E 211 AMG I think this is why VRP is on hold with their coilover. Its not just the airshocks that suck its the entire package

You know, I don't agree. the chasis is actually quite nice IMO. The suspension components do suck, but can be replaced. Replacing them all and also getting it to jive with the computers would just be extremely costly to me, but it doesn't mean the car has no hope.