Sponsored by:

Powerchip...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 e55
Exclamation Powerchip...

Im considering getting powerchip from stealth auto. Who on here has it and can give me some insight? How much hp should expect to get from this chip? 50?60? Thanks guys
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Mr. AMG 20
Im considering getting powerchip from stealth auto. Who on here has it and can give me some insight? How much hp should expect to get from this chip? 50?60? Thanks guys
for just ECU?
i think the norm is 10-15p on a stock car if that...
on a modded car its a must particularly on cars with pullies
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 AM

2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
I too have been looking at this. This is cut&paste from Australian Powerchip site:
In standard form, the E55K AMG 5.5 V8 produces 350 kW and 700 Nm.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 364 kW and 381 kW, and it's torque to between 728 Nm and 763 Nm.

HERE IS THE LINK
http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...sp?pid=Mer0069
Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
These cars are usually underrated on paper (IE, instead of 469 HP they really have 490-500HP). You can expect 10-20 HP gain if you have no other mods plus the limiter will be removed and the overall accelleration will be smoothed out.

I am happy with mine.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 AM

E55
Happy with mine as well... also very nice guys for what its worth
Old 04-29-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
I Power-chipped my 03 M5 with good results but I'm not sure it was worth the $1K I paid for it. How much does it cost to Powerchip a stock 05 E55?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Are you doing just ECU or ECU & pulley?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Because I'm still under warranty I would only do the ECU.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by vrus
Are you doing just ECU or ECU & pulley?
Just the ECU for now..
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by 4ociousE55
I Power-chipped my 03 M5 with good results but I'm not sure it was worth the $1K I paid for it. How much does it cost to Powerchip a stock 05 E55?
in between 1200-1400
Old 04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
I know LET has a tune available around $900.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a powerchip in both of my cars and I HIGHLY recommend them
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I would NOT recommend Powerchip. I've personally seen too many examples of bad results with their ECU tune. Do a search on powerchip review or feedback in the different sections of the forum. I think many people go with them because they claim high gains on their website (+42 hp gain), but in reality, like Timeless mentioned, gains are less than half. But if you really want Powrechip, at least go through VRP; they sell their own custom version of the Powerchip tune.

I've heard very good things about the LET tune, and I've personally got excellent results with RennTech on previous cars, but they're too expensive.

Good luck.....
Old 04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I would NOT recommend Powerchip. I've personally seen too many examples of bad results with their ECU tune. Do a search on powerchip review or feedback in the different sections of the forum. I think many people go with them because they claim high gains on their website (+42 hp gain), but in reality, like Timeless mentioned, gains are less than half. But if you really want Powrechip, at least go through VRP; they sell their own custom version of the Powerchip tune.

I've heard very good things about the LET tune, and I've personally got excellent results with RennTech on previous cars, but they're too expensive.

Good luck.....
Actually I do not believe VRP does a custom tune for just the ECU tune alone. It is with their other products (pulley, headers, TB, etc) that they have custom tunes. PowerChips does a good job which is why VRP feels comfortable using them.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good luck.....
Ive said this before and Ill say it again. Powerchip, unlike Renntech, Kleemann, and the rest of the tuners ONLY DO CHIPS. It is their specialty, it is all that they do all day and all night. Renntech and Kleemann offer the whole package, so the chip tuning is only a small portion of their R&D, whereas Powerchip spends all their time tuning chips. I can confidently say that they have the most experience in this arena. Why would VRP use Powerchip if there were any doubts?? Who was the first company to get rid of the dreaded recall flash that held all the power back on the 06s?? thats right, you guessed it, it was Powerchip. None of the other tuners figured that out. All I know is everytime, I go there, and they tune my ECU, the car feels better and better. I gained 24 AWHP on a 63 engine, which is very strong, and stronger than any other Chip company that currently offers a verifiable tune for the 63 motors.

For the OP, I do believe they have a 2 week money back guarantee, so it wouldnt hurt to try it.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Good luck.....

I actually did a lot of research on powerchip and did not find any negative feedback on them. Their gains are not as high as some other tuners because their tune is more conservative. If anything, there is even more negative feedback on bigger tuners like Renntech with several cases of powertrain failure (on V12 bi-turbo's at least).
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 PM

05 e55
Thanks for all the help guys. Il prob end up doing it a little bit later.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Ive said this before and Ill say it again. Powerchip, unlike Renntech, Kleemann, and the rest of the tuners ONLY DO CHIPS. It is their specialty, it is all that they do all day and all night. Renntech and Kleemann offer the whole package, so the chip tuning is only a small portion of their R&D, whereas Powerchip spends all their time tuning chips. I can confidently say that they have the most experience in this arena. Why would VRP use Powerchip if there were any doubts?? Who was the first company to get rid of the dreaded recall flash that held all the power back on the 06s?? thats right, you guessed it, it was Powerchip. None of the other tuners figured that out. All I know is everytime, I go there, and they tune my ECU, the car feels better and better. I gained 24 AWHP on a 63 engine, which is very strong, and stronger than any other Chip company that currently offers a verifiable tune for the 63 motors.
Although I understand what you're saying, I respectfully disagree. One can also make the argument that RennTech, Kleeman, Brabus, etc.... only develop and tune Mercedes, which makes them inherently more knowledgable about our cars because they'd have to spend a lot of time and money re-caliberating their ECU tune with every new product/stage they develop. But Powerchip will make a tune for one car, then move on to another car, and another car, and that tune is never touched again. And because Powerchip develops tunes for so many cars, only a small percentage of their R&D goes towards Mercedes.

