My 2004 E55 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
My 2004 E55 for sale

Guys

I'm interested in selling my silver 2004 E55 that has about 46,500 miles on it. I live downtown Boston and my girlfriend is away in NYC studying for the next six months, and I was planning on a new car later in the year or early next year anyway, so to save the hundreds of dollars on garaging and insuring two cars for the next six months when she's not here to drive hers, I thought I might sell mine, drive hers till she gets back and then buy myself something new.

Why sell mine? Well, hers is a lease and we'd lose too much on it, plus she loves it and will want it on her return. I'll be suffering for a while as it's just a Volvo S40, but it'll give me an excuse to get something great when she returns.

I haven't been on the boards, or in the market for a car for a while - I bought this car in Dec 2004 with about 7,000 miles on it.

Warranty is almost up, but I only have to get about 1,500 more miles on it before early June and I can take it in for the full D service under warranty.

I have a second set of original AMG wheels with winter tires on them (they are all the same width as the regular front wheels so I could get tires), and those winters have lots of tread on them (only used two seasons). As for the regular tires, they are PS2s, but right before winter this year, I got a hole in a side wall on one of the rears, so I changed to my winters and they are still on the car. So... minimum need is two new rears... the fronts are probably good for another 5,000 miles when they go back on.

I'd be prepared to sell the car with the winter wheels and tires, or I'd consider selling it without as well.

Seems like $38K is about the going rate for the car by itself, and this car is in excellent condition, with only a tiny paint chip on the corner edge of the trunk (thanks to some valet). So, i'd be prepared to sell it for $38K for just the car, or $40K for the car with the extra four wheels and tires.

I haven't done any photos of the car for this post, but I'd be happy to do some photos over the coming days and PM them to you if you are interested. There are no modifications to the car, it is a standard silver E55. Regular stuff... no special mods, about the only option is the 6-CD changer.

Feel free to PM me, or post, if you are interested in a discussion.