Powerchip...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Mr. AMG 20,

I was hard pressed between VRP/PC and LET, in the end I went with LET partially because Jerry is a local guy with support from CPT, and partially because Jerry was very upfront and capable of addressing my concerns and promising to meet my goals. I got to shake Jerry's hand and his product did exactly what I wanted it to on my car - conservative results with very good power. He has also offered to further tune the car if we want to get more aggressive and extract more power. His tune is $900.

Victor and I go way back as well and Victor is one of those rare guys in the tuner biz who does this kind of stuff out of real passion, and the fact is we've seen that his product would also do very well. We are very fortunate compared to when I first started with these cars to have such great choices now.

I went with Jerry, and thus far have been extremely pleased with my results both in the product I have and the professionalism Jerry has shown. I've drilled him on some more technical issues and he's been very transparent with me and that's important. I honestly could probably go on and on about this, but you've got a tough choice, I'm just sharing my experience. Don't hesitate to drop me a line if you need any help, I'm always more than willing to help out the Chicago crew with whatever.

-m
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Customer's view:

As always, I have opinions to throw in.

The first is on Powerchip vs RennTech, Kleeman, etc. I acknowledge both sides of this argument and have only one part to add. I do not think that any of the other tuners have an ECU program for the mercedes that rivals PC. Why? Because nobody ever cared before. The tuners made extremely generic packages, because people used to just want the name with no hassles. So, pushing the parts to actually perform was not the priority. With VRP came a new breed. One geared for the enthusiast, and involved ones at that. I have watched RennTech try to work with the latest E55 flash, but to no avail. I even offered my car up as a platform but things went sour with Creative.

The second point for me is bigger issue. Customer Service and loyalty. Sorry to say it VIC, but I think you are not the norm. First, you had a history with EVO/PC and PC did indeed step up for you when you made it clear what you thought the issue was. Also, you have sent them god knows how much business so I can understand why they are cool with you. My experience was completely different. I asked Jeremy about a custom tune the same day that you let him know about the CL. At the time, he said it was doable, but that they had a tune that was good to go. Later on when VRP got involved, I brought that issue up again. I was not about to have a generic tune dropped on my car when I knew that there was much more to be had. I discussed it extensively with VRP and they assured me that an honest attempt would be made to see what can be learned. It took nearly three weeks and LOTS of data, but Vadim and Jeremy did a great job. Now, I don't mind my car being used as a test bed because that is what I intended for Vadim. But, it is also clear that PC learns as they go along as well and stands to gain from that.
For me, the key is still Vadim. I really think PC would have blown me off, even after using my car.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
I heard its bogus and everyone who posted that got banned or throw off the boards and even threatened law suits against them
Old 04-29-2008, 10:37 PM

E55 AMG
I ended up going with the Active Autowerke tune. Its the one Rflow had on his car. Its like a completly different car with the tune, the power is just insane. I havent had a chance to get the car on the dyno yet but I will soon.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Gondon
I heard its bogus and everyone who posted that got banned or throw off the boards and even threatened law suits against them

You heard what was?
Old 04-30-2008, 12:56 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by hamann69
I ended up going with the Active Autowerke tune. Its the one Rflow had on his car. Its like a completly different car with the tune, the power is just insane. I havent had a chance to get the car on the dyno yet but I will soon.
Off topic here but where did you get the pte thermostat? iv been searching everywhere but cant find it.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:09 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr. AMG 20
Off topic here but where did you get the pte thermostat? iv been searching everywhere but cant find it.
PM PTE on the forum.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Vic55
Powerchip and VRP work together not because one forced the others hand. I know this because I am personal friends with Victor, Vadim, and Jeremy and Travis at PC.
Let me clarify a point here guys.... I'm not saying VRP forced Powerchip to do anything. I was just saying that they led the "charge" to a change. If Vadim and Victor were not in the picture, the Powerchip tune would not have changed. That being said, I believe the VRP version of the tune is great and I want to make it clear that I consider both tunes different. I don't mix/confuse them together.
In summary, I'm just saying that not all of Powerchip's tunes are effective. I've provided examples of bad ones, and I've personally seen a car with Powerchip tune gain ONLY +1 hp and another that ONLY made +3 hp on the dyno. If you'd like more information, please PM me and I can discuss this further. In the end, like others have mentioned, ECU tunes are complex and results will always vary. I think the best option is choosing a local company with good reputation to deal with. A company that you could take the car to back and forth until you find that perfect tune that you're happy with.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-30-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 AM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by hamann69
I had no idea AA offered a tune for the E55? I don't see any mention of it on their website ... I thought they focused exclusively on BMWs?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
VRP was in no position to "force" PC into a partnership. EVO did that when they abandoned the 55K.

I have to agree 100% with MBforever. By rules, PC should be selling what they learned on my car except through VRP. Is that how it really works? Dunno. Can you get PC to sell you that same tune? Maybe, but I would ONLY go through Vadim. It cost me, but it was worth it.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by joshd
I had no idea AA offered a tune for the E55? I don't see any mention of it on their website ... I thought they focused exclusively on BMWs?
Ya they dont advertise it but they do tune E55's PM RFLOW306 and he can give u more info he hooked me up with mine. I think his car made 473rwhp with just asp pulley/ECU.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Gentlemen:

I appreciate your support, but please do not comment on VRPs relationship with Powerchip. Except us, no one truly knows our arrangement and how things were setup.

Please let us not focus on rumors and anecdotes.

Let us look at facts. I chose Powerchip because I believe in them and their resources and abilities to write and modify software for MB/AMGs as well as other makes.

Since we started working together, going back to 2002, they have proven themselves to me and our clients numerous times. As many of you have seen on this forum and experienced on your own vehicles, we have been able to create powerfull and safe tunes.

Tuning is a continuing process and as we develop more and more power stages, PC will be our right hand.

If any one has any doubts about PC tunes, they offer 14 days satisfaction money back guarantee. Try their tunes for your car and judge for yourself.

Thank you for listening.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Thanks Vadim for posting- I think you provided much needed clarity.