Regarding the ECU torque limiter, please note that the charge was let by VRP NOT Powerchip. If VRP was not pushing the issue, Powerchip would've not changed their tune to take off the torque limiter. VRP is very research intensive and they've spent many hours on the dyno and many months caliberating to get the perfect tune.

I know of at least 3 members on this board that has gained 1 to 3 hp from adding Powerchip to their 63 not counting others with bad results from 32 and 55 engines. So just like any tuner, some of their work has been great and some has not been so great.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Tuskir
I actually did a lot of research on powerchip and did not find any negative feedback on them. Their gains are not as high as some other tuners because their tune is more conservative. If anything, there is even more negative feedback on bigger tuners like Renntech with several cases of powertrain failure (on V12 bi-turbo's at least).
Here's a couple of threads with a couple of members having negative feedback/experiences with their tunes...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/191217-powerchip-feedback-expereinces-recommendations.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/187862-software-c55-who-has-what.html

There are a few more, not including one of my previous cars, please do a search....
Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Mr. AMG 20,

You have the advantage of being a local here in Chicago... I used LET who actually can flash your ECU (no soddering, removal, or shipment of your ECU required... aka no downtime). I posted my results recently. I used CPT for all my work...

http://www.letmotorsports.com
http://www.gocpt.com

-m
Old 04-29-2008, 06:45 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Mr. AMG 20,

You have the advantage of being a local here in Chicago... I used LET who actually can flash your ECU (no soddering, removal, or shipment of your ECU required... aka no downtime). I posted my results recently. I used CPT for all my work...

http://www.letmotorsports.com
http://www.gocpt.com

-m
How much did you pay for the flash? And how much horsepower can i expect? Thanks again guys.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Will Powerchip stand-by their tune? My 03 M5 had an OBDII communications problem when it came to emission testing. BMW would not acknowledge it for many many months but ultimately paid for a re-flash to correct the problem. Unfortunately it wiped out my Powerchip Gold 94 tune. Powerchip stood by their product and re-flashed my ECU for free. Has anyone else with a Powerchip ECU tune received a required MB software update and lost their tune? And did Powerchip stand-by their product?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Powerchip and VRP work together not because one forced the others hand. I know this because I am personal friends with Victor, Vadim, and Jeremy and Travis at PC.

Yes they do retune and improve their chips. I have got retunes on my M6 three times with improvement in throttle response and TQ management each time.

VRP enlisted PC to do their tuning in unison with what they wanted and both probably benefited from the partnership. Vadim from VRP will chime in here and let you know where they stand if this doesnt hold water for some as I just got off the phone with him.

For me personally, I have had the following cars tuned with incredible service and excellent results:

W211 E55
E63 BMW M6
997TT
CL65

On my CL65 PC took this car and made a special tune for the 65 engine. This same tune is now in the SL65 that VRP is working on. That tune got my CL65 to 557 rwhp with no other mods. As I know these guys personally I would trust my cars with them, and as you can see my cars are not cheap. Just today I got a call from Jeremy asking how my latest tune with my 997TT went- he offered up that I could personally custom tune it to any changes I wanted anytime. They dont push the boost too hard on 997's because they want to ensure no issues with the flat six but will allow their customers to choose a more aggressive tune if they like. This call was not expected nor warranted but happily received. I consider this pretty good service but furthermore they are looking for ways to improve tunes.

On my M6 I got it tuned in October and then the dealer flashed it in November so Jeremy reflashed it for free, then he called me January and said he an updated tune based on dyno results of several M6's. I went and he gave me the new flash. Then in March he called and said he found the map to free up more TQ on the TQ starved M6. I went in got another improved flash.

These are my personal experiences and some others may vary but I can only speak to my empirical results which are more than just supposition. My cars are not cheap and I dont just let them in anyones hands.

Reputable Evosport uses them exclusively too.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:07 PM

05 e55
Thanks for the heads up Vic
Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Just want to throw in my official $0.02 here...

Powerchip is a great company and are great people to work with. I won't sugar coat it and say that they are perfect and everything they touch is golden right out of the gate.. You always have issues programming ECUs but if something does happen, they are right there in the office with us and no one sleeps until the problem is solved. That's what counts most..

Together Powerchip and us have developed software for the 55, 63 and 65 that is dead nuts reliable, makes an amazing amount of power, and works great with our hardware. We worked together to crack the load limits in the 06 ECUs and that allowed us to put out a 465rwhp, 512rwtq on 91octane program. Now, that's a VRP program, but without Powerchip, we wouldn't have it.

Our VRP/Powerchip software is different than what you would normally get if you call Powerchip directly but the foundation lies with Powerchip reliability.

With Powerchip as our development partner we can spend all the time doing R&D, dyno testing, and road testing and providing feedback to them. Jeremy can work his magic and make the changes for us. They are aces in my book!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Powerchip